Poll: How far in advance do most people book?

HOSKI

It really depends - the last 3 cruises (including our upcoming trip) I've booked <60 days out because it just so happened I was lurking around RCCL.com and found a really great deal. Prior to that, I would tend to book 6 - 12 months out. Gonna be honest though -- because DH and I can be flexible with our travel dates, it's a lot more fun being able to book a great deal and get right to counting down! 

• Thanks 1

It varies. It's usually after we get back from a holiday and are like right . Where to next ? Are we bus tour or cruise. Departure from Oz or overseas. I would love to be able to book last minute ie no more than 2 months in advance but my workplace is hard to get time off. We get a roster 3-4 weeks in advance and once its published tahts it no leave. Having to fly a different state also impacts it to. :(  I like booking in advance. Some destinations book up quite quick. Also gives me a chance to fully sus out the destination and jump on here and ask a million questions.  :)

We book our "main" cruisese (usually 1-2 TAs or some other longer cruise) pretty much as soon as released.  This allows us to snag good pricing, roms we particularly want and schedule DH's work projects around the trips.  Some years (like this one), as work projects begin to fill in, we check to see if a good pried and interesting cruise is avaiable to book from a port near where he'll be working and maybe add something 6-10 months out that we can tie into a bussiness trip.

Our Anthem cruise was booked just under a year out, all of our other cruises were booked as far as 18 months out. The day may come where we decide what port to leave from, make all of the arrangements, then wait until 60 days or less to find a cruise and doing a land vacation if we can't find one but that is way down the road.