Volcanic Mud Experience Tour in St. Lucia

Ahmne

Has anyone done the Volcanic Mud Experience tour offered by RC in St. Lucia? We are debating on doing this as it's cheaper than some of the popular private tour companies. I understand you do less but that may not be a bad thing with younger kids.

Any reviews?

1 hour ago, Ahmne said:

Has anyone done the Volcanic Mud Experience tour offered by RC in St. Lucia? We are debating on doing this as it's cheaper than some of the popular private tour companies. I understand you do less but that may not be a bad thing with younger kids.

Any reviews?

Just returned from there today.  If you hire a cab, it will cost $150-$180 plus tip for round trip transportation.  Our taxi driver waited for us for the 1.5 hours we were there.  The cab we had could fit 5 adults very comfortably and probably 2 children. It is a long drive as it takes about 1.5 hours in each direction over winding roads.  

Admission is $15 each adult for the tour and use of the mud baths.  I think children where $10 or $11 each.

Edited by frank808

Thanks! I had not thought about doing it on our own which is strange since it's what we have planned in every other port!

Was the can driver knowledgeable about the island and willing to do a few other stops? Did you stop for lunch somewhere?

I've heard seeing the Pitons from the water is great but not sure if it's worth the premium

• Like 1

Check out Cosol Tours on St Lucia.  The price is just $75.  It was great!  Several food/snack stops -  beer, soda, rum punch available (and water).  The truck with the ice chest and drinks met up with us 3 or 4 times. 

http://cosol-tours.com/tours.html

Their website shows some good pics and represents exactly what we did.  I didn't do the mud myself, but volunteered to take pics of those in our van that did.

DSC06832.jpg

DSC06838.jpg

DSC06845.jpeg

I too would definitely recommend Cosol Tours....We did their tour last September and it was just amazing...We've been to St Lucia a couple of times and now I realize what we missed out on...That's never going to happen again and will book with them again for our 2021 cruise.

11 hours ago, Ahmne said:

Thanks! I had not thought about doing it on our own which is strange since it's what we have planned in every other port!

Was the can driver knowledgeable about the island and willing to do a few other stops? Did you stop for lunch somewhere?

I've heard seeing the Pitons from the water is great but not sure if it's worth the premium

We did it from the water ona speed boat and dodged the long drive and got all the beautiful water views and Pitons. It was an awesome day. it was very worth the cost to us. We booked it independently.

We toured with Cosol also and enjoyed the volcano.  Our teen aged kids initially didn't want to do the volcanic mud but later said that it was the highlight of the day.  After covering yourself in mud, there is an area to get mostly rinsed off, but most tours will then go to a nearby waterfall for the final rinse (crilski's last picture).  There is a mad made concrete "tub" at the volcano (crilski's first picture).  The water in the tub was hot when we were there...hot enough that I needed to lower myself in slowly.  Conversely, the water at the waterfall was a little cold and the water from the waterfall hits you hard (but still fun to do).  I mention this in case it's an issue for younger kids.

DW says that her skin felt great for a couple of days after smearing the volcanic mud on her. She actually asked friends who visited on a later cruise to buy a volcanic soap bar for her, which she also said worked great.  

Thanks everyone. We had considered Cosol but was afraid of the long bus ride. Plus the excursion through the ship was cheaper. I may bite the bullet and go with Spencer Ambrose tours for the boat ride.

We were there last February and used Spencer Ambrose Land/Sea/Beach adventure based on other CC recommendations. It was awesome. Website is: 

http://spencerambrose.com/island-tours/spencers-land-and-sea-adventure1/

Here is a summary of our day... I believe cost was $190/pp and it was our splurge. We did do/see a lot and had a great day

Tour highlights: view the Pitons by land and sea, scenic overlooks, sightseeing, Toraille waterfall & gardens, sulphur springs, jalousie/sugar beach, scenic coastal tour by speedboat, bat cave, fish on the rock, Marigot Bay, Natural bridge, Lunch, Snacks and Beverages included.

The Jalousie Beach is right between the Pitons and they had chairs for us under thatch umbrellas and we had a small local creole type lunch with beverages (beer and super STRONG rum punch). 

7 hours ago, Ahmne said:

Thanks everyone. We had considered Cosol but was afraid of the long bus ride. Plus the excursion through the ship was cheaper. I may bite the bullet and go with Spencer Ambrose tours for the boat ride.

With young kids, I would do this.  🙂

Little ones may not do well on the long drive.  Very twisty and turny.  Many adults feel quite ill.

I have done Cosol.  I have done Spencer Ambrose.  Love them both.  (did another company whose name I can't remember right now, which was also good).

16 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I have done Cosol.  I have done Spencer Ambrose.  Love them both.  (did another company whose name I can't remember right now, which was also good).

Since you have done both, which one would you suggest?

Thanks