Concierge guest access to canyon ranch terrace deck

laserboi

13 minutes ago, laserboi said:

Hi All

Can anyone tell us what the terrace deck is like? Apparently concierge guests receive free access, I'm wondering if it's small and if anyone has had experience with it on Riviera?
Thanks

There are quite a few loungers out there, including doubles.

Plus there is what was for us a wonderful "therapy" pool.  It's much bigger than a hot tub (and mostly rectangular, including one side where there is a sort of place to sit while partly submerged (but I found I kept floating up if the jets were on, so it didn't quite "work"), and, importantly especially for me, it's nice and warm.

We tend to head there a few times, and never went to the "real" pool.

It's at the very front of the ship, so even though there is what appears to be a clear wind shield, it could still get quite windy there when under way.  And there's no serious shade there.  It would have been nice if part of the area was under a permanent canopy of some sort.

We'll next be on Marina, which is similar, except instead of that large therapy pool, there appear to be two rather small hot tubs.

Gc

We found the terrace deck to be a wonderful retreat, a very invigorating therapy pool, lounge chairs with Bimini shades, and a great place to escape noises.  We took advantage of it several times on our Riviera cruise last fall.  It is probably my favorite of the concierge perks.

• Like 1

OK but not a good reason to get Concierge. Windy, only a few chairs when I was there on Insignia, very little shade. Staff seemed to be disappointed that I "only" wanted to use the deck and not other services. Had to ask how to access the area, where the towels were, etc. Maybe better on the larger ships. 

Mary

Great pictures and info.

We loved the heated pool on Riviera on that deck and used it often, we were in a penthouse suite.

Another thing we liked was the staff/concierge in the executive lounge who was an excellent source of information about things to do in some of the ports, patient and obliging we appreciated her attention. 

3 hours ago, azam71209 said:

OK but not a good reason to get Concierge. Windy, only a few chairs when I was there on Insignia, very little shade. Staff seemed to be disappointed that I "only" wanted to use the deck and not other services. Had to ask how to access the area, where the towels were, etc. Maybe better on the larger ships. 

Mary

One good reason to get Concierge if you are on Riviera and cruise has a warm weather itinerary. Much better on larger ships esp. Riviera.

12 hours ago, LHT28 said:

photos   of Riviera

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/spa-terrace-311100/

you use your key card to gain entry

Thank you so much for the photos! Will be on her in one year doing two cruises on the Riviera TA to Med and again later in the Med. will also be in a concierge room. 

Denise😊

The amount of shade on the Spa deck is directly related to the positioning of the ship , the direction of the sun, and the direction of the ship in regards to the Sun! Can be a full sun experience or one with mostly to partial shade!

I utilize the Spa Deck on most every sea day, plus other days just for quick relaxing.

18 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

The amount of shade on the Spa deck is directly related to the positioning of the ship , the direction of the sun, and the direction of the ship in regards to the Sun! Can be a full sun experience or one with mostly to partial shade!

I utilize the Spa Deck on most every sea day, plus other days just for quick relaxing.

Right.  And for when that area is in "full sunlight", it would have been nice if for one partial area, probably set back against the wall/windows to inside, up high, there was a canopy  so there was shade for some people to use if they preferred.  That would leave most of the space for the full sun areas.

GC

13 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Right.  And for when that area is in "full sunlight", it would have been nice if for one partial area, probably set back against the wall/windows to inside, up high, there was a canopy  so there was shade for some people to use if they preferred.  That would leave most of the space for the full sun areas.

GC

+1

I burn so easily that I must sit in full shade; I get enough sun exposure on deck just from my time in the pool.