SUNRISE AFTER UPDATES

Maraprince

You can do a side-by-side comparison of up to there ships on Carnival’s website. You can see what new things the Sunrise is getting (increased Guest capacity, more specialty dining restaurants, Cloud 9 Spa, RedFrog Pib, Playlist Productions, etc, etc).

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/compare-cruise-ships.aspx

Edited by bakersdozen12
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Maraprince said:

Besides the buffet, where else can you go for lunch on embarcation day (no additional charge)?

MARAPRINCE

It looks like there will be a Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que and a Cucina del Capitano on the Sunrise and both will be free for lunch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maraprince said:

Besides the buffet, where else can you go for lunch on embarcation day (no additional charge)?

MARAPRINCE

41 minutes ago, schazzy said:

It looks like there will be a Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que and a Cucina del Capitano on the Sunrise and both will be free for lunch.

Guys Burger Joint should be open for lunch too I think.  I love those burgers!

Edited by silkhair1

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:35 PM, Jamman54 said:

Best way to see is to check out the deck plans. :classic_cool:

Jeff , I haven't even bothered to look at the deck plans. Will the  comedy club offer  more seating in a larger room ???

5 hours ago, BoDidly said:

Jeff , I haven't even bothered to look at the deck plans. Will the  comedy club offer  more seating in a larger room ???

Not really. The Triumph's Oxford Lounge aft on Deck 4 will become the Limelight Lounge, just like they did when the Destiny became the Sunshine. However, they are reconfiguring the stage to the port side which should virtually eliminate seats without a view of the stage, which is a problem on the Sunshine. We will be doing a B2B on the Sunrise in September so we'll get to check her out firsthand. :classic_cool:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are going on the Sunrise in June so I'm looking for all information I can get :classic_smile:.  We sailed the Triumph many years ago so it will be interesting to see how it has changed. bakersdozen12, I am gong to check out the comparison link you shared.  Thanks.

On 2/15/2019 at 9:12 PM, bakersdozen12 said:

You can do a side-by-side comparison of up to there ships on Carnival’s website. You can see what new things the Sunrise is getting (increased Guest capacity, more specialty dining restaurants, Cloud 9 Spa, RedFrog Pib, Playlist Productions, etc, etc).

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/compare-cruise-ships.aspx

• Like 2

Free/Included Lunch Options are Lido Buffet, Guys Burgers Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Guys Pig and Anchor, Pizerria Del Capitano, the Carnival Deli, and Culcina Del Capitano. 

I will be checking her out this Christmas.

They have already started updating some of the cabins on this ship. The cabins looks newer, fresher, and the color choices are more pleasant and modern. Room updates include updating those small 17 inch TVs to large 40 inch 4k TVs. All cabins will now include mini fridges (which weren't on the ship before), they replaced the carpets, curtains, beddings and sofas in the cabins. Also they added electrical outlets and usb outlets. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Not really. The Triumph's Oxford Lounge aft on Deck 4 will become the Limelight Lounge, just like they did when the Destiny became the Sunshine. However, they are reconfiguring the stage to the port side which should virtually eliminate seats without a view of the stage, which is a problem on the Sunshine. We will be doing a B2B on the Sunrise in September so we'll get to check her out firsthand. :classic_cool:

Thanks ! Make sure you do one of your famous reviews. 👍  I'll do some homework on the ship next month or so to decide when we will cruise . That's gonna be a strange layout for the comedy club.  

Edited by BoDidly
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Seems like it’s all gotta be good stuff. Oxford was completely underused when we were on Triumph. Not as sure how I feel about reduced seating in the forward main show lounge but to be fair, none of the shows got close to filling up and we were on a max capacity (3400+) sailing. Look forward to your scoop afterward.

We're doing an 8-day from New York on the Sunrise in July. I'm really looking forward to being on a ship that has just gone through a major gut-job. We typically don't go on the brand new ships, as we like to let them work all the kinks out and wait for the prices to drop some. 

• Like 1

Well, when i booked it for this August, they still hadn't announced the name change or update.   I was just glad to have something booked.   I am excited to see the updates and to cruise on a like-new-ship, something i've not done before, so you'll get no complaints from me.   I am ready to go!!! just 6 more months....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pyropoodle said:

Well, when i booked it for this August, they still hadn't announced the name change or update.   I was just glad to have something booked.   I am excited to see the updates and to cruise on a like-new-ship, something i've not done before, so you'll get no complaints from me.   I am ready to go!!! just 6 more months....

We are on Sunrise this august too! Which sailing are you on? We are so excited!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Lol, you can’t deny it... a name change won’t solve anything. 😄

When I originally booked I did not realize it was the Triumph and did an UGG when I realized it but looking into it further and  seeing all the upgrades I was happy I booked. I have been on the newer ships One of which broke down in port of St Martin and had to be flown home. So think it can happy to any ship.