Bliss Haven DOS vs 2 BR Courtyard Suite

Greenpea2

Question for anyone who has stayed in both the Bliss DOS and the 2-bedroom Haven Courtyard suite: Besides the huge balcony and 3 bottles of booze,  do you think the DOS was that much nicer/better (keeping in mind the MUCH higher price)? What are the pros and cons between them?

i havent sailed these particular rooms, but i have sailed with just two of us in a 2 bedroom suite and it is awesome.  second bedroom is handy for luggage storage and purchases on shore, and the second bathroom is handy when you both want to get ready at the same time.  We loved the extra room!  Since we always have UBP, having bottles in the room is not that important to us.  being right in the courtyard, steps from the restaurant and bar is ideal.

Thanks so much for your input! I have been in the 2-BR Haven suite on the Gem, and I agree with you-- it is wonderful. Can't beat that bathroom! I guess I was just wondering in what (if any) ways the DOS is "better." I have the Bliss 2 BR booked for next year and so the DOS would be the only thing I might be offered a bid on. Not that I would bid much -- but still, I was wondering if/why if I should, even if my low bid chances are next to none!

19 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

have the Bliss 2 BR booked for next year and so the DOS would be the only thing I might be offered a bid on.

Bliss only has 2 DOS and they are usually booked far in advance. It's rare to get an offer to bid on one. If one is available for your cruise, see how much more NCL would want for it if you upgrade straight up (no bid).

1 minute ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Bliss only has 2 DOS and they are usually booked far in advance. It's rare to get an offer to bid on one. If one is available for your cruise, see how much more NCL would want for it if you upgrade straight up (no bid).

Thanks, Two Wheels Only. I don't want it enough to pay big bucks. Was just wondering what the allure is about it. I think the 2 BR will be wonderful. I used to fantasize about the DOS on the Gem, with it's own hot tub on the big ole deck/balcony. Since Bliss doesn't have that, I can't say I care as much!

i would say the allure is the larger room, better balcony views, the booze bottles (if that's your thing) and the bragging rights to say you had a DOS.  i wont lie, id love to travel in one someday, but it would have to be for  a very good price.

The  Dos on the escape is the H2  correct?

I received an upgrade offer for our may 12th sailing on the escape. We currently have the Haven  2  Bedroom suite since there are 4 of us and the 3rd and 4th went free ( except for the taxes). So I thought that was a great deal. Currently, the offer bids start low ( for the H2)and go all the way up to 2500. I have been really vacillating on bidding. It looks wonderful - but the 2 bedroom is great as well.

I also have the option  to bid on the H3- The haven owners suite with large balcony ,but that would not work in our case. THat bidding range is the exact as the H2.

So I am curious as well  as the OP with these cabins.

Edited by tumblew467

4 hours ago, dexddd said:

On the big bid thread rockfish got bid range $1000-2000 pp for May 19.  Guess no one wants to pay $21,000 a week for either DOS that week.

We have 4 persons in a 2 BR suite (DW, DD and her BF). Already paid about 12K. Received an offer to bid for an upgrade to the DOS for a range of 1-2K PP (total 2-4K for the first 2 only). I bid.
I'll let you know  if I win and how the DOS compares to the 2 BR.

1 hour ago, rockfsh said:

We have 4 persons in a 2 BR suite (DW, DD and her BF). Already paid about 12K. Received an offer to bid for an upgrade to the DOS for a range of 1-2K PP (total 2-4K for the first 2 only). I bid.
I'll let you know  if I win and how the DOS compares to the 2 BR.

Thanks! Is that for a week's cruise? Hope you get it!!

3 hours ago, tumblew467 said:

The  Dos on the escape is the H2  correct?

I received an upgrade offer for our may 12th sailing on the escape. We currently have the Haven  2  Bedroom suite since there are 4 of us and the 3rd and 4th went free ( except for the taxes). So I thought that was a great deal. Currently, the offer bids start low ( for the H2)and go all the way up to 2500. I have been really vacillating on bidding. It looks wonderful - but the 2 bedroom is great as well.

I also have the option  to bid on the H3- The haven owners suite with large balcony ,but that would not work in our case. THat bidding range is the exact as the H2.

So I am curious as well  as the OP with these cabins.

Right, the DOS on Escape (and Bliss) is H2.  We stayed in one in June on Escape.  Nice room, much better than BA H2.  With 4, I wouldn't bid on the H3 especially depending on who it is.  The H2 has an interior room in it that is self contained just like the H4.  However, the bed is pretty small, maybe double at best.  It worked out for us though as DD slept in there and DS slept in the living room.

Good luck with the bids.

38 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Right, the DOS on Escape (and Bliss) is H2.  We stayed in one in June on Escape.  Nice room, much better than BA H2.  With 4, I wouldn't bid on the H3 especially depending on who it is.  The H2 has an interior room in it that is self contained just like the H4.  However, the bed is pretty small, maybe double at best.  It worked out for us though as DD slept in there and DS slept in the living room.

Good luck with the bids.

is the 2nd BR same in size as the H4 ( 2 bdrm suite)?  Also is it very windy when you go out on the balcony? My  only concern is that they assign the room I would prefer to be on deck 17 and not 18.  deck 19  has the  public sun deck overhead-- wonder how much noise comes from that. 

2 hours ago, tumblew467 said:

is the 2nd BR same in size as the H4 ( 2 bdrm suite)?  Also is it very windy when you go out on the balcony? My  only concern is that they assign the room I would prefer to be on deck 17 and not 18.  deck 19  has the  public sun deck overhead-- wonder how much noise comes from that. 

From Cruise Deck Plans

2br.png

dos.png

3 hours ago, rockfsh said:

From Cruise Deck Plans

2br.png

dos.png

I do understand that I saw the room plans, but was just wondering how windy it is there and  it may look like a better configuration for the 2nd bedroom in the means of space.than the  2 bedroom  ... thanks 

10 hours ago, tumblew467 said:

I do understand that I saw the room plans, but was just wondering how windy it is there and  it may look like a better configuration for the 2nd bedroom in the means of space.than the  2 bedroom  ... thanks 

I was wondering the same thing in terms of the second bedroom. What I did was to Google "NCL Bliss Haven Deluxe Owners Suite" and "NCL Bliss 2 bedroom Haven courtyard suite". A bunch of uTube videos came up with tours of each. That's the best way to get an idea. The set-up in the 2 bedroom courtyard suite seems a bit bigger because it is wider. The one in the DOS looks like probably the same or similar square feet, but it is narrower. But check it out and that should help. I can't answer the windiness on the balcony but I get the feeling it would be. 

21 hours ago, dexddd said:

Good luck with the bids.

How was the wind on the H2 on the escape?  My situation is this- 4 of going me, husband, son and close friend who is celebrating her 50th BD.  son will sleep on the couch so no problem there--however he is a night owl and I'm sure he will be getting in very late or shall I say very early. At least in the H2 there is more room to move around him during the day if he sleeps late.  We stayed in the H4 last year with just 3 of us so never needed to open up the couch for someone to sleep in. So  I have no idea how much space there is to get to the balcony and walk around the couch/bed.These are the strange things  I  think about.lol  So I  do not know if I stay where I am or just bid on the H2. so looking for input.

I did look at some videos on you tube  to get an idea of the 2nd Br space. But will have to go back and see.  I guess the H2 has drawers and the H4 does not in that 2nd Br. I guess behind the curtain in the H2 in the 2nd Br is storage?

We have stayed in the DOS (H2) on the Escape 2 times. The balcony can be very windy depending on ship speed. The first time it was very windy while sailing in the Caribbean. The second time, from NY to Bermuda, we were going fairly slowly down to Bermuda and it was heaven on the balcony. We would sit out there at night, have a nightcap and watch the stars. 

The second bdrm in the DOS is bigger than the second bdrm in the 2-bdrm suite. Bathrooms are probably similar. It is a gorgeous room and we thoroughly enjoyed it both times. We had 6 of us the first time, and 4 the second time. Living room couch is very big, makes into a king-sized bed. 

Edited by blondie1746

3 minutes ago, blondie1746 said:

We have stayed in the DOS (H2) on the Escape 2 times. The balcony can be very windy depending on ship speed. The first time it was very windy while sailing in the Caribbean. The second time, from NY to Bermuda, we were going fairly slowly down to Bermuda and it was heaven on the balcony. We would sit out there at night, have a nightcap and watch the stars. 

The second bdrm in the DOS is bigger than the second bdrm in the 2-bdrm suite. Bathrooms are probably similar. It is a gorgeous room and we thoroughly enjoyed it both times. We had 6 of us the first time, and 4 the second time. Living room couch is very big, makes into a king-sized bed. 

Thank you , for the info. I just watched another youtube and saw the difference in the size of the 2nd bedrooms. What deck were you on?  I am leaning to bid after watching all the videos.

9 minutes ago, tumblew467 said:

Thank you , for the info. I just watched another youtube and saw the difference in the size of the 2nd bedrooms. What deck were you on?  I am leaning to bid after watching all the videos.

We were on 17, port side. 17102.

30 minutes ago, blondie1746 said:

We were on 17, port side. 17102.

That's the best H2 of all of the BA/BA Plus ships, in my opinion.

Unfortunately, the OP is looking at Bliss which only has deck 18 H2s. They aren't bad by any means. It's just that the 2 on Escape deck 17 are better with the larger balcony and less noise from above.

1 hour ago, tumblew467 said:

How was the wind on the H2 on the escape?  My situation is this- 4 of going me, husband, son and close friend who is celebrating her 50th BD.  son will sleep on the couch so no problem there--however he is a night owl and I'm sure he will be getting in very late or shall I say very early. At least in the H2 there is more room to move around him during the day if he sleeps late.  We stayed in the H4 last year with just 3 of us so never needed to open up the couch for someone to sleep in. So  I have no idea how much space there is to get to the balcony and walk around the couch/bed.These are the strange things  I  think about.lol  So I  do not know if I stay where I am or just bid on the H2. so looking for input.

I did look at some videos on you tube  to get an idea of the 2nd Br space. But will have to go back and see.  I guess the H2 has drawers and the H4 does not in that 2nd Br. I guess behind the curtain in the H2 in the 2nd Br is storage?

We've stayed in several forward OS and DOS rooms.  Typically standing up, yes can be windy.  Sitting down, not too bad.

On Escape we were on 17 so had even deeper balcony.  We spent quite a bit of time out there and the trip to Bermuda wasn't an issue.

Our teenage son had a friend onboard so between late night teen club and then getting food, he got home late and slept late.  It worked out great.  He had the king sofabed and it is very dark with drapes closed.  You can access front balcony from the master plus you have the small side balcony.

The H2 second bedroom has tons of storage space between closet and cubbies.