Royal Up bid accepted, now what??..

tennislvr8

My royal up bid was accepted. Prior to that, I ordered the combo drink/internet package. The room won the bid on comes with internet. Is it my responsibility to cancle the combo package a d repurchase drink package or will they take care of that? TIA

10 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Would you please share your old cabin cat.  and what you upgraded to and how much you bid.  thanks

Sure.. We were in a family Jr suite and bid $2500 total, an extra $250 total on the minimum bid for a sky loft suite. 

Edited by tennislvr8

13 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Did you just get an email from RCI originally that this was available for your cruise ? And how far in advance of your cruise did you get this option?

I got the bid offer Tuesday 2/12 and the email saying it was accepted Friday 2/15, for the April 13 sailing on Anthem of the seas. We bid agressively, hsuband really wanted the room. The minimum bid was $850 we bid $1250 each person. 

14 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

I got the bid offer Tuesday 2/12 and the email saying it was accepted Friday 2/15, for the April 13 sailing on Anthem of the seas. We bid agressively, hsuband really wanted the room. The minimum bid was $850 we bid $1250 each person. 

Thank you for your info. I'm not very hopeful for my next cruise (May on Vision have an aft JS) that this will be offered...it's basically sold out. But good to know for the other ones I have booked....I guess you never know.

1 hour ago, tennislvr8 said:

I got the bid offer Tuesday 2/12 and the email saying it was accepted Friday 2/15, for the April 13 sailing on Anthem of the seas. We bid aggressively, husband really wanted the room. The minimum bid was $850 we bid $1250 each person. 

How does that math work? You said in post #8 "We were in a family Jr suite and bid $2500 total, an extra $250 total on the minimum bid for a sky loft suite.But then you say above the minimum bid was $850 which is only $1700.

$2500 [2 x $1250 pp] minus $1700 [2 x $850 pp minimum bid] = $800 extra above the minimum bid.

The math says you bid $400 per person over the minimum bid...right?.....not $250... ?????

Am I missing something?

13 minutes ago, HLR said:

How does that math work? You said in post #8 "We were in a family Jr suite and bid $2500 total, an extra $250 total on the minimum bid for a sky loft suite.But then you say above the minimum bid was $850 which is only $1700.

$2500 [2 x $1250 pp] minus $1700 [2 x $850 pp minimum bid] = $800 extra above the minimum bid.

The math says you bid $400 per person over the minimum bid...right?.....not $250... ?????

Am I missing something?

You are correct. I apologize, initially I bid the $250 over then husband added the additional $150.

Which Sky loft?  We're in the owner loft and don't expect our bid for the royal loft to work out since I know the room is booked/paid for and I seriously doubt the occupants would cancel at this point...so we might be neighbors for the week 😉

10 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Which Sky loft?  We're in the owner loft and don't expect our bid for the royal loft to work out since I know the room is booked/paid for and I seriously doubt the occupants would cancel at this point...so we might be neighbors for the week 😉

10th floor, what floor are you on?