Your best Haven price

Tapi

I’ve only been in the Haven once - the Joy ten nights to NE/Canada in September.  Started as a comped inside from CAS, paid upgrade to a balcony for about $700 for both of us.  Then bid on several Haven cabins.  Got the 2 BR suite with a large balcony for $1400 pp.  so total was around $3500 plus gratuities/service charges/taxes/port fees.  We found out we won 2 hours after we boarded.  😂. Best cruise ever!  

I am booked on the Joy in late January 23 - Miami to LA - 15 night Canal Cruise - All in $9500 for 3 people at 15 nights that comes to $211.11 per person for 3 people. For 2 it would still be under $300 per day per person both ways for me a phenomenal price for my preferred way to Vacation - Haven Cruises! We are bringing my adult Daughter along for this trip so we are in a Forward Facing Haven Suite - also my preferred cabin. I am looking forward to cruising again - with decent rates if you shop and hopefully a return to normalcy! FYI same timing of a Canal Cruise on the Bliss was double the price - price aside I have been on the Bliss before I am looking forward to Joy then Encore then the new class.

Edited by Beamco

Watching this because I think we haven't gotten great pricing on our Haven sailings.

I'm debating when is the best time to book a Haven sailing.

We've only done it twice and I'm now in the "sail less and do Haven than sail more and not do Haven" camp.

It seems like your room choice is better when you book farther in advance --- and I only want to be on a Haven proper deck --- but then your price is higher then, isn't it?  Just wondering if there is any magical time to book where you can get a better price/deal and have options .... 

When we sailed last month there were people who booked in the past few days and got on suuuuuuper cheap (NOT Haven) but I would imagine that doesn't happen with the Haven.

8 hours ago, mearsfansinboise said:

Watching this because I think we haven't gotten great pricing on our Haven sailings.

I'm debating when is the best time to book a Haven sailing.

We've only done it twice and I'm now in the "sail less and do Haven than sail more and not do Haven" camp.

It seems like your room choice is better when you book farther in advance --- and I only want to be on a Haven proper deck --- but then your price is higher then, isn't it?  Just wondering if there is any magical time to book where you can get a better price/deal and have options .... 

When we sailed last month there were people who booked in the past few days and got on suuuuuuper cheap (NOT Haven) but I would imagine that doesn't happen with the Haven.

The barometer we use is that the newer ships (Encore, Bliss, Joy) on average go for $500/pp/day. If we see a trip on any of those ships for that price or lower, we book it and watch and reprice if it drops. That locks us in for the room we want at a price we are comfortable with.

For the older jewel class ships without the bonus Haven areas (no lounge, no bar, no restaurant) the price we're comfortable with is closer to the $350/pp/day range. On those ships we'd rather just go in a non-Haven suite for much less as the only thing you get by being in Haven that you don't get in a regular suite is that courtyard pool. Nice to have, but not worth an extra 2-3K.

3br garden villas and owners suites have their own set of rules for us as those have extra perks, but that's just us.

But generally speaking, you will not see amazing prices on Haven rooms until after final payment date when the room choices are less. If you ever sail on the Joy, consider the HH, HI, and HJ category rooms. They're outside of the Haven area, but not far at all. Significantly larger rooms at cheaper prices than being in the courtyard, and just a short flight of stairs up to that area. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/5/2022 at 8:56 PM, Sailing12Away said:

The barometer we use is that the newer ships (Encore, Bliss, Joy) on average go for $500/pp/day. If we see a trip on any of those ships for that price or lower, we book it and watch and reprice if it drops. That locks us in for the room we want at a price we are comfortable with.

For the older jewel class ships without the bonus Haven areas (no lounge, no bar, no restaurant) the price we're comfortable with is closer to the $350/pp/day range. On those ships we'd rather just go in a non-Haven suite for much less as the only thing you get by being in Haven that you don't get in a regular suite is that courtyard pool. Nice to have, but not worth an extra 2-3K.

3br garden villas and owners suites have their own set of rules for us as those have extra perks, but that's just us.

But generally speaking, you will not see amazing prices on Haven rooms until after final payment date when the room choices are less. If you ever sail on the Joy, consider the HH, HI, and HJ category rooms. They're outside of the Haven area, but not far at all. Significantly larger rooms at cheaper prices than being in the courtyard, and just a short flight of stairs up to that area. 

GREAT information; thanks so much!  

We will be in an HI on Joy for a 14-day Panama Canal this December. We paid ~$267/person/day. This is our only Haven price so both best and worst, but looking at other reports seems a decent enough deal and we're excited regardless. 😄

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 1:16 PM, cruiseny4life said:

Much like @dcipjr, my cheapest was on the Sept. 3rd, Getaway sailing:

Nine day cruise

Aft-Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom (deck 13) (HA)

Two peoples

$2,597.97 per person

*Including DSC, specialty dining gratuities, trip insurance

NO drink package gratuities

Next cruise is looking even better

Seven day cruise (March, 2023

NCL Joy

The Haven Stateroom (deck 14) (HJ)

Two peoples

$2,963.72*

$2,377.32 -

*Including DSC, specialty dining gratuities, trip insurance, Free at Sea Plus, drink package gratuities, AND airfare

- if same as above cruise, including DSC, specialty dining gratuities, trip insurance, with NO drink package gratuities or airfare

Alright, I'm picking up where I left off back in October. We just booked another cruise 25 days out! We're in the Haven (same exact room as the Nine day September 3rd Getaway cruise I mentioned above). I can't wait to enjoy my aft-facing views to the Bahamas and (hopefully) Bermuda!

Eight day cruise (December 31, 2022)

NCL Getaway

Aft-Facing Haven Penthouse with Master Bedroom (deck 13) (HA)

Two peoples

$2,790.91 per person*

*Including DSC, unlimited beverage package gratuities, specialty dining gratuities, thermal suite, taxes, port fees

There's deals to be had y'all!! Don't believe the no discount hype. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 5:16 PM, scooter6139 said:

This is our first Haven, 5 Day Mexico during peak time Dec 18-23 on Joy.  Haven HE cabin, cost breaks down to about $430PP per day all in.

I can't wait to hear about your trip! I hope it's everything you've been waiting for!!! 

Have an amazing time in that cabin! 

11 minutes ago, asmit4 said:

Are you counting kids (under 12) as 'persons' in your calculations. If so, I've found one at 284/pp (2A/1C). Is that a 'great' deal for Haven? 

It's under $300/night, so it sounds like an amazing deal. I'd be interested to know if you paid full price for the under 12 in your room. What category will you be luxuriating in?

20 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

getaway

image.png

That one's gone now. For S&G I was pricing it out since it leaves from NY. Would only need to work from 'home' on the Wednesday, and then either have off, or work from 'home' on Thurs-Fri. For an owners suite, I would have just booked it if it was still there. But when I try to book it says the room is no longer available. Courtyard had an accessible room left, but when I bumped it to 3 people (my MIL is disabled, so we would take her to make it legit), now there's no Haven left at all.

So, all in, Haven Spa Suite, 7-day on the Epic to Southern Caribbean, $6,000 or $3,000 per person, including gratuities, transfers, and BOGO airfare to San Juan.  I thought it was a pretty good deal for a Silver member.  This cruise alone will earn us an additional 21 points and is our first time in a suite.  We should be a couple nights away from gold after it.

7 hours ago, phauenstein said:

7-day on the Epic to Southern Caribbean

We booked on as well.

7 Nights

2BR

6 People

$6,505.29 w/ free at sea ($154.88 pp/pd)

$5,859.29 w/o free at sea

Will it be tight with the kids? Maybe but honestly with taking my parents with us it will be worth it compared to paying potentially more for 3x balcony rooms.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

gem lovers. a true steal

image.thumb.png.7c5dff015c7da778cafdbb7cf9e72cc0.png

Ugggg.... that one kills me. It leaves from NY so no added fee for flights. I just can't with work right now. This month I have to physically be on site, otherwise I would have paid for the unlimited internet and 'worked from home' while enjoying butler service in the Haven.

When I tried to book it online for S&G all the Haven rooms kept erroring out, but I could book a non-Haven 2br suite for 5K total. For a 9 day trip that's a great price.