What will replace Sun Princess?

15 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I would love it if they did, even if the dress codes were relaxed or stayed the same.

QM2 is the best of all the ships I have been on.  Unique, nothing else like her.  Just that some of her clientele are not 'my cup of tea' if you know what I mean.  Not that I have anything against G&T imbibers.

Edited by NSWP

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

QM2 is the best of all the ships I have been on.  Unique, nothing else like her.  Just that some of her clientele are not 'my cup of tea' if you know what I mean.  Not that I have anything against G&T imbibers.

Agreed about the ship, it is awesome, as a cruise liner and a top speed of 33 knots cruising at 22, lots of interesting places on board and excellent public areas. In good condition as well.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Agreed about the ship, it is awesome, as a cruise liner and a top speed of 33 knots cruising at 22, lots of interesting places on board and excellent public areas. In good condition as well.

I love the deck space and pax viewing window area behind bridge.

Princess haven't replaced the Dawn Princess, and looking at port schedules it seems no Princess ships will be based in Australia over winter in 2019 and the same  in 2020.  We are in Western Australia and Princess did a winter season from 2008 and then just one cruise the last couple of years and now nothing except over summer.  They transfer ships to P&O Australia, but what about basing a couple here all year round, they seem to have plenty, or perhaps another line might see the potential and base a ship here full time.

Heres Hoping.

• Like 1

They did keep Golden down here for 18 months after Dawn went to P&O. However they seem to have abandoned Australia in our winter months now, which is annoying. I'd love to see more Top End, PNG or South Pacific cruises from Sydney over the winter month. Top End cruises would also allow for return cruises out of Fremantle, between the Top End runs.

21 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They did keep Golden down here for 18 months after Dawn went to P&O. However they seem to have abandoned Australia in our winter months now, which is annoying. I'd love to see more Top End, PNG or South Pacific cruises from Sydney over the winter month. Top End cruises would also allow for return cruises out of Fremantle, between the Top End runs.

Ozkiwi, they may be doing that with the Sapphire. I see a booking for Sapphire on April 1st 2021 then back on May 1st 2021, could be a Hawaii round trip like Golden did, then there is a booking that looks like 15 days so could be PNG, like Golden did. I also see a couple of bookings in Brisbane for Sapphire which co incides with that time.

Lets hope Sapphire stays for at least more than a season, my husband has a "special" birthday in May 2021, a cruise on the Sapphire would be perfect, he could get his fill with on demand TV!!

4 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Ozkiwi, they may be doing that with the Sapphire. I see a booking for Sapphire on April 1st 2021 then back on May 1st 2021, could be a Hawaii round trip like Golden did, then there is a booking that looks like 15 days so could be PNG, like Golden did. I also see a couple of bookings in Brisbane for Sapphire which co incides with that time.

Lets hope Sapphire stays for at least more than a season, my husband has a "special" birthday in May 2021, a cruise on the Sapphire would be perfect, he could get his fill with on demand TV!!

I hope so too for you husband.

14 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

That’d be OK Hawaii on Saphirre

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

That’d be OK Hawaii on Saphirre

Fingers crossed Gut, that would be a good one for you.

Was thinking it could also be a trip to Singapore for a refurb then back but 30 days would not be long enough.

It's a wait n see!!

10 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Fingers crossed Gut, that would be a good one for you.

Was thinking it could also be a trip to Singapore for a refurb then back but 30 days would not be long enough.

It's a wait n see!!

Of course bloody Dr talked me out of it next month, so may not give me clearance anyway, but can live in hope can’t I.

30 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

That would be wonderful if they did do that. I'd love to do another PNG cruise in winter. I caught a bad flu on the last one we did and missed some of the ports. I really liked Diamond so would love to try Sapphire. 

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That would be wonderful if they did do that. I'd love to do another PNG cruise in winter. I caught a bad flu on the last one we did and missed some of the ports. I really liked Diamond so would love to try Sapphire. 

We did our only PNG cruise on the Dawn Princess and it was one of our most memorable, we had no expectations but it was different and relaxing and all new ports for us.

I am not into lot of pay to use areas so the extra space on Sapphire where the Japanese spa area is,  is a plus for us. International Cafe with Alfredos next door and Vines, the Diamond didnt have an IC when we cruised last on it in 2013,  on demand TV.

They both have lovely wide promenades, 4 smaller anytime restaurants, skywalkers, lots of pools forward, mid and aft, caribe balconies, Crooners, Wheelhouse, Explorers and Club Fusion, although not as good as a Vista lounge, there are lots of public areas. Free to use saunas that are charged on Majestic.......oh and loads of forward viewing!! We did NZ on Diamond back in 2011, now having been on Majestic I would never do NZ on a Royal class.

IMHO, these two ships are the best Princess has to offer with Sapphire having the edge.

Fingers crossed we get an extra season with Sapphire here.

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think the Diamond is the best Princess ship I have been on so far (my opinion). The Sapphire as a sister ship would be very similar.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I think the Diamond is the best Princess ship I have been on so far (my opinion). The Sapphire as a sister ship would be very similar.

Yeah Diamond would be my number 2, I guess a bit itinerary dependant, Pacific is 1 for us most times but on a longer cruise the extra variety may be nice.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah Diamond would be my number 2, I guess a bit itinerary dependant, Pacific is 1 for us most times but on a longer cruise the extra variety may be nice.

I am not so fond of the reno's done on the Diamond but it does make it a bit different.