Back to Back question

Straughn

I am going my first B2B cruise later this month on Infinity. Are you allowed access to your cabin on turn around day morning or do you have to vacate after breakfast. Since I have the same Aqua class cabin for both cruises, I know my things remain in the cabin. What about me?

Thanks.

You will get a complete list of instructions regarding turnaround day procedures a few days before the end of the first cruise.  You may have to leave the ship and then return to it in order to get your new sea pass card, or you may get it the last night of the first cruise.  Remember that your on-board account does not carry over, nor do your internet minutes.  Each cruise is separate.

• Like 1

Since the turnaround day is in a US port, Ft. Lauderdale, you will have to exit the ship. After everyone has departed you will be allowed back on board (you should be given a pass that will allow you to bypass the arriving passenger check-in lines.) 

We did a B2B in the Equinox in December.  We had access to our cabin after we rebounded the ship.  We were told to just push open the sea doors.  When asked be anyone, we just told them we were B2B cruisers.

Rollie

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rollie said:

We did a B2B in the Equinox in December.  We had access to our cabin after we rebounded the ship.  We were told to just push open the sea doors.  When asked be anyone, we just told them we were B2B cruisers.

Rollie

I think that is one of the unknown secrets of cruising...anybody could do that (to drop off items when boarding).  I suppose it is frowned upon if too many people did it...we have found that getting late checkout from hotel and arriving after rooms are ready is a much easier way to start our cruises (we used want to be first on board, but it is just to chaotic)

31 minutes ago, dodger1964 said:

I think that is one of the unknown secrets of cruising...anybody could do that (to drop off items when boarding).  I suppose it is frowned upon if too many people did it...we have found that getting late checkout from hotel and arriving after rooms are ready is a much easier way to start our cruises (we used want to be first on board, but it is just to chaotic)

Actually, it is frowned upon if anyone does it.  It simply is not fair to the housekeeping staff if 1 (or 201) pax access their cabins before they are scheduled to be ready.  We've watched people (embarking pax dragging heavy carryons) yank open the doors and when others saw it, they followed en masse.  Then it becomes like herding cats because they often don't know where their cabin is and wander aimlessly.

Edited by ECCruise

44 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Actually, it is frowned upon if anyone does it.  It simply is not fair to the housekeeping staff if 1 (or 201) pax access their cabins before they are scheduled to be ready.  We've watched people (embarking pax dragging heavy carryons) yank open the doors and when others saw it, they followed en masse.  Then it becomes like herding cats because they often don't know where their cabin is and wander aimlessly.

you mean anyone that isn't a b2b? I know they tell (at least the people I personally know) b2b'ers that they can and should feel free to do it.

23 minutes ago, dodger1964 said:

you mean anyone that isn't a b2b? I know they tell (at least the people I personally know) b2b'ers that they can and should feel free to do it.

Yes.  That's why I said embarking pax. If you are B2B, they are fine with you going to your room.  We've done lots of B2Bs and watch frustrated stewards dealing with pax just getting on the ship, wandering behind the closed doors and entering rooms that are not ready for occupancy.

When I do back to back I simply plan to bring a book and wait until the fire doors are open to access the room.  I don't need to rush to unpack, really don't need to be in the room at all until 1 or 1:30 when they announce that the rooms are ready.  That way I don't need to try to explain why I am going through the closed fire doors.

Yes.  You will be able to disembark whenever you wish in the morning.  You will receive a transit pass which will allow you to skip the checkin lines when you return to the ship.  You do still have to go through security, though.  On your return to theship you will get a new photo taken and thats all.  You never really check in to the new cruise the way you did for the first cruise. As a consecutive cruiser they already have all your information on file

Edited by WestLakeGirl