O'Sheehan's vs The Local

tomservo

I know The local is the 'evolution' of O'Sheehan's. Which do you prefer? Is the Local a complete improvement, or are there things you felt O'Sheehan's did better? How does either compare to the sports bar type venue on other cruise lines?

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

They just aren’t naming it after a gone CEO anymore...

That's what I understood but It's odd they kept O'sheehan's on the Jewel after the dry dock refit, you would have thought that was the opportunity to rebrand.

17 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

That's what I understood but It's odd they kept O'sheehan's on the Jewel after the dry dock refit, you would have thought that was the opportunity to rebrand.

Too cheap to make up a new sign? Maybe. 

• Haha 1

I'm excited to try some of the new items I saw posted on The Local's menu.   I think I recall seeing warm Pretzels with a beer/cheese sauce, a new 'Rachel' sandwich and Carrot Cake for dessert.  We have always enjoyed O'Sheehan's so I can't wait to try the Local. 

5 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Too cheap to make up a new sign? Maybe. 

Nope. Major refurbishment. Just no decision to rebrand until later ships. 

We we are at the local on the Bliss different menu. Over all similar to O’Shehan’s 

Edited by BirdTravels

I've been to O'Sheehan's on a few ships and the Local on the Bliss. Honestly, they have the same feel to me. I did prefer the menu on The Local, I liked their Turkey and Bean Chili or Watermelon Greek Salad as a mid-afternoon snack. I had a burger there once too and it was fine, nothing memorable either way.

Edited by rabidstoat
to -> too

On 2/21/2019 at 1:20 PM, detroitlions said:

So they have a pool table darts and games like they do in Osheehans? I have not seen information on this

I have asked the same question on the Bliss......the Boss Lady and I like to shoot a game or two. I have You Tubed the Bliss and have not seen a Pool Table.

Just back from the Bliss.  Loved the new Turkey Pot Pie and Carrot Cake.  The Pretzels with beer/cheese sauce weren't bad for 'pub' food.    New salads were good.  Hope they will add a couple of these to O'Sheehans menu on the other ships.