Suite Manager

PSU

12 hours ago, ZiggyGA said:

Shout out for Niko, suite manager on Infinity.  My wife and I sailed with her on Silli several times when she was MCC    We were thrilled when we heard she had received a well deserved promotion the Suite manager.   We have missed her on our last cruises and hope to sail with her again soon.

Does anyone know if Niko will be on for the TA east bound in April?

21 hours ago, CruiseLifeIsTheBest said:

Also on Silhouette right now and for the 1st time in 12 cruises with X we will struggle to tip anyone at the end of the cruise. We have tipped several servers/bartenders but outside of that many crew members have provided average service at best, not our typical X experience. Some crew members appear to be unhappy, never smiling at all. Overall small misses in our Suite but quite a few misses that have added up to a subpar experience for us, especially given the cost of the Suite Life. Vanessa has been very pleasant but we have not needed any assistance from her. Having that said, we are fortunate enough to be on a cruise and are always thankful to be able to take vacations! Just hoping our next booked X cruise has better overall service. 

We will be on Silhouette for it's TA in April and are interested in what "misses" you are referring to that created a subpar experience.  Hoping our cruise will not encounter this.

21 hours ago, CruiseLifeIsTheBest said:

....... Overall small misses in our Suite but quite a few misses that have added up to a subpar experience for us, especially given the cost of the Suite Life....

Slightly concerned as we are in an RS on Shilouette in Aug. What where the misses? 

On 3/1/2019 at 10:22 PM, jcpc said:

Randy,

Priscilla Schmitt is indeed the Retreat Manager (different title on Edge!) on the Edge right now.  She's due for vacation soon.  I'm not quite sure if she knew what ship she was going to after vacation.  I agree with everyone - Priscilla is the best!

Yes, Priscilla is wonderful! She remembered us from a previous cruise.

We just left the Edge this morning after a wonderful b2b. 

6 hours ago, groryjm said:

Slightly concerned as we are in an RS on Shilouette in Aug. What where the misses? 

I guess everyone one’s experience is different. We were in a Celebrity Suite on Silhouette and just disembarked. My husband and I thought it was the best cruise in regards to the butler (Orlando) and the MCC (Vannessa). Our stateroom attendant was out of this world. Maybe it is the luck of the draw, but Orlando would make sure I had my caffeine free Diet Coke and Evian water every day, brought tons of apps every afternoon and make sure our laundry and pressing were done promptly.

We were on the Mariner of the Seas the week before in a suite and there was a big difference.

1 hour ago, PSU said:

I guess everyone one’s experience is different. We were in a Celebrity Suite on Silhouette and just disembarked. My husband and I thought it was the best cruise in regards to the butler (Orlando) and the MCC (Vannessa). Our stateroom attendant was out of this world. Maybe it is the luck of the draw, but Orlando would make sure I had my caffeine free Diet Coke and Evian water every day, brought tons of apps every afternoon and make sure our laundry and pressing were done promptly.

We were on the Mariner of the Seas the week before in a suite and there was a big difference.

This is great to hear.  We will be in a CS on Silhouette in April.  Hope the butler is the same as yours.  We loved the ship when we were last on it so good to hear your positive remarks.

8 hours ago, groryjm said:

Main food items on room service order missed, received 40 minutes later, no reminder card for specialty dining reservations 50% of the time, received a special invitation for a slot tournament but unfortunately put in room in at the evening turn down and event was that night so we missed out, server in LCG must have asked us if it was a 10 of 10 three different times (it was not)and a few other small items but again, small stuff. We were in a RS in Septemebr and it was fabulous. As others have said, guessing it can be somewhat hit or miss and quite honestly Celebrtiy is typically a hit. It think we likely had a butler miss. Sure you will enjoy your RS! 

For anyone who has been on Silhouette recently can you confirm if there is still a waiter in Luminae named Davut from Turkey?  He was so wonderful on our last cruise and said he was  moving to Silhouette on his next assignment.

On 3/3/2019 at 10:29 PM, Jim_Iain said:

In November we had John as a Butler.   One of the best we have had.   He was very quick to pick up on little things we liked and made sure we had them daily.

Think we've had John too. Loves music. Great guy!

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:59 AM, Gracie115 said:

For anyone who has been on Silhouette recently can you confirm if there is still a waiter in Luminae named Davut from Turkey?  He was so wonderful on our last cruise and said he was  moving to Silhouette on his next assignment.

We were on the Silhouette for 21 days in December and Davut from Ephesus, Turkey (who remembered us from a

previous cruise) took wonderful care of us each and every day.  He is a gem!  Please say hello to him for us the

next time you see him!  Mike and Mary

23 minutes ago, MikeMary4449 said:

We were on the Silhouette for 21 days in December and Davut from Ephesus, Turkey (who remembered us from a

previous cruise) took wonderful care of us each and every day.  He is a gem!  Please say hello to him for us the

next time you see him!  Mike and Mary

That's great to hear!  I hope he is still on in April for the TA.  He was the best waiter we've ever had in Luminae and we look forward to seeing him again!!  I will say hello for you for sure!

On 3/7/2019 at 5:59 AM, Gracie115 said:

We are on the Silhouette now and he is in Luminae. 

4 minutes ago, LynandBill said:

We are on the Silhouette now and he is in Luminae. 

Wonderful, please say hi to him from John & Jeanne (from the Eclipse TA last Spring) and that we'll see him in 5 weeks!!!!

Edited by Gracie115

2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Wonderful, please say hi to him from John & Jeanne (from the Eclipse TA last Spring) and that we'll see him in 5 weeks!!!!

We will see him in 1hr 25 minutes. I’ll definitely tell him! 

Everything has been amazing! On Embarkation day we arrived at the port at 9:50am . At 10:40 the Michaels Club Concierge (Vannessa) walked all Suite guest to Michaels Club. Nice touch! At 11:30 we were in Luminae for lunch. Vannessa is amazing! Our Butler Lorenzo is also amazing! We definitely lucked out with the two of them!!! Great cruise! 

12 hours ago, LynandBill said:

Good news, we told him you said hi, he remembered you. Bad news, he’s going on vacation after the next cruise. 

Oh, that's too bad, we really enjoyed talking with him, such a nice person and great asset to Luminae.  Hopefully we will run into him on some other cruise.  Thanks for saying "HI!" for us.

19 hours ago, LynandBill said:

Everything has been amazing! On Embarkation day we arrived at the port at 9:50am . At 10:40 the Michaels Club Concierge (Vannessa) walked all Suite guest to Michaels Club. Nice touch! At 11:30 we were in Luminae for lunch. Vannessa is amazing! Our Butler Lorenzo is also amazing! We definitely lucked out with the two of them!!! Great cruise! 

You are in good hands!  We were on the Silhouette for 21 days last December with Vannessa (MCC), Richard

(Suite Mgr), and Davut (Luminae Waiter).  All were top notch!  Please say hello to them for us.  Mike and Mary

On 3/1/2019 at 2:15 PM, Schmoe38 said:

We have, most certainly tipped the Suite Manager.

In December of 2017, we really wanted to take Sara, our MCC out to Murano one evening. In order to make that happen, our Suite Manager offered to cover the shift while we were out. We were very appreciative of that offer. 

You mean you took her out to dinner?  I did not know that a ship's employee was permitted to do that. 

Edited by st5310

50 minutes ago, st5310 said:

You mean you took her out to dinner?  I did not know that a ship's employee was permitted to do that. 

Certainly. We spoke with the Suite Manager before discussing with the MCC. The reservation at the specialty restaurant was near the end of her shift. The Suite Manager offered to make himself available to cover that portion of the shift.

Randy