Reflection March 11th 2019 - Live! 🍸😎

MR_T

Hi All, 

staffing levels??? 

Right, here goes the second negative of the cruise so far... 

firstly I just like to say we are having a fun time and enjoying the cruise, we are not the sort of people that like to complain about or comment on a stuff just for the sake of it, personally having worked in the food/hospitality industry for quite sometime I feel I know when it’s right to say something or not, 

now back to to the point of the post, I’ve read a lot of post regarding the ships being somewhat understaffed etc in the food/drink venues and to be honest I’ve not really noticed it having an impact on our cruise experience in the past, however on this cruise it is very easy to see theres a noticeable difference in staffing levels, 

We were also discussing whether a lot of pax having the drink packages might also have become a factor in this new system, I mean if there’s less people offering drinks around the pool & bars and less staff behind the bars to serve drinks surely over all celebrity are saving not only on wages but drink supplies 🤔 

not once today did we see anyone come around while we were at the pool, also only 3 bar staff at the passport bar tonight & no roaming waiters, and also in the buffet during 3 visits today we only saw 1 bar staff walking around... this is all a massive change since our last  celebrity cruise last May, 

tonight we went to the sky bar to watch the karaoke and we sat there for 20 mins and nothing, yes we could go to the bar and often we do but that’s not really what we have come to expect from celebrity and I’m only mentioning it because it’s become a talking issue lately on cruise critic, 

Anyway, as mentioned it’s not going to stop us enjoying the cruise but just felt it was only fare to say what we’ve found on this cruise so far as I said it’s in the news so to speak! 

2 hours ago, MR_T said:

We were also discussing whether a lot of pax having the drink packages might also have become a factor in this new system, I mean if there’s less people offering drinks around the pool & bars and less staff behind the bars to serve drinks surely over all celebrity are saving not only on wages but drink supplies 🤔 

not once today did we see anyone come around while we were at the pool, also only 3 bar staff at the passport bar tonight & no roaming waiters, and also in the buffet during 3 visits today we only saw 1 bar staff walking around... this is all a massive change since our last  celebrity cruise last May, 

There is no doubt that it is due to the drink packages.  The more difficult they make it to get a drink the more inventory they protect.  I started cruising when drink packages were scare and they would be selling like mad around the pool etc....

• Like 1

Last February on the Reflection we noticed a decrease in staffing especially at the various bars, oceanview cafe etc. On the Equinox last June we saw a vast improvement in bar service. This year having been on The Silhouette in January and February it was completely wonderful. We never had a problem getting a drink or seeing the many roaming waiters offering to serve you. We commented various times on what a difference it made. We thought Celebrity was listening to the complaints and had made the adjustments. Now I am wondering if this is just a  problem on The  Reflection ...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nymich said:

There is no doubt that it is due to the drink packages.  The more difficult they make it to get a drink the more inventory they protect.  I started cruising when drink packages were scare and they would be selling like mad around the pool etc....

Yes sadly I feel it is exactly that, I guess it’s a business but when we started cruising (only 7 years ago) one of the big things was the crew to pax ratio, now I think it’s pretty much the same as any other line and it’s noticeable 🙁 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mari10 said:

Last February on the Reflection we noticed a decrease in staffing especially at the various bars, oceanview cafe etc. On the Equinox last June we saw a vast improvement in bar service. This year having been on The Silhouette in January and February it was completely wonderful. We never had a problem getting a drink or seeing the many roaming waiters offering to serve you. We commented various times on what a difference it made. We thought Celebrity was listening to the complaints and had made the adjustments. Now I am wondering if this is just a  problem on The  Reflection ...

Interesting, I guess only time will tell 👍🏼

Hi All, 

so so last night we skipped the dining room and opted to go for a late afternoon snack and then a late ish snack from the buffet as the main menu wasn’t inspiring and didn’t want to change another speciality restaurant, so can’t really comment on the dining room food, 

i would say what we noticed regarding the dress code wasn’t really that different from the previous chic might but maybe that was our venue choices... as I said we didn’t do the dining room!

Hi All, 

The Show - Broken Strings 

last night we we decided to try the main show, generally we are not show people but just thought as we wasn’t going to the dining room we had the time to give it a go... 

We really enjoyed it and would recommend people go to see it if you like singing/dancing shows, in the main all the different singers were good and the dancing was energetic to say the least, I got tired watching it 😂

I’ll post a couple of clips below in case anyone wants to watch them, I’ll post them separately with the time/length so you can decide if you want to watch 👍🏼

• Like 1

Thursday 14th March 2019 - Dailies & info

So today is a sea day and we decided we’d try the solstice deck for some peace & quiet, 

I left the cabin a little later than planned as we  we it wouldn’t be as busy up there compared to the pool, I did notice on my walk up that the pool deck wasn’t as busy as I thought it would be around 7.30am, I was expecting to see more towels on beds by that time... it is very windy today but still the sun is out and feeling hot already ☀️😎👍🏼

I guess we’ll be here for most of the morning so other than a couple of pictures I’ll chat later 😊

E66BB676-73D1-437F-ABD2-90DDAFD10693.jpeg

69B19722-E8BA-401E-82A4-B2E100AE0B48.jpeg

37C9B8D8-AC64-41A0-845E-B168F77A67F7.jpeg

9B025203-BAC3-4EF0-AF79-CAF091BEABE6.jpeg

26 minutes ago, MR_T said:

Hi All, 

so so last night we skipped the dining room and opted to go for a late afternoon snack and then a late ish snack from the buffet as the main menu wasn’t inspiring and didn’t want to change another speciality restaurant, so can’t really comment on the dining room food, 

i would say what we noticed regarding the dress code wasn’t really that different from the previous chic might but maybe that was our venue choices... as I said we didn’t do the dining room!

Good morning! We’ve never sailed celebrity before so wondered if you could give a review of buffet options last night. Of course I’m assuming they are similar to the other lines but since we board the day you return thought it would be interesting to hear. Specifically, do you notice any vegan options (tofu or "meatless") other than the usual Indian selection? Thanks for the reply and enjoy the rest of your trip!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nunk said:

Also- can you post a gym picture or two if possible? 🙂💪🏼

There’s a gym... 😱😜😂 

I’ll swing by at some point 👍🏼

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, nunk said:

Good morning! We’ve never sailed celebrity before so wondered if you could give a review of buffet options last night. Of course I’m assuming they are similar to the other lines but since we board the day you return thought it would be interesting to hear. Specifically, do you notice any vegan options (tofu or "meatless") other than the usual Indian selection? Thanks for the reply and enjoy the rest of your trip!

Being a meat eater I didn’t notice but I’ll look next time, I know they have a stir-fry section where you pick what you want in it, also there’s a pasta station that has various pastas/sauces available, I’m sure at least a couple are veggie... plus freshly made pizza,  I’ll confirm a little more later in the cruise though 👍🏼

Edited by MR_T
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MR_T said:

There’s a gym... 😱😜😂 

I’ll swing by at some point 👍🏼

Great post....

I always tell folks who are going on a new cruise ship that one of the first things they should do is to walk around the ship, get to know where things are and, most important, to find the gym to assure that they never accidentally pass it again.

• Haha 2

Just found this and have enjoyed reading the comments.  We will be on Reflection on a similar itinerary, also called Ultimate Caribbean, in mid-November.  This is the one S class I haven't been on so I am interested in following along with your observations.  I admit I don't read all the postings of the daily schedules as I like to be surprised.  But it is great that I can actually read those of yours that I select, many posted by other people are too blurry.

Keep it up.  I will follow. Thanks

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gfkcruiser said:

While reviewing the daily, I see Hal Timberg is guest speaker.  Enjoyed his talks a few years ago. Did not know he was back on  Celebrity. 

What does Hal speak about?

Hmmm, I see prices went up on the Bulleit Infusion to 20, Haven't sailed in a few years and was 15 and paid 2 or 3 extra plus  tax.  So now with Premium I pay 5 plus tax.  Will have to think this out and just go to martini bar more.   

• Like 1