Suite Manager

PSU

Has anyone tipped a suite manager? We are on the Silhouette and the suite manager resolved a problem for us.

By the way, Vanessa is the concierge and she has to be the best we ever had. It is funny how each ship is different in regard to what the concierge does. This is the first time any concierge walked you off when you are in a docked port. In the past, it was tendered ports.

Our Butler Orlando is also a gem.

12 minutes ago, PSU said:

Has anyone tipped a suite manager? We are on the Silhouette and the suite manager resolved a problem for us.

By the way, Vanessa is the concierge and she has to be the best we ever had. It is funny how each ship is different in regard to what the concierge does. This is the first time any concierge walked you off when you are in a docked port. In the past, it was tendered ports.

By Concierge, I'll assume you mean Michael's club Concierge.  To me, I wouldn't say each SHIP is different, it probably has more to do with the individual MCC or SM.  We've been on the Summit 3x.  The MCC ranged from excellent to virtually invisible.

19 minutes ago, PSU said:

PSU - We have tipped the suite manager, MC Concierge, and Butler in cash or a gift when he/she has provided

exceptional service.  Hope this helps.  Mike and Mary

We had our 1st experience with the Suites Manager on our Alaska cruise in 2017, right after the program started.  I think it was Denny who was newly promoted.  We saw him every day in Michaels Club.  After that meeting the Suites Manager was it or miss with no interaction on 3 Silhouette cruises. The Suites Manager on Reflection did get our 2 suite bottles of champagne sorted out for us and even recognized us when we walked passed her in the buffet.  We did not tip any of the SM.

I have on a number of trips tipped the MCC.   One that comes to mind was Priscilla, who went well above and beyond.   I'm sure that her attention to detail was the reason she was promoted to Suite Manager on Infinity.   She really deserves it.

We have, most certainly tipped the Suite Manager.

In December of 2017, we really wanted to take Sara, our MCC out to Murano one evening. In order to make that happen, our Suite Manager offered to cover the shift while we were out. We were very appreciative of that offer.

We had Priscilla as our Suite Manager on Summit in April 2018. We so appreciated her visibility and caring attitude. She was the perfect complement  to our MCC.

We had Richard as our Suite Manager on Silhouette this past November. He was probably the most visible of all Suite Managers, and to boot, he participated in some of our entertaining get togethers. He brought with him a professional business ethic, but more importantly, a much appreciated personal element.

We are very fortunate to have been able to cruise with these 3 special people.

We are more than happy to include Suite Managers in our tipping while on board.

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38

4 hours ago, PSU said:

I agree that Orlando is a gem.  Who is the Suite Manager on the Silhouette?

We were on the Silhouette on the January 20th cruise and I was Orlando’s first cruise since his holiday.  

We were never introduced to the Suite manager and I thought it was odd, but it was no big deal for us.  

11 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I agree that Orlando is a gem.  Who is the Suite Manager on the Silhouette?

We were on the Silhouette on the January 20th cruise and I was Orlando’s first cruise since his holiday.  

We were never introduced to the Suite manager and I thought it was odd, but it was no big deal for us.  

In November 2018 the Suites Manager was Richard. 

The suite manager is Sarah from Portugal and she has only been in her position a month. Thank you for all your replies. I think Vanessa set up our meeting with Sarah (we didn’t ask for it).

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

In November 2018 the Suites Manager was Richard. 

1 hour ago, PSU said:

The suite manager is Sarah from Portugal and she has only been in her position a month. Thank you for all your replies. I think Vanessa set up our meeting with Sarah (we didn’t ask for it).

Thank you.  I am guessing it was Richard in January.  

3 hours ago, PSU said:

Sara is the MCC we met on Eclipse in Dec 2017. She is well deserving of a Suite Manager role no matter which ship.

If Richard is the Suite Manager on board Silhouette, you are certainly in good hands.

ChicagoPaul has made mention of a “Priscilla” in the Retreat on Edge. We can only hope that it is, in fact, Priscilla Schmidt and that she will be on Edge when we board on November 15/19.

Fingers crossed.

Randy

2 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

Sara is the MCC we met on Eclipse in Dec 2017. She is well deserving of a Suite Manager role no matter which ship.

If Richard is the Suite Manager on board Silhouette, you are certainly in good hands.

ChicagoPaul has made mention of a “Priscilla” in the Retreat on Edge. We can only hope that it is, in fact, Priscilla Schmidt and that she will be on Edge when we board on November 15/19.

Fingers crossed.

Randy

Randy,

Priscilla Schmitt is indeed the Retreat Manager (different title on Edge!) on the Edge right now.  She's due for vacation soon.  I'm not quite sure if she knew what ship she was going to after vacation.  I agree with everyone - Priscilla is the best!

Does anyone know if Lucy is still with Celebrity.  She was one of the first MCCs back in late 2014 or early 15 when that position was first created.  We last saw her on the Constellation in Feb last year where she was the Suite Manager.  She went way above and beyond for us to get of the ship, through India immigration and to our independent tour in time to catch a plane.  Would love know where she is.

Shout out for Niko, suite manager on Infinity.  My wife and I sailed with her on Silli several times when she was MCC    We were thrilled when we heard she had received a well deserved promotion the Suite manager.   We have missed her on our last cruises and hope to sail with her again soon.

Edited by ZiggyGA
still can't spell

21 hours ago, PSU said:

Yes- we typically tip the Michael's club concierge.  We had a few wonderful concierge's who helped facilite is with many reserations and made our trip really special.  We also give our butler an extra tip.  The amounts vary, based on the services rendered.

On our last Edge cruise, we didn't tip the Concierge- their were two who did nothing for us- sat with their heads buried on their computers- never introduced themselves or offered any assistance.  This was the exception. However our butler on the edge was terrific and we tipped her.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I know this is very subjective but what sort of amount do you tip MCC and Suite Manager.  We don't book shore excursions or specialty restaurants with them but do generally enjoy chatting with them.  I've never considered tipping the Suite Manager given they are "management".   Bar staff I think I'm quite generous with as we always have wonderful service in MC.

Also on Silhouette right now and for the 1st time in 12 cruises with X we will struggle to tip anyone at the end of the cruise. We have tipped several servers/bartenders but outside of that many crew members have provided average service at best, not our typical X experience. Some crew members appear to be unhappy, never smiling at all. Overall small misses in our Suite but quite a few misses that have added up to a subpar experience for us, especially given the cost of the Suite Life. Vanessa has been very pleasant but we have not needed any assistance from her. Having that said, we are fortunate enough to be on a cruise and are always thankful to be able to take vacations! Just hoping our next booked X cruise has better overall service. 

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Yes- we typically tip the Michael's club concierge.  We had a few wonderful concierge's who helped facilite is with many reserations and made our trip really special.  We also give our butler an extra tip.  The amounts vary, based on the services rendered.

On our last Edge cruise, we didn't tip the Concierge- their were two who did nothing for us- sat with their heads buried on their computers- never introduced themselves or offered any assistance.  This was the exception. However our butler on the edge was terrific and we tipped her.

They are probably the same two who were on our Dec. 9th Cruise. Too bad they haven’t improved their socialization skills.

17 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

They are probably the same two who were on our Dec. 9th Cruise. Too bad they haven’t improved their socialization skills.

17 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

we were on New Years cruise.  However bar tender vinny on suite pool deck was excellent.  We gave him a tip