AARP Carnival gift cards

maryhou

3 hours ago, maryhou said:

I just paid the membership fee, where do I find them on the website?  Does it redirect you to another site?  If you could email that would be awesome maryhou88 at gmail dot com

If you paid a membership fee, then you just joined AARP. To get the gift cards, you don't need to pay any fees or join AARP. The Reward for Good is a free program open to anyone 18+. Anyone can get the gift cards. 

You can take quizzes and click through the questions to earn points. 5,000 points for a $500 gift card ($450) and 1,000 points for a $100 ($90) gift card.

• 2 weeks later...

The $100 and $500 AARP gift cards are back in stock - bought several today.  Last week, I used $400 worth of them towards our Jan cruise. Tried to do it online and it looked like it worked, but when I logged out and in again, the same balance was there. I called Carnival and had the agent do it again and this time it worked.

Apparenlty if you're an AARP member, you don't have to take any surveys to earn points.  I get points just for logging in to my AARP account.

While I bookmarked the link shared above for the Rewards website, I was determined to find it through the regular AARP website.  Go to the search link, and search for Rewards.  It will bring you to the one where you can buy all sorts of gift cards at a discount.  Finally a benefit to having joined AARP!

Just wished the gift cards were e-cards, so that you got them quicker.  Takes 2 weeks to receive them in the mail.  Not quick enough for sailing in 7 days.

16 hours ago, PlanoDebbie said:

Apparenlty if you're an AARP member, you don't have to take any surveys to earn points.  I get points just for logging in to my AARP account.

While I bookmarked the link shared above for the Rewards website, I was determined to find it through the regular AARP website.  Go to the search link, and search for Rewards.  It will bring you to the one where you can buy all sorts of gift cards at a discount.  Finally a benefit to having joined AARP!

Just wished the gift cards were e-cards, so that you got them quicker.  Takes 2 weeks to receive them in the mail.  Not quick enough for sailing in 7 days.

AARP discontinued the e-cards last summer.

Is anyone else having trouble buying these gift cards?  I keep getting the message that my credit card was declined?  I have tried 2 different cards and keep getting the same message...?  I've been trying for 2 days to purchase these gift cards.

1 hour ago, Mysticcruiser said:

Is anyone else having trouble buying these gift cards?  I keep getting the message that my credit card was declined?  I have tried 2 different cards and keep getting the same message...?  I've been trying for 2 days to purchase these gift cards.

Their website is very particular about the billing address and shipping address matching exactly.  You might recheck your entries there and try again.

1 hour ago, Mysticcruiser said:

Call your bank and see how they have your card listed in their system. I had an issue with mine having the Apt. # above the address line and it would not go through even after I changed the order of the address. Ended up having to use my husbands card which had the address in the right order and have never had an issue ordering them since.

Edited by Babyfin

On 2/15/2019 at 1:02 PM, maryhou said:

I just paid the membership fee, where do I find them on the website?  Does it redirect you to another site?  If you could email that would be awesome maryhou88 at gmail dot com

If you're an AARP member, you can also go to the regular AARP website and search rewards.  I had no idea they sold so many discounted gift cards.  Getting on Freedom tomorrow, and it takes 2 weeks to get the cards.  I would just keep checking back once a week.  They offer the same discount on the $100 gift cards, so look for those as well.

• 6 months later...

Hello, I know I’m a bit late to this thread, but does anyone if these gift cards are still available through AARP. I’ve been looking for the Carnival cruise gift card $500 value for $450, however I can only find a section that lets me enter a sweepstakes to win a gift card. Maybe they are just sold out? 

52 minutes ago, overeasy070 said:

Hello, I know I’m a bit late to this thread, but does anyone if these gift cards are still available through AARP. I’ve been looking for the Carnival cruise gift card $500 value for $450, however I can only find a section that lets me enter a sweepstakes to win a gift card. Maybe they are just sold out? 

This appears to be a reoccurring problem, so I think they are not selling/vending those gift cards, or if they are, they are trying to make it very difficult to find.

2 hours ago, overeasy070 said:

They are selling them. They just launched a new program and when they did the carnival gift cards they sold did not have a pin number  associated with them so they were unusable. They pulled them from the site until they could get that straightened out. 

They did change it though. Now you have to be an AARP member to buy the cards. It was $12 for the year a few days ago. But you can buy it at any age. 

Hopefully they will be putting them back on the website soon, 

HTH, 

Donna