1st Night Blu Menu Equinox

helen haywood

52 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

was extremely surprised to have the hostess tell me that I could order anything off the MDR menu.  It sounds like this changes from ship to ship and even sailing to sailing.  If they don’t want you to order off the MDR menu then she shouldn’t have told me anyone in Blu could; it’s very likely I’ll pass that along.

I was surprised too, when the waiter said we could order from the MDR menu.  He brought over a menu holder with a MDR sticker label on the front.  I knew the MDR kitchen was on a separate floor from Blu on Equinox, but they clearly wanted to keep us happy, and if we werent going to be happy with the Blu menu,  they would be accommodating.  That's basically it.  They want to keep people happy so they'll usually do what it takes.  (We didn't order from the MDR menu, because we didn't want to be a burden.).  

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

That was what I had surmised from Cruise Critic before we sailed.  I don’t want to ask for something that is going to create a problem.  So I was extremely surprised to have the hostess tell me that I could order anything off the MDR menu.  It sounds like this changes from ship to ship and even sailing to sailing.  If they don’t want you to order off the MDR menu then she shouldn’t have told me anyone in Blu could; it’s very likely I’ll pass that along.

On our recent sailing, there were no offers of entrees from the MDR.  We were  only able to get the "everyday" menu items.   For a couple of dinners, we went to the buffet and had a great meal.  Relaxing meals. And better options for us than in Blu limited menu.

I agree that it may depend on the sailing....and management. 

On 4/4/2019 at 2:17 PM, helen haywood said:

That was what I had surmised from Cruise Critic before we sailed.  I don’t want to ask for something that is going to create a problem.  So I was extremely surprised to have the hostess tell me that I could order anything off the MDR menu.  It sounds like this changes from ship to ship and even sailing to sailing.  If they don’t want you to order off the MDR menu then she shouldn’t have told me anyone in Blu could; it’s very likely I’ll pass that along.

It would be really nice if X would let AQ/Blu assigned people get seated in the MDR under the AnyTime option, if space is available. Much like the suites can use Blu if space if available. The only complaint I've ever heard about Blu (and what keeps us away) is the limited menu and not being able to count on ordering from the MDR.

My understanding is requested process for Blu guest to eat in Select dining is to check in with the Blu maitre d who will call to Select dining and arrange for you to eat there that night.  I believe that your dining tips for that day get transferred.

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

My understanding is requested process for Blu guest to eat in Select dining is to check in with the Blu maitre d who will call to Select dining and arrange for you to eat there that night.  I believe that your dining tips for that day get transferred.

When we've desired to eat in the MDR while sailing in Aqua class we've just made a Select dining reservation by picking up the phone, or we've just shown up at the Select dining entrance of the MDR. We've never involved the Blu maitre d ANF we've never had a problem.