Weekly spa pass now available online (but not cabana)

Wow, this could make it harder to get a pass onboard. On the smaller ships, they only sell about 25-30 for the week.

thanks for the info!

This is also a great way for HAL to make these passes out-of-pocket$$ instead of OBC.

I am torn because this cuts the rush to the spa on the first day, yet I usually use OBC for this expense.

• Like 1

Oh wow!  Thanks for posting this.  I just got mine booked for our 16 night Transatlantic on Zuiderdam next month.  The price was good, too.  Much lower than I expected ($429 for the couples pass = $13.41 per person, per day). 

The excitement is mounting! :classic_biggrin:

Our cruise is 20 days, but the pass is coming up as 14+ days for $349/couple......which I feel is great, assuming it is for the entire 20 day cruise

.  Any idea what the “for 15 minutes” would be?

B3490CEF-F4E4-4542-A36A-8C2321ACB170.thumb.png.358fca61145cf886306bf8fa8cf8c322.png

Edited by hmmm

1 hour ago, racnwdow said:

What is exactly included in a spa pass?

From web site:

"Set sail on a journey to ultimate relaxation with this sensory oasis. Inspired by traditional Turkish Baths, our Thermal Suite features heated chaise lounges as well as aromatic steam and sauna grottos - a perfect interlude to your day. Then, soak in our Thalassotherapy Pool, a therapeutic, natural-bubbling salt-water spring. This mineral-rich body of water has healing powers for de-stressing, pain relief, and to soothe dry skin. "

I know you can go to saunas without a pass.  I believe the pass is for hydropool, steam room, and heated chaise.

6 minutes ago, racnwdow said:

I clicked on the spa pass 14+ day to see if there was anymore information (Holland America/my bookings) and the next step was to pick a time.  Time for what?  Must be what the 15 minutes were for.

Since it is in the Spa booking area, it is probably more related to massages and such, especially since it sounds like the category was just added.

It seems that someone in Seattle is finally starting to listen.  The recent addition of the Laundry package, Internet package and now the Spa pass are all signs pointing in the right direction!  My guess is that they are trying to save on staffing costs in the call center and trying to move the more commonly requested ancillary items like these to online, rather than having to call Worldwide Shore Services. 

They still have a long ways to go, but hey, an improvement in process is an improvement in process :)

• Like 2

From past experience, all of the spa treatments were booked by schedule.  So my thinking is that the 15 minute thing is a technicality within the website booking tool.  I know that having a multi day spa pass enables me to use the thermo pool, tile loungers, etc. anytime it is open, and for as long as I'd like to be in there.

When I booked my couples spa pass this morning, I had to pick a time, so I chose the earliest one on embarkation day, which was 12:15 PM. 

1 hour ago, hmmm said:

Our cruise is 20 days, but the pass is coming up as 14+ days for $349/couple......which I feel is great, assuming it is for the entire 20 day cruise

.  Any idea what the “for 15 minutes” would be?

B3490CEF-F4E4-4542-A36A-8C2321ACB170.thumb.png.358fca61145cf886306bf8fa8cf8c322.png

This is an excellent deal, but I am wondering why it is so inexpensive for 20 days?  I will be on Zuiderdam for 16 days and the couples pass was $429, which is still a great deal for what you are getting.  I love the thermo pool!

23 minutes ago, Taters said:

This is an excellent deal, but I am wondering why it is so inexpensive for 20 days?  I will be on Zuiderdam for 16 days and the couples pass was $429, which is still a great deal for what you are getting.  I love the thermo pool!

I believe pricing may be due to class of ships.  The smaller ships don't offer as much as the larger ships.  This is pure speculation on my part.

Edited by FlorenceItaly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

It seems that someone in Seattle is finally starting to listen.  The recent addition of the Laundry package, Internet package and now the Spa pass are all signs pointing in the right direction!  My guess is that they are trying to save on staffing costs in the call center and trying to move the more commonly requested ancillary items like these to online, rather than having to call Worldwide Shore Services. 

They still have a long ways to go, but hey, an improvement in process is an improvement in process 🙂

I completely agree.  I did see the laundry package as well!  It's the VERY last item on "my" page.  I haven't found an internet package anywhere.  

Maybe they will also add the cabanas.  I think it's so odd you have to call!  How 20th century. 🤣

Edited by 1964IceCreamLady

32 minutes ago, Taters said:

9 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I believe pricing may be due to class of ships.  The smaller ships don't offer as much as the larger ships.  This is pure speculation on my part.

The cost on the S&R class has always been lower than the Vistas/Signatures/Pinnacle class ships due to the more limited facilities.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1964IceCreamLady said:

I completely agree.  I did see the laundry package as well!  It's the VERY last item on "my" page.  I haven't found an internet package anywhere.  

Maybe they will also add the cabanas.  I think it's so odd you have to call!  How 20th century.

Internet seems to be ship specific - my 14 day cruise on the Amsterdam this summer does not currently show internet, but my 11 day on the Zuiderdam for December 2020 does .... sooooo ......

Usually on past cruises, there was a discount if one purchased a Thermal Suite/Hydropool pass for the entire cruise either on the day of Embarkation or the following day.  On Nieuw Statendam, when I asked the Spa Lady showing me around about that on Embarkation Day, I got a "what are you talking about" reaction.  Maybe a thing of the past?

I like to use some of my OBC in paying for this pass.  If I book this Pass before I sail, I won't be able to use that credit nor will I be able to use the "one complimentary day in the Spa" that is a 5 Star Mariner benefit.  

• Like 1

Do take your receipts with you onboard for any internet purchases. My hard copy came in handy when they charged me again for unlimited laundry after having prepaid for it online. It still required a trip to the front desk but with receipt in hand the charge was credited back within 2 days. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Brewgirl1 said:

I just looked it up for my cruise, feb. 2020. It says to pick morning 8-12, afternoon 12-5, or evening 5-9.

That's why it's so cheap. Hard to commit to a time beforehand.

It sure does!  This was not there when I booked earlier.  I am not sure how I feel about this.  I guess I will deal with it when I get on board.

2 hours ago, Taters said:

From past experience, all of the spa treatments were booked by schedule.  So my thinking is that the 15 minute thing is a technicality within the website booking tool.  I know that having a multi day spa pass enables me to use the thermo pool, tile loungers, etc. anytime it is open, and for as long as I'd like to be in there.

When I booked my couples spa pass this morning, I had to pick a time, so I chose the earliest one on embarkation day, which was 12:15 PM. 

My wife called to ask about the 15 minute time and was told that there pass is good for any time of the day and the request to specify a time was a software glitch

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, leanstostarboard said:

My wife called to ask about the 15 minute time and was told that there pass is good for any time of the day and the request to specify a time was a software glitch

Thank you!  I can see where this would be a glitch, but, I am a little worried about the morning 8-12, afternoon 12-5, evening 5-9 portion of the reservation.  I am not sure how this could be explained as a glitch.  I guess we will find out.  Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Brewgirl1 said:

I just looked it up for my cruise, feb. 2020. It says to pick morning 8-12, afternoon 12-5, or evening 5-9.

That's why it's so cheap. Hard to commit to a time beforehand.

It didn't say this when I booked this morning.  I am not worried about it, though.  Another glitch, I'll bet.

• Like 1