Emerald Princess USB ports on Lights by the bed?

dstables

We were recently on the Sun and Sea Princess and both ships had USB on the lamps by the side of the bed which were very convenient. Does anyone know if the Emerald Princess now has them?  I u derstand this is something that Princess is adding to their ships. Thanks. 

24 minutes ago, dstables said:

We were recently on the Sun and Sea Princess and both ships had USB on the lamps by the side of the bed which were very convenient. Does anyone know if the Emerald Princess now has them?  I u derstand this is something that Princess is adding to their ships. Thanks. 

Emerald does not have them at this time. Whether they'll be added during the upcoming drydock remains to be seen. Ask again after mid-April.

Have never seen USB ports on a Princess ship. Perhaps the new builds will have them but... As for ports on the lamps by the bed, there aren't even electrical plugs. The outlets are all on the desk area.

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Have never seen USB ports on a Princess ship. Perhaps the new builds will have them but... As for ports on the lamps by the bed, there aren't even electrical plugs. The outlets are all on the desk area.

This seems to be something that is being added to the ships during dry docks. We sailed the Sun Princess two years ago and they did not have them. Just sailed this past January on the  Sun and Sea and both ships had them. It appears they have changed out the lamps at the side of the beds and the new ones have USB ports on them. As I said very convenient. I know the Emerald is gong in soon so hopefully this is something that will be added to the Emerald. I will check back after the dry dock. We aren’t sailing till February 2020. 

The CB undertook an extensive dry dock in 2017 and no USB ports were added to the lights near the beds.  It is scheduled next month for an extensive dry dock to fix their propulsion problems by switching out the defective generator.  I was on the Emerald the first part of last year and the USB ports did not exist anywhere in the cabin.  I brought my own USB 5 port hub which worked nicely and kept it on the desk along with the clock radio and laptop computer with enough room left over for my wine glass.  

45 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We had them on the Star in Sept. Didn't have them on the Ruby last month.

There's a problem with the USB lamps...the base is bigger leaving little room for much of anything else.

wow - I'm just so glad that we are not so "wired" that having a usb port in a lamp to recharge our devices

which in our case is my phone - which is mainly in the safe, and her phone and mini ...

wow ..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

We had them on the Star in Sept. Didn't have them on the Ruby last month.

There's a problem with the USB lamps...the base is bigger leaving little room for much of anything else.

D'Oh! There was already very little room on the night stand with the old lamps.

We cruised on the Pacific Princess May 2018 through July 2018. The bedside lamps had USB outlets, probably installed during the previous dry dock which extensively refurbished the cabins. The lamps didn't seem any larger than before, still plenty of room on the table.

Edited by beg3yrs