Not Quite B2B

alphawave1

My friend and I going  to go in the Enchantment for 5 days, get off and the following week get on the Liberty for 7 days. Wanted to do B2B but I had a work conflict. 

A friend who cruises says that was a terrible idea. We were thinking that getting home, catching up on business, and laundry, and going back would be fun. 

Anybody want to weigh in on this? 

7 minutes ago, alphawave1 said:

My friend and I going  to go in the Enchantment for 5 days, get off and the following week get on the Liberty for 7 days. Wanted to do B2B but I had a work conflict. 

A friend who cruises says that was a terrible idea. We were thinking that getting home, catching up on business, and laundry, and going back would be fun. 

Sounds like your friend has cruise envy.  If it works for you go for it. 

50 minutes ago, alphawave1 said:

Mario (high point cruiser on RC) does this regularly.

I certainly would prefer the true B2B as you had originally planned, as it would save me from packing, debarking, re-packing and embarking again, but I also don´t have the luxury of Living lose to a port, so flying is Always involved.

Putting aside what I said above if this is your Option, I see Nothing wrong with it. While not my first choice, I´d probably go for it in your Situation. 

Would be interesting to ask your friend for their reasoning. Certainly wouldn´t say it´s a terrible idea.

3 minutes ago, Paulxyz2004 said:

I certainly would prefer the true B2B as you had originally planned, as it would save me from packing, debarking, re-packing and embarking again, but I also don´t have the luxury of Living lose to a port, so flying is Always involved.

Putting aside what I said above if this is your Option, I see Nothing wrong with it. While not my first choice, I´d probably go for it in your Situation. 

Would be interesting to ask your friend for their reasoning. Certainly wouldn´t say it´s a terrible idea.

Fortunately we can drive from Houston to Galveston, our port, in an hour, so that played into the decision. Last several cruises were involving a long drive/ and or air flights. 

Go for it.  We are doing an almost back to back in May.  Hubby and I going on the Allure May 19th then our kids will fly down to meet us and we all go on the Empress for 5 nights.  Sometimes you have to take the opportunities as the come.

• Like 1