First night discounted specialty restaurant

DC1979

Hello! Newbie to Celebrity here, all. My previous cruises have been with Holland America.  I have booked a 7 day cruise on the Equinox in a sky suite.  I noticed that they are offering discounted dinner the first night at Murano and the Tuscan Grill.  I was thinking of booking at Murano.  I just wanted to know if there is any difference in the menu offered on the first night versus any other night? Also, would I be missing out of anything special if I don’t dine at the Lumiae restaurant on the first night? It looks like the food at the Lumiae is pretty good, but I did want to try Murano and Tuscan Grill once.  I have poked around the forum here and it looks like it would be better to book the second reservation on board as they may offer further discounts compared to the online price, but the first night discount seemed decent enough to me.   Also anything else I should know? Thanks in advance for your responses!!

So, several questions here.

First, the menu at Murano does not change.

I don’t know if Luminae does anything “not to miss” first night.

Murano is the best restaurant in my opinion, and the hardest to get discounts during the cruise, so my advice is try it the first night.

Tuscan is “just ok” never been really impressed with anything but the view. The view is Gorgeous but thats not enough in my opinion, so I’d dine in Luminae before Tuscan

• Like 1

Murano’s has the best food but there is something very special about Tuscan on the first night of a cruise as it has fantastic wake views...We always dine first night in Tuscan and as the lights of the port fade into the distance the cares of the real world drift away and we switch into vacation mode....

We dine in both during our cruises. Murano’s we find best enjoyed on sea days when you are fresh and relaxed and can enjoy a longer dining experience.

The menu in Murano doesn't change. We usually go there the first night to avoid the first night in the dining venues where everyone is getting acclimated to the ship, table arrangements, staff etc. We no longer bother with Tuscan because we're not impressed with anything other than the views there. We find it's neither a true Italian restaurant, nor a true steakhouse and is overpriced for what it is even with a discount. Others love it. Food is so subjective. 

We have  not impressed with Tuscan Grill other than the view.  Menu has changed.  Not going back.

Murano will have the same menu each night but you will  probably only get a good discount on the first night.  The chateaubriand will  probably be  the best meal on the ship.  No view though.

To me the issue to consider is whether you feel as if being away from your assigned dining room (Luminae) on the first night means you don't get recognized by the staff as soon as others do.  You can mitigate this by getting on the ship in time to have lunch at Luminae on the first day.  On our first cruise in a Sky Suite, we were traveling with 2 other couples.  One was also in a suite, and one was not.  So on the first night we went to the main dining room as a group of 6.  That was a bit of a disaster as the staff seemed not to have their acts together on the first night.  But in the process we did miss our first dinner in Luminae.  In hindsight, I don't think it detracted from our cruise.  Luminae is a small enough venue that we still got to have excellent rapport with the staff despite missing that first night, and missing another night later when we went to Silk Harvest. 

On our next cruise in May (Reflection) we were not tempted by first night specials in Murano and Tuscan Grill, but if they had a first night special for Le Petit Chef (which they don't), we would use that as our excuse to sign up.  If you plan to try Murano or Tuscan during your cruise, why not try one of them with a discount?

Tom & Judy

Thanks for the replies everyone!  Unfortunately when I went to purchase dinner for the first night, after selecting the names of the passengers, it said that the selection was not available.  I will keep looking, I have a while to go before sailing so maybe it will be available closer to the sail date!  Thanks again!! 

15 hours ago, DC1979 said:

Thanks for the replies everyone!  Unfortunately when I went to purchase dinner for the first night, after selecting the names of the passengers, it said that the selection was not available.  I will keep looking, I have a while to go before sailing so maybe it will be available closer to the sail date!  Thanks again!! 

Try giving Captain's Club a call.   They can probably waitlist you.

I've never seen the discount not offered on the ship as they try to fill it.