Luminae on Reflection & deck 12 sky suites

cruise kitty

Hi everyone,  I just wanted to give a big thank you for all the tips & advice I received on this thread,  we absolutely  loved being in a sky suite...  unfortunately for our pocket book, we upgraded next May's Alaska cruise to a sky suite :)   

The perks & extras were just wonderful.... I'll go into detail on a photo review very soon.  

Thanks again for everyone's help!

4 minutes ago, cruising in mn said:

Can you remember what they cost?

Hi, it was a ten night cruise & I think we paid about $199 each, this included the mandatory 20% gratuities.    It was a cold weather cruise (it snowed!)  so we used the persian gardens quite a bit. 

1 minute ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi, it was a ten night cruise & I think we paid about $199 each, this included the mandatory 20% gratuities.    It was a cold weather cruise (it snowed!)  so we used the persian gardens quite a bit. 

Thank you. We are in Aqua (usually sail in Aq) and we can upgrade to a Sky Suite, but my hubby LOVES Persian Garden, so I asked Celeb when I called and they said SS gets full PG access, but I dont remember that being the case before, so thats why I asked here. But maybe we can use the OBC to buy him a pass. 

So I appreciate the help, thank you!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cruising in mn said:

Thank you. We are in Aqua (usually sail in Aq) and we can upgrade to a Sky Suite, but my hubby LOVES Persian Garden, so I asked Celeb when I called and they said SS gets full PG access, but I dont remember that being the case before, so thats why I asked here. But maybe we can use the OBC to buy him a pass. 

So I appreciate the help, thank you!

That's exactly what we did, we had a large amount of OBC, $750 so we both bought passes & got massages :)

We usually sail in AQ and one is because my wife loves the PG.   We have recently sailed a few times in a SS.  Being E+ we get a free pass to PG for one port day.  We didn’t use it.  There were too many other things to do and enjoy.  Even now when in AQ our use of PG gets to be less and less.  

We sailed on the Edge in AQ doing a B2B for 14 days total.   Used the PG one time and that was because the of the placement of the loungers.   They are directly under the slanted window with the sun shining directly on you.   Didn’t use it at night because there was too many other activities and nice places to hang out 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We stayed on deck 12 in 2132 and never had a problem with noise.  Luminae seating at the window for two was available about 25% of the time when arriving at 7:30.  Luminae was a nice dining experience regardless of where we were seated.

• 1 month later...

The biggest problem with upgrading to a Suites Class is the difficulty in returning to Aqua or Consierge Class. Service in Luminae and Michaels Club is wonderful. Beware to scones at afternoon tea in Michaels Club! Waiters in Luminae have memorized your preferences after a couple of meals. In short, everything is better in Suites Class

When dining in Luminae (on S class) you can order from either the Luminae menu or the MDR menu.  Note that all of the food is prepared in the main galley on deck 3.  There is not a separate galley just for Luminae, it may be plated differently but it all comes from the MDR galley on deck 3.

On 2/28/2019 at 6:45 AM, crazyman3 said:

We were aft on Deck 14 and had no issues with noise from above... just the occasional sounds of music.

Deck 14?

40 minutes ago, crazyman3 said:

Yes, unlike other s-class ships, there is accommodation on Deck 14 on the Reflection.

Did they add some aft suites on Reflection I am not aware of?  The only suites that I know of on deck 14 is the Reflection Suite and the five Signature Suites.  But, they are at the front.   

We prefer Luminae to Blu.  Our experience has been that Luminae is quieter with more options.  We appreciate the extra space in an SS and the service from the Michaels Club concierge though we have not sailed any ships with the Retreat.   However, depending on the itinerary, who we are sailing with and price, Aqua Class continues to be an option.