Carnival Vista S&S Card

LuckyStar

10 minutes ago, mapman_2004 said:

Ahh, ok, thanks!  What do people think of this change?  Can the cards be taken by someone else roaming the hallways?

There are ton of threads about this topic.

1.  They are not put into the mailboxes until the rooms are ready.

2.  When swiped, the terminal shows your photo.

3.  They are in tamper-proof envelopes.

4.  If they are missing or appear to have been tampered with, go to Guest Services and they will issue new ones and correct any fraudulent charges on your account.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mapman_2004 said:

Ahh, ok, thanks!  What do people think of this change?  Can the cards be taken by someone else roaming the hallways?

I guess I didn't really mind it when we sailed last April.  I didn't know it was a Carnival company policy and not a port/ship option.  I thought it was odd that anyone could have taken our keys.  They were just paper clipped to something near the door, it was not secure but I guess it would have been hard for anyone to get a copy of our S&S key.  I guess we're all so conditioned to be wary in the land world.  But I also thought it was cool that we didn't have to take a photo, they used our passport photo that was scanned into their system. 

3 hours ago, mapman_2004 said:

why would someone want a card with your picture embedded in it. 

3 hours ago, mapman_2004 said:

your photo is attached to your boarding pass is attached to your S&S card.

on bar purchases bartenders verify photo is of person using S&S or boarding pass (on embarkation till S&S cards are distributed and in use by guests).

worry less. enjoy more. it's your vacation!

Edited by CA_Cruzing

12 hours ago, mapman_2004 said:

Technically, yes.  Of course you would be the only one with a boarding pass for that room, so just go to Guest Services and have it fixed.  Until you actually drop off your personal items, there's nothing to be stolen from the room.  I'm sure there are a few folks on every ship that accidentally go to the wrong cabin.

3 hours ago, Llamabear said:

Haven't cruised with this new system yet, but I sail next month. If you have FTTF, do they have your S&S cards ready with the room, or do they do them the same time as everyone else's?

For passengers with some kind of priority, including FTTF, the keys are available when you board the ship.  For the rest of the passengers, they are available at 1:30 PM. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aplmac said:

What I'd like to know is..

what was wrong or broken with the previous system

of handing them to you at check-in?

Can anyone explain why this change became necessary?

What were the flaws?

Reduced workload shore-side. Faster boarding process. Reduces congestion as people check in land side pre cruise. Makes for easier boarding with defined groups and staying on time with those groups. 

IMO pre cruise and boarding is now faster and more efficient AND less stressful. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Aplmac said:

What I'd like to know is..

what was wrong or broken with the previous system

of handing them to you at check-in?

Can anyone explain why this change became necessary?

What were the flaws?

The first cruise I talked my husband into going with me on was a prime example of the old system being broken. We had FTTF to help speed the process faster for him since I wanted him to have a great time.  Well we check in and they could not find the keys, it took over and hour because she kept looking here and there and then back here. Finally I asked if they could just make new keys, after more looking she did.  Great we get up to the ship and yep.....dong keys didn’t work. So another 15 or so minutes for them to fill out paperwork.  

Get in on the ship, go to guest services and they can do nothing until later.  So no ordering drinks, going to room until close to sail away.  

So so for me the new process is much better. Yes that was the first time that had happened, it was my 4th cruise, but it did not help start the trip off in the best light for my DH who was a first time cruiser.  

I guess they have it all figured out.... But, I was looking at a video today from carnival, and they were testing out a medallion to wear in place of a S&S card, said it would roll out in 2017 on certain ships... I think they were a little TOO Excited about that, since all the ships would have to be retrofitted with new electronics.

• Like 1