Cozumel what to do?

BAMAMOMOF3

12 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Have you asked on the Cozumel ports of call board?

That's a cemetary.i asked questions there then come back from my cruise and answered my own self.people only talk about a beach.we have beaches here we dont go to.

20 hours ago, BAMAMOMOF3 said:

I have been to Cozumel many times and seen most of it. We booked with Tours Plaza last year and it was AMAZING! Did the Punta Sur excursion and was a disaster. This year maybe a resort that is low key with all inclusive? Bar Hop?  My husband thinks i am crazy and trying to go back into my wild days. But how does that work and who do i look at for something like that? Any other different things that a 59 yr old would love to do ? Mr Sanchos would have lots of kids i would think. DOnt want any water slides or things like that.

We are once again going to Nachi Cocom in Cozumel.  They only accept 135 reservations per day.  Period.  So, no crowded beach.  No loud music.  Now bouncy water toys.  Just a very relaxing beautiful beach.  For $55.00/pp, you get unlimited food and drinks.  You can sit on some lounge chairs under your own Palapa, or enjoy the pool.  Food and drink will be brought out to you, or you can sit in their restaurant.

thanks for all the recommendations.  Looks like I am leaning on Nachi or Paradise Beach. I love the snorkeling but this time I want to just enjoy the day relaxing. will e on carnival Dream in May and so excited to go to a newer port like Honduras and Belize. But Cozumel has my heart.

18 hours ago, Jenny in TX said:

We always book Nachi Cocom.  It is $55 for more food than you can eat and unlimited drinks.  You get a palapa with 2 layout chairs and a table.  The waiters come around and bring your food and drink to you.  It is very relaxing and quiet.  We tried Mr. Sancho's one time but it was way to crowded for me.  I don't like being packed in like sardines.

How did you get there from the pier?

18 hours ago, Jenny in TX said:

We always book Nachi Cocom.  It is $55 for more food than you can eat and unlimited drinks.  You get a palapa with 2 layout chairs and a table.  The waiters come around and bring your food and drink to you.  It is very relaxing and quiet.  We tried Mr. Sancho's one time but it was way to crowded for me.  I don't like being packed in like sardines.

Edited by didugger

I have been to Cozumel many times by cruise and by plane and thought I had seen it all.  I just returned from a cruise on Carnival Vista and we did the Passion Island excursion, all inclusive.  It was absolutely beautiful there, the people were great. Not too crowded, any type of setting you could want, shady , hammocks, table and chairs, loungers, whatever you want.  I wish I was back there right now.  I will go back whenever I find myself in Cozumel again.  The 45 minute boat ride there and back was awesome as well.

7 hours ago, didugger said:

At the far end of all the shops of the port, there's a cab line.  You will find a posted list of prices to each beach.  Before you get in line, try to find some others who are going to Nachi Cocom to share the cab with you.  The price list will indicate that it's a flat rate for 1 to 4 people.  When we went there 2 years ago, we were in the vehicle with 2 other ladies, so we assumed we were all splitting the cost of $24 for the vehicle.  I figured my half was $12 and gave him a $3 tip.  The driver quickly told us that my husband and I had to pay the full $24 fee because the other 2 ladies were being dropped off at the beach next door.  I was not happy and just handed him an additional $10.

Also, when you get ready to leave, they will try to put each party into a separate cab back to the port so that more cabbies make money.  Just ask around to find anyone else going to the same port and ask if they want to share a vehicle.  Otherwise, you're gonna spend at least $25 to $30 each way on cab fares.

Nachi Cocom will only take 135 people per day, and I strongly recommend making your reservation with them online.  You'll need to pay an $11 deposit per person, and pay the balance in cash when you arrive.  If they are full for that day, you won't be able to just show up like many of the other beaches.  They don't do a waiting list either.

13 hours ago, parodeejay said:

@newdestination Random question about the Private Oasis excursion through the ship... one member of our party is nervous about getting on the catamaran without a little encouragement. Were there drinks available ON the catamaran, or just once you got to the island, do you recall? Thankee!! 😄

They did not offer drinks on the catamaran.  On our trip, it was a very large vessel.  I would have called it a ferry.  It also takes guests to Passion Island for another Carnival tour, the All Inclusive beach break.  

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:57 AM, cruiserbrianj said:

When we were at Mr. Sanchos I didn't notice a ton of kids...that was just me...

I have been to Sanchos 3 times and have not seen a bunch of kids at all.  Just my 2 cents.

On 2/28/2019 at 7:44 AM, newdestination said:

They did not offer drinks on the catamaran.  On our trip, it was a very large vessel.  I would have called it a ferry.  It also takes guests to Passion Island for another Carnival tour, the All Inclusive beach break.  

@newdestination Thanks so much! That might make them feel better, ha ha...

• 1 month later...

I would just like to find a beautiful beach where we can relax for free. I don't want to pay for a food/drinks/sunbed package.

On one beach last year (cant remember which island) we had to walk to a tiny bit of 'public' beach, only a few metres long that was free from a hotel charging for us to 'sit' on it.

Any recommendations? Thank you

1 hour ago, Tinkerbellsparkle said:

I would just like to find a beautiful beach where we can relax for free. I don't want to pay for a food/drinks/sunbed package.

On one beach last year (cant remember which island) we had to walk to a tiny bit of 'public' beach, only a few metres long that was free from a hotel charging for us to 'sit' on it.

Any recommendations? Thank you

We been to Cozumel 7 or 8 times, but we've not found a free beach.  The best we have found is Paradise Beach.  There is a $3 entry charge and they ask that you spend $10 on food or drinks.  We've been there our last four times and will be going there later this month.  Someone else may have an idea for a free beach, but Paradise Beach is the best we have found.

https://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/team-post/beach/

On 2/28/2019 at 11:36 AM, cnice515 said:

I have been to Sanchos 3 times and have not seen a bunch of kids at all.  Just my 2 cents.

We were there in March, and there were quite a few kids (under 15 years old, let's say). Between them, the college kids vaping and drinking too much, and the cigar-smoking guy with the loud wireless speaker, we won't be returning. Too much money to roll the dice on one's companions.

We just got back from Cozumel.  We have been many times and have done the Ruins and beaches.  We decided to spend the day with "Fishing with Pedro".  He takes you out on his boat and deep sea fishing.   The current was a little strong that day so we didn't catch the big fish that a lot of people have caught (no other boats did that day either).   But we still caught a few good ones.   

Then he takes you to El Cielo the best beach.  Its so clear and soft sand.  And there are friendly sting rays to swim with.  Pedro will make fresh ceviche with the fish that you catch.  Even our picky eaters liked it.  It was so delicious.  Pedro will also take you snorkeling.  Its was the best day of our cruise.  We wish we had longer to spend with him.  

2019-04-05_09-57-19_789.jpg

2019-04-05_13-04-36_797.jpg

2019-04-05_13-46-12_188.jpg

2019-04-05_14-23-10_079.jpg

P4050263.JPG

P4050245.JPG

P4050331.JPG