Cancelled cruise question"...

Calli50

So we are currently on Oasis. Two friends of mine booked an inside room. One of them cancelled and lost 100% of his fare, which was understood. The problem  is they are now charging the other person an extra  approximately $400. I don’t get it, they still got the other person who cancelled’s FULL fair. Is there anyway for the one who cruised to not have to pay this $400? Thanks

8 minutes ago, Calli50 said:

So we are currently on Oasis. Two friends of mine booked an inside room. One of them cancelled and lost 100% of his fare, which was understood. The problem  is they are now charging the other person an extra  approximately $400. I don’t get it, they still got the other person who cancelled’s FULL fair. Is there anyway for the one who cruised to not have to pay this $400? Thanks

Someone should have gotten all the detail repercussions for cancelling,before doing so. Your friend should have just been a "no show" !!

1 minute ago, Calli50 said:

They cancelled before. About two weeks before. They originally said the extra charge was the drink package. It has been stupid.

So they allowed them on the ship at the port and guest services are charging it on the sea pass?

Like the others said the 2nd person should just have been a no show.  The person that did not show would have gotten back port fees and any other purchased items.  That's why everyone here advised folks NOT to cancel in advance just be a no show.  Sorry this info is too late for them

4 minutes ago, Calli50 said:

They cancelled before. About two weeks before. They originally said the extra charge was the drink package. It has been stupid.

Did the one who cancelled pay for the drink package pre-cruise?  That would have gone back to the one who cancelled so that could be a thing but I'm thinking not.

Unfortunately the one that cancelled, called to cancel so the other one could get the drink package at the cheaper price before we boarded. So no the one who cancelled hadn’t paid for the drink package. Maybe some calling and complaining might help. Otherwise lesson learned.