Reflection March 11th 2019 - Live! 🍸😎

MR_T

3 hours ago, Beachlover1989 said:

Hi MR_T!  Do you (or anyone else reading this) know how much the Chef's Table cost?  We're trying to decide if it might be worth it when we're on the Reflection in September for our 30th anniversary.  Also, if anyone has done it, do you think it's worth it?  Thank you in advance!  Lisa

I’ll ask later today 👍🏼 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Josie2 said:

Mr T, am really enjoying your review.  We were on Reflection in November and are booked for July 2919 to Scandinavia, and March 2020 Caribbean as well.  As a non US citizen I’d be interested to have you post about disembarkation in Port Everglades when that sad day arrives.  I have read several reports of chaos for non US citizens, even for the walk off crowd.  

Thanks for taking  us along.  

I sure will, I do have global entry but may still get stuck in line as Julie doesn’t have any priority entry, saying that we will be getting a nexus card for Julie when we get back to Canada so we’ll be good to go from the next trip 👍🏼 

So we got back from our tour around an hour ago, I must say it’s a very interesting city and full of culture, bright colours & plenty of interesting people watching opportunities, 

Tour details -

Tour company - Tour in Cartagena 

Tour name - Highlights in Cartagena 

website - http://www.tourincartagena.com/

Tour Guild/Owner - Marelvy Peña-Hall 

Tour Legnth - a little over 4 hours 

Tour Price - $65pp for a party of 10

Tour Transport - we had a 22+ seats van with A/C and was very comfortable 

Review - As neither of us have been to Cartagena before we opted for this tour as it soundered interesting and the tour guild had good reviews, we really didn’t have any info of the country or city so wanted to get a bit of knowledge from a local, Marelvy is from Cartagena so who better to have as a guild, 

We started off with being driven up to a high view point for panoramic views over the city & port, and from there we drove around stopping at various points of the city where we got out of the van for a short walk around where Marelvy pointed out historical sites/info points and stuff of interest, throughout the tour I must say Marelvy was very interesting and had all the answers to any questions we had thought the tour

the tour ended back at the port, however the port it’s self is very interesting as they have Parrots/Monkeys/Ant eaters & Peacocks... maybe others as we could have missed something, 

Below are a few pictures from the tour of various stops around the city, 

Any questions please let me know 👍🏼 

4 hours ago, bkbarrym said:

You may want to consider applying for NEXUS. This will allow you to go through Global Entry line. Also gives you TSA pre check. Good for 5 years.

I have a Nexus card.  Have never seen a separate line for this at the port, only the airport.  This change I’ve read of is quite recent, as we cruised in November in Reflection and were fine.  Since then and perhaps related to the shutdown, I’ve heard all US citizens are off first.  Everyone else waits    So I’ll be interested in Mr Ts input.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bkbarrym said:

You may want to consider applying for NEXUS. This will allow you to go through Global Entry line. Also gives you TSA pre check. Good for 5 years.

I have a Nexus card.  Have never seen a separate line for this at the port, only the airport.  This change I’ve read of is quite recent, as we cruised in November in Reflection and were fine.  Since then and perhaps related to the shutdown, I’ve heard all US citizens are off first.  Everyone else waits    So I’ll be interested in Mr Ts input.  

Edited by Josie2
Delete duplicate.

So we are now stitting up on the lawn listening to Charlotte (solo artist from wales) enjoying a glass of bubbles before dinner @ the lawn club grill 😎🥂😋 

I’d say the live music on the ship has been very good 👍🏼 

0669B8AA-0474-4DD5-B3ED-49E6C4108F6E.jpeg

210DEC19-D81E-4926-A4D7-2AB7E213BB28.jpeg

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, MR_T said:

So we are now stitting up on the lawn listening to Charlotte (solo artist from wales) enjoying a glass of bubbles before dinner @ the lawn club grill 😎🥂😋 

I’d say the live music on the ship has been very good 👍🏼 

0669B8AA-0474-4DD5-B3ED-49E6C4108F6E.jpeg

210DEC19-D81E-4926-A4D7-2AB7E213BB28.jpeg

Beautiful relaxed looking picture. Love following your blogs.  We won't be on the Reflection till October for our first B2B Lisbon to Ft. Lauderdale.  Right now we are getting ready for our SA cruise next week on the Eclipse.

I am pretty sure we met you guys on the Eclipse from Southampton in 2011 ?.

Mr. T:   do you think you could find out if any of the Senior Officers will change at the end of the month.   Wondering who the Captain, HD and GRM will be.  Any info you can obtain would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Josie2 said:

For our December cruise out of Miami. There was a separate Global Entry line (no kiosk) where we showed our nexus card and passport to the officer. Believe the same for Fort Lauderdale. Mr.T will confirm.

Edited by bkbarrym
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, bkbarrym said:

For our December cruise out of Miami. There was a separate Global Entry line (no kiosk) where we showed our nexus card and passport to the officer. Believe the same for Fort Lauderdale. Mr.T will confirm.

Yes, there is, we had the same in November at Fort Lauderdale and walked right through.

Hi All, 

So tonight we ate at The Lawn Club Grill and I must say it was very good, we both really enjoyed what we had and finished every last tasty bite from the flat bread to the apple crumble 😋

between the 2 of us we had a flat bread, the fillet minion, chicken kebab, shrimp & scallop kebab, vegetable kebab & lamb cutlets and everything was cooked perfectly as we requested, and of course I had the apple crumble to finish up 🐷😋😂

We also had a great waiter to top the night off! This place is always our favourites place onboard and we are looking forward to spending our last evening there, 

We’d definitely recommend this place for anyone looking at the specialities 👍🏻

1 hour ago, MR_T said:

Hi All, 

So tonight we ate at The Lawn Club Grill and I must say it was very good, we both really enjoyed what we had and finished every last tasty bite from the flat bread to the apple crumble 😋

between the 2 of us we had a flat bread, the fillet minion, chicken kebab, shrimp & scallop kebab, vegetable kebab & lamb cutlets and everything was cooked perfectly as we requested, and of course I had the apple crumble to finish up 🐷😋😂

We also had a great waiter to top the night off! This place is always our favourites place onboard and we are looking forward to spending our last evening there, 

We’d definitely recommend this place for anyone looking at the specialities 👍🏻

Great post!   We will be dining there in a few weeks!

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 5:31 PM, MR_T said:

Hi Neil, good to see you pop up, hope you are well... when’s you’re next cruise?

I’ll try to have a sneak peek when it’s quiet outside 😜 I’ll also ask the cabin dude/dudess when I see them. 

We are in 6221 on Norwegian Fjord cruise and wondering about the balcony door for that cabin

We were on Reflection in Feb. Different itinerary (Cayman/Columbia and ABC Islands). Interesting to hear your experiences aboard the ship. Love the layout of Reflection! Our next Celebrity (and Reflection) cruise is May 2020 - Ireland, England, Scotland. Can't come soon enough! 🙂  Looking forward to "traveling" with you for the remainder of your adventures!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IrishLassie said:

Mr. T  -  How much is the Lawn Club for dinner?  Also, any sign of "Taz" ?  Thanks for any info.

Hi, 

I did adk about Taz and he’s still on edge, as for how long they didn’t know, 

Regarding the lawn lawn club grill we booked as part of a package but on its own it’s $45 USD, 

4 hours ago, wishuponasea said:

We were on Reflection in Feb. Different itinerary (Cayman/Columbia and ABC Islands). Interesting to hear your experiences aboard the ship. Love the layout of Reflection! Our next Celebrity (and Reflection) cruise is May 2020 - Ireland, England, Scotland. Can't come soon enough! 🙂  Looking forward to "traveling" with you for the remainder of your adventures!

We are doing the other 11 night itinerary next January so really looking forward to that one already 👍🏼 

• Like 1