Done Celebrity Reflection - any other that might suit us?

Jorg_

We did a cruise on Celebrity Reflection this January. It was our first ever cruise, and since we just loved it we really want to go on another one. But the question is if we should try another cruise line/another ship or just stick to Reflection.

Since we had never been on a cruise before this one, I suppose we could have been just as pleased with any cruise line/ship. But now that we have actually done one and enjoyed it so much, everything will now be in comparison to that experience.

We loved the ship itself, we loved that there were no kids (we only saw two teenagers on our cruise) and we loved the food. Pool area was great for us, we don't need any water slides. Stateroom (Veranda) was great.

Should we stay with what we know or does anyone have any suggestions on what cruise lines we could try next?

If minimum, or no kids is a requirement, P&O UK has 3 ships that are adult only and the entire Viking fleet is 18+. Suggest avoiding Carnival, NCL, RCCL, especially during school holidays. Longer cruises also tend to get less kids.

Other suggestion is to visit a travel agent for researching other cruise line options that meet your preferences.

Not much to go by, I know. But we liked that it never felt crowded. That the passengers were mostly 50+ (we are age 45-50 ourselves). Do not need ’party’ but like nice bars and good food. And I suppose we don’t want anything much smaller than Reflection.

Reflection is a Solstice Class ship.  Her sister ships in that class are: Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse and Silhouette.  They will be very similar to Reflection in the areas you appreciated.  Celebrity also has a Millennium Class of ships that are somewhat different in design but still have the Celebrity product.

Check out Celebrity's newest ship/class, Celebrity Edge.  There are a lot of reviews on the Celebrity board, both pro & con.  It is totally different than other Celebrity classes.

The sister ship to Reflection is Silhouette, it has both the Lawn Club Grill and The Porch, which are not on the other 3 S class.  M class ships are smaller than S class and are undergoing an update called the Revolution.

The number of kids on Celebrity ships often depends on the length of the cruise and time of year. Longer cruises or during the school year will have fewer kids.  Summer, spring break, short cruises over holidays will have more.  

4 hours ago, Jorg_ said:

Since we had never been on a cruise before this one, I suppose we could have been just as pleased with any cruise line/ship. But now that we have actually done one and enjoyed it so much, everything will now be in comparison to that experience.

We loved the ship itself, we loved that there were no kids (we only saw two teenagers on our cruise) and we loved the food. Pool area was great for us, we don't need any water slides. Stateroom (Veranda) was great.

Should we stay with what we know or does anyone have any suggestions on what cruise lines we could try next?

Sticking with what you like isn't a bad idea.  Celebrity is a great cruise line.  But if you do wander, consider Princess or Holland America's newest ships (Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam).  They're similarly priced and largely considered to be in the same class as Celebrity.  I've cruised all 3 and while Celebrity is my favorite, the other 2 are also good.  

Our first cruise was on Princess. We loved it so much that we couldn't imagine anything better, so we stuck with Princess for four more cruises. Then we found a great deal on the NCL Getaway and we also loved it. We've been venturing out, since.

I'm not saying we'll never do Princess again. It's a great cruise line. But, being loyal based on one cruise is something we now regret. (Though not a ton of regret, it was still great cruising!)

We've now done three cruise lines and only one gave us reason to not return. It was still not a "bad," cruise, just not for us, in general.

Next year we're trying our fourth cruise line.

Just one cruiser's opinion.