Blackout curtains in Outside staterooms on Equinox

mikkelhansen

Hello,

Just a quick question: Are there blackout curtains in Outside staterooms on Celebrity Equinox, or in any other stateroom categories with a window for that matter?

And I mean literally blackout with no light seeping through at all. If not, how dense are the actual curtains, are they just basic draped curtains?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Regards,

Mikkel

12 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

Hello,

Just a quick question: Are there blackout curtains in Outside staterooms on Celebrity Equinox, or in any other stateroom categories with a window for that matter?

And I mean literally blackout with no light seeping through at all. If not, how dense are the actual curtains, are they just basic draped curtains?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Regards,

Mikkel

Welcome to CC. There is a curtain and a sheer. With both closed it won't be as dark in the stateroom as an inside stateroom. 

3 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

But it is still pretty dang dark!  You could bring a clothes pin if you wanted to make sure the center stays closed.  Under the sheer is an opaque fabric.

I need literally blacked-out-dark, but I suppose that sleeping when it's actually night outside, it would be comparable to blackout, until the sun rises?

1 minute ago, mfs2k said:

Pack a sleep mask.  They work great if the room isn't dark enough 

Been there, done that - they don't darken enough, because there is that teeny-tiny ray of light coming in near the nose. I'm very demanding, I know!

Yes, I had the hull balconies of the edge on my mind.  So, wrong ship.

I have some friends who need absolute pitch black and always book inside cabins, they even roll up a towel so no light leaks under the door, and cover the peephole in the door.  If you need that much darkness, book an  inside room

3 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Sounds like you might be better off in an inside cabin if you need pitch black.

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

Yes, I had the hull balconies of the edge on my mind.  So, wrong ship.

I have some friends who need absolute pitch black and always book inside cabins, they even roll up a towel so no light leaks under the door, and cover the peephole in the door.  If you need that much darkness, book an  inside room

That's what I have booked for our January 2021 cruise (we had an Inside on our cruise last month as well), but seeing the current promotions, I was thinking about maybe booking an outside stateroom.

But I'll stick to the inside stateroom that's already booked, so I won't have to worry about not getting any good sleep for a week.

Thanks!

We are taking black out curtains with us.  If you purchase strong magnets and attach to steel ceiling they are reported to hold.  So we didn't spend an arm and a leg we purchased ours at a thrift store.

I read this tip on Cruise Critic and this is the first time we are trying it.

Good luck and happy sailings!

I like it really dark also.  I take  a big binder clip like I have  at work  to make sure where the two drapes meet in the middle and overlap do not have a gap. That works for me.  This is on ththe M and S class ships.  The Edge is completely different as the infinite balconies have th black out shade which works really good. 

Edited by ecslady

I'm not sure if bringing Black Out shades will do anything better than what is there.   They DO HAVE blackout curtains on M and S Class, but like at home light may come in around the side, top, bottom and possibly where they join.   For the joint like suggested large C-Clamps work perfect.