Phooey!! (Cozumel Mr. Sanchos Related)

jailer man_sailor sam

On 3/12/2019 at 2:46 PM, amanda219 said:

Another vote for Nachi. We have been to Sancho's many times. Last Sept they were booked for my date. Went to Nachi instead & loved it. Went back to Cozumel last month & guess where we went? Nachi!

Drinks are *much* better & more relaxed atmosphere. 

Don't get me wrong, we love Sancho's too & will go back there when we have our teens with us. But from now on when it's just the 2 of us we will reserve a spot at Nachi. 

20180914_161127(0).jpg

Nachi Cocom doesn't have cabanas for rent, do they? That's what we'd really like. Somewhere quiet and relaxing, less children and sea toys, but with a comfortable cabana rental. Any suggestions?

On 7/6/2019 at 9:25 AM, DebInAntigua said:

Nachi Cocom doesn't have cabanas for rent, do they? That's what we'd really like. Somewhere quiet and relaxing, less children and sea toys, but with a comfortable cabana rental. Any suggestions?

Cabana Beach? Didn’t see anyone using it last week, looked very quiet.

Edited by c-leg5

On 7/6/2019 at 10:25 AM, DebInAntigua said:

No cabanas, but also no sea toys, very few children, and it has always been quiet and peaceful with the limit of about 130 customers per day. Great food, drinks and service

I guess it depends on what your idea of a cabana is, but at Nachi, everyone gets their own palapa and chairs. And they're not very close together. The waiters will take care of you all day long bringing drinks and food. And the beach is totally quiet and relaxing there. So, it might be just what you're looking for.

If you go with Nachi  I would suggest you walk down the beach away from the pool. 

We arrived early and were shown to one of the first palapas and were disappointed to find people were shown to palapas close by - convenient for the waiter but not exactly the quiet relaxing time we had hoped for.  

Certainly we could have moved but didn't want the hassle once we were set up especially since we were there early. If I went again I would certainly be more pro-active in my choice of location. The beach was no where near full and there should have been plenty of room to space people out.

As I said above, we hadn’t paid for the area and only looked, but Cabana Beach certainly looked quiet and relaxing. However, it is pricy so depends on your budget whether it is worth it to you.

On 3/16/2019 at 10:57 PM, brookeq said:

We enjoyed our time at Paradise beach.  They do all inclusive packages now if you are into that.  We just paid the $3 last time to get in.  And ordered individual drinks and food.  They are reasonably priced and the food was delicious.  They have a nice large pool with shallow ledges around it for loungers.   

do I purchase inclusive package better than 3 dollars to get in and do the beach is beautiful ? 

I am nervous to do own excursion and I am thinking to book it ourselves and hope taxi is straightforward for us as we are deaf and how to communication to taxi, do I show the name of Paradise Beach?  Do taxi understand english words? or I have to translate to Mexico words?  I know daft question 

Are there plenty taxi for return back to cruise port?

Edited by Tess2326

10 hours ago, Tess2326 said:

do I purchase inclusive package better than 3 dollars to get in and do the beach is beautiful ? 

I am nervous to do own excursion and I am thinking to book it ourselves and hope taxi is straightforward for us as we are deaf and how to communication to taxi, do I show the name of Paradise Beach?  Do taxi understand english words? or I have to translate to Mexico words?  I know daft question 

Welcome to the boards! :classic_smile:

Most of the Cab drivers will speak enough English to communicate with the average tourist. You may want to print out where you want to go, etc. in advance. Cab fares are posted on a board near the cab line for your pier. There are 3 cruise ship piers on the island, so know the name of your ship/pier. Cabs on Cozumel are well organized and regulated, unlike the crooks in Philly! 

Admission to Paradise Beach is $3 each and the your waiter will run  tab for all of your food and drinks. Pay your waiter and add the tip when you leave, and I suggest bringing cash. The all inclusive package is about $60 per person and is a good deal of you plan to eat and drink a lot, or just do not want to worry about the bill 

The beach is nice, the pool is nicer and HUGE, and the grounds are well maintained. You will have a great day. 😎

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 10:25 PM, c-leg5 said:

We have stayed at Occidental (before it was taken over by Barcelo, so don’t know what changes have been made, if any) and day passes to Allegro and Nachi. 

Nachi and Occidental are more adult oriented and Allegra more family. Not sure i would rate Nachi any better than Occidental - they are different, both have their merits and suit different tastes. Nachi is a beach bar, whereas Occidental is a resort with more facilities (more pools, buffet restaurant, activities, more grounds and room). One downside of Occidental because it is bigger, is that it is a long walk from reception to the beach, if that is a problem. I wouldn’t stay at Occidental again because we prefer to be in town but wouldn’t be averse to a day pass in the future. I am sure how busy it is depends on the season, as with all these places, but you certainly won’t find it overun with cruisers, who tend to stick to the regular beach clubs.

I am confused, since you were initially looking at Sanchos and now want a quieter place, as to what facilities you are actually looking for.

Looking to go to either Occidental or Allegro, you said one was quieter and one was more family oriented. Any other info you could offer between the two?  Did you like Allegro?  That is what we are leaning towards, there will be 10 of us from ages 14, 21 up to 66. 

11 minutes ago, Nlexi912 said:

Looking to go to either Occidental or Allegro, you said one was quieter and one was more family oriented. Any other info you could offer between the two?  Did you like Allegro?  That is what we are leaning towards, there will be 10 of us from ages 14, 21 up to 66. 

We visited both a few years ago before taken over by Barcelo so I don’t know what changes there have been.

We had only a day pass to Allegro on a very cold windy day so didn’t get to fully enjoy/appreciate it but I think it was better choice with young children. We had a 2 year old with us and went specifically for the splash ground.  

We stayed at Occidental and enjoyed it as a couple. Some brief observations- the food and restaurants  seemed better at Occidental BUT  lunch is served at an open air buffet by the beach and it is closed and moved to the inside buffet in main hotel area if the weather is bad. This is not a problem in itself but it is a long walk from the main building to the beach if you have any mobility problems. 

Allegro is quite a distance from the main building to the beach but it is all connected. Occidental is two areas separated by a walkway across the mangrove area. I think you will find a site plan for both if you google and will see better what I mean. Both had well maintained grounds. Since you have older kids you may prefer Occidental but it depends what you are looking for specifically,

there was a fairly recent review of Allegro by a large group that enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2019 at 7:15 AM, grandmarnnurse said:

On 7/12/2019 at 5:48 AM, Tess2326 said:

Sorry I haven't been on here recently.  The people at the cab stand speak English and so do most of the drivers.  The guy at the stand will tell the cab driver where to take you.  there is a board with prices.    You can pay in US dollars.   I would also have it written out.   

There will be taxis waiting for people at paradise beach.  and if there aren't they will call you one.   Just make sure you know what pier you are at.  I would probably have the written down also.   

If you look in my signature I have some links to reviews and it has pictures of paradise beach.  probably the Disney cruise one and the carnival dream review.

On 7/9/2019 at 12:47 PM, c-leg5 said:

If you go with Nachi  I would suggest you walk down the beach away from the pool. 

We arrived early and were shown to one of the first palapas and were disappointed to find people were shown to palapas close by - convenient for the waiter but not exactly the quiet relaxing time we had hoped for.  

Certainly we could have moved but didn't want the hassle once we were set up especially since we were there early. If I went again I would certainly be more pro-active in my choice of location. The beach was no where near full and there should have been plenty of room to space people out.

As I said above, we hadn’t paid for the area and only looked, but Cabana Beach certainly looked quiet and relaxing. However, it is pricy so depends on your budget whether it is worth it to you.

Yes walk down the beach, there IS plenty of room and they should have spread things out a little more especially around the pool. Both times at Nachi there weren't many people there which was great but they put everybody together I would assume so Manuel didn't have to walk all over the property to wait on everybody.

Move I did, I got up and went out on the beach, when I came back the deck chair I was sitting in was taken which was just fine with me because they put everyone over there.

I walked to the other side of the pool and set my stuff down where no one else was it was perfect. I was the only person that did that, others wish they had I had one side of the pool to myself, no problems. 

Actually if I had any problem at Nachi my second visit, there were 2 couple's that looked like they just pulled up in a West Virginia row boat and acted like it, I came back after walking the beach and they were gone. 

Absolutely be more pro-active in your choice location YOUR paying for your day pass. 

c-leg5 could you please tell me something about Cabana Beach, sounds great, Is it near Nachi?? Resort day pass? All-inclusive?

Thanks for your help Todd

1 hour ago, TTEllis said:

Yes walk down the beach, there IS plenty of room and they should have spread things out a little more especially around the pool. Both times at Nachi there weren't many people there which was great but they put everybody together I would assume so Manuel didn't have to walk all over the property to wait on everybody.

Move I did, I got up and went out on the beach, when I came back the deck chair I was sitting in was taken which was just fine with me because they put everyone over there.

I walked to the other side of the pool and set my stuff down where no one else was it was perfect. I was the only person that did that, others wish they had I had one side of the pool to myself, no problems. 

Actually if I had any problem at Nachi my second visit, there were 2 couple's that looked like they just pulled up in a West Virginia row boat and acted like it, I came back after walking the beach and they were gone. 

Absolutely be more pro-active in your choice location YOUR paying for your day pass. 

c-leg5 could you please tell me something about Cabana Beach, sounds great, Is it near Nachi?? Resort day pass? All-inclusive?

Thanks for your help Todd

Cabana Beach is a VIP area at

Chankanaab. You can find it on their website.

12 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Cabana Beach is a VIP area at

Chankanaab. You can find it on their website.

That's a $500 day I'm not sure it's worth that much more $$$$$$$$$$ than Nachi, all things considered. Thanks Todd

Looks great though, I just can't get the math to add up. Appreciate the info.

1 hour ago, TTEllis said:

That's a $500 day I'm not sure it's worth that much more $$$$$$$$$$ than Nachi, all things considered. Thanks Todd

Looks great though, I just can't get the math to add up. Appreciate the info.

LOL! I never said it would be worth it for me either! I only checked it out on my visit last month.

Not sure how many in your party but it says $269 for 2? - not sure where you are seeing $500. However, that isn’t AI only fruit platter! I think I originally suggested it to someone specifically looking for a cabana and those are hard to find on Cozumel.

35 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

LOL! I never said it would be worth it for me either! I only checked it out on my visit last month.

Not sure how many in your party but it says $269 for 2? - not sure where you are seeing $500. However, that isn’t AI only fruit platter! I think I originally suggested it to someone specifically looking for a cabana and those are hard to find on Cozumel.

YES!!! $269(US) for 2 and I am 1, plus food(except for the ummmmmm FREE fruit platter, I love that), bar tab for me at least another $150 let's just round up to $200 plus tip and taxes comes right to just over $500, your trying to wipe me out. 🤣 Jeez!!

I'm big time VIP🙄,  $500(US) a day, that's tough on me. 

Back to Nachi!!

I think Nachi is not even $60+$50 tip and taxi fare not even close to $150 all day everything. 

Great math!! Thanks!!

Edited by TTEllis
typo