Water slides on Alaska cruise

geovet

I took the first cruise of the season on a Princess ship (what a bargain $286 DO 😮) and it was so friggin' cold I don't think anyone went outside EVER. I'm sure it would be different later on when the weather is a little more agreeable, however. Be sure and take the Glacier Bay itinerary . . . almost spiritual, the warmest part of the cruise, setting at the terminus with glaciers calving, they served hot cocoa and the sun came out for a few hours. Enjoy your Alaskan cruise.:classic_smile:

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:50 PM, geovet said:

I will be cursing on the Legend September this year.Will they have the water slides open?

thanks

Yep...we were on in August and every day they were open.   I never saw anyone use them after the 1st day, but the poor lifeguards had to stand there in the freezing cold the whole time they were open. 

46 minutes ago, bingomamma19 said:

Yep...we were on in August and every day they were open.   I never saw anyone use them after the 1st day, but the poor lifeguards had to stand there in the freezing cold the whole time they were open. 

Pool monitors, not lifeguards

• 5 weeks later...

I was on the Legend this past July and they were open but I didn't see anyone using them (surprising because embarkation day was warm for Seattle standards). From there it got considerably cooler and in some areas, a bit windy.

I don't think the slides will be open, but - if you are coming from FL...you'll definitely think it's too cold for swimming of any kind LOL. 

Alaska is gorgeous though! You'll be too busy enjoying the amazing scenery to care 🙂

I was on the first cruise out of Seattle in May 2017 on the Legend.  The slides were open every day, but I didn't see anyone use them.  I would have used them, but at the time I didn't own a swimsuit that fit properly and covered everything that needed to be covered.

I have lived in Louisiana since August 2004(minus 10 months in another state), but I didn't grow up here.  I was born in the winter, and all of the other states I have lived in got snow every year.  I don't even think about potentially putting a jacket on until temperatures get into the 40s.  The weather on that cruise was gloriously cool.  I only put a jacket on when it rained in Ketchikan and Victoria.  I was otherwise just in a t-shirt and jeans like I am year-round.  Louisiana summers suck, and real winters rarely exist in Louisiana.  I would gladly jump right into cold ocean water any time of year.

Edited by Tiger0613

On 3/10/2019 at 11:13 PM, glrounds said:

Be sure and take the Glacier Bay itinerary . . . almost spiritual, the warmest part of the cruise, setting at the terminus with glaciers calving, they served hot cocoa and the sun came out for a few hours. Enjoy your Alaskan cruise.:classic_smile:

I am not seeing any Carnival cruises that list Glacier Bay for 2020 (I do see a Sept 2019), are they discontinuing that "stop" or do they just list it differently?