Azamara Quest update

Tom47

18 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I also wondered if the showers would be bigger and therefore possibly cubicles with doors rather than the shower curtain.

Unfortunately, no way to do that in 1 week.  It can be done, though.  Oceania just replaced the curtains on Insignia with glass doors (albeit on a longer dry dock).

54 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Unfortunately, no way to do that in 1 week.  It can be done, though.  Oceania just replaced the curtains on Insignia with glass doors (albeit on a longer dry dock).

Azamara have never indicated that they have any plans to do this anytime soon.

I understood during the Pursuit refit they tested a prototype but rejected it on safety grounds as it would have been virtually impossible to extricate a guest in an emergency situation 

I really missed the Sunset bar whilst on Pursuit recently.

often we would have a pre dinner drink and nibbles there and miss a course out in the main dining room. Loved watching the wake as we sipped a cocktail!

This should take you to the email that was sent yesterday. If not, I'll try to copy it for you.

https://view.email.azamaraclubcruises.com/qs=8575f06761b15d8bde1ed24c70a4efc42bf7bd74eaed84e67038a78c5a4a982b7a0e237edfe7c2067c07a7f4042c5f8e0686e99cdab1e146780283503ddff05a8e8e2e9b67771d00a5b498cb888f9bca8347363a4fadb5c2

Re. Sunset Bar, no, it is not being removed! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure Bonnie can confirm, but my info is that Journey will go through the same process during her drydock. This will happen later in 2020. There are two separate weeks in September/October I see as out of the calendar when she is in the Med and guessing one is a charter and one is for dry dock. In Cadiz perhaps?

Phil 

16 minutes ago, stevenr597 said:

Will the Azamara Journey also be going into drydock and have similar changes?

Yes the Journey will go into dry dock. All our ships are maintained according to the international treaties for maritime safety which require dry docking twice within every five years. And, yes I am sure the Journey will receive the same changes as the Quest...who knows, maybe more by the time she is scheduled for her makeover. We are always striving to improve and stay current.

16 hours ago, uktog said:

I have resent an email  to the address Bonnie posted  in response to my posts. Not made any difference yet, it’s the second time I’ve done it, Nicole put it right many times, Sandra tried in August, Patty in November so I doubt it’s a simple fix. However currently Celebrity email me offers almost daily - this started suddenly about a month ago absolutely no idea what’s triggered this 

Patty, our senior LCV ambassador is looking into this for you. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the responses re the addition of 6 OV cabins on deck 4. When I booked a few weeks ago they did not show on the deck plans but  I looked  today and they are there numbered from 4060 to 4070.