Gty Assignments

11 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Anybody know when the guarantee assignments are running right now? Just booked the first leg of a B2B for April 10.  Excited to see where they put us.

No discernable pattern.

• 2 weeks later...

The last one was by phone.  First one years ago was email.

Anyway we decided to go ahead and pay the upgrade of $169 to pick an inside on same deck as our last leg of B2B in a Grand Suite....this is for Vision and there was only 1 left on deck 8.  Now I know exactly where it is and it is very near the next cabin so easy peasy to move.  With GTY it could have been anywhere, even down in the rowers decks.  For that cheap I'm good.

18 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

For those that have been notified of their GTY assignment prior to walking down the gangway to board the ship, how have you been notified of your cabin assignment?

No notification, just noticed the assignment on Royal's website.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

No notification, just noticed the assignment on Royal's website.

Would you be meaning after logging on the Royal website, the basic information provided, Balcony #GTY will change to the actual cabin and or Set Sail Pass will also show the deck and cabin?

12 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

Would you be meaning after logging on the Royal website, the basic information provided, Balcony #GTY will change to the actual cabin and or Set Sail Pass will also show the deck and cabin?

Yes to that.

One interesting thing that happened to our friends and others on the roll call for our upcoming Oasis TA cruise next month was many with an ocean view balcony guarantee had deck number, ship section and muster station information on their luggage tags, set sail passes and cruise document so it appears a cabin assignment had been done but no cabin number showed on any of these, only that it was still a guarantee with the type or cabin class. Our friends did get their cabin number at the 30 days prior mark and it was exactly in the area of the ship, forward part of mid-ship section on port side deck 10, where I expected it to be in.

We booked a Neighborhood balcony guarantee a week or so after final payment, same day as our friends did and we got our assignment including the cabin number within a few days.

RCI seemed to be withholding the exact cabin number from those with these OV balcony guarantees. I suspect it was to stop cabin switch requests as there was pretty well no availability when our friends got their cabin number.

Edited by robtulipe

11 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

Correct.

7 minutes ago, robtulipe said:

Yes to that.

One interesting thing that happened to our friends and others on the roll call for our upcoming Oasis TA cruise next month was many with an ocean view balcony guarantee had deck number, ship section and muster station information on their luggage tags, set sail passes and cruise document so it appears a cabin assignment had been done but no cabin number showed on any of these, only that it was still a guarantee with the type or cabin class. Our friends did get their cabin number at the 30 days prior mark and it was exactly in the area of the ship, forward part of mid-ship section on port side deck 10, where I expected it to be in.

We booked a Neighborhood balcony guarantee a week or so after final payment, same day as our friends did and we got our assignment including the cabin number within a few days.

RCI seemed to be withholding the exact cabin number from those with these OV balcony guarantees. I suspect it was to stop cabin switch requests as there was pretty well no availability when our friends got their cabin number.

We see a portion of that on our SS pass for our Anthem of the Seas cruise in May, in that we have a muster station assigned, but deck is still "Reprint" and Stateroom as "#GTY". I've read on here and elsewhere folks cruising on ships that more fully supported  by the Royal IQ app pre-cruise, are seeing information similar information to your friends and others.

We're 56 days out for our cruise, and I pretty much understand how booking a cabin guarantee "works". Guess what I'm a little...annoyed about maybe is that we only booked our cruise is the middle of this past January..then changed our booking several weeks later to a "better deal" for a GTY balcony. Yet we've received multiple RoyalUP offers to upgrade, and those offers include a balcony "upgrade" along with offers to move to suites. We could consider those, if we knew where we assigned, but seems to us we're just trading one gamble for another, and potentially paying more, which could be fine moving to a suite, but I laugh at the prospect of paying more to "upgrade" to another class of balcony, one we COULD get once our assignment is made.

Oh well...no harm no foul I guess. 

We got our GTY cabin assigned exactly at the 14 day mark.  We did not receive any notification but I had been stalking the Cruise Planner daily waiting on it.  We sail a week from Saturday, celebrating hubby’s 50th Birthday!

2 hours ago, bar1068 said:

I've read on here and elsewhere folks cruising on ships that more fully supported  by the Royal IQ app pre-cruise, are seeing information similar information to your friends and others.

There's very little info on Ovation and Quantum, the only other two ships which use the Royal IQ app.

3 hours ago, bar1068 said:

We see a portion of that on our SS pass for our Anthem of the Seas cruise in May, in that we have a muster station assigned, but deck is still "Reprint" and Stateroom as "#GTY". I've read on here and elsewhere folks cruising on ships that more fully supported  by the Royal IQ app pre-cruise, are seeing information similar information to your friends and others.

We're 56 days out for our cruise, and I pretty much understand how booking a cabin guarantee "works". Guess what I'm a little...annoyed about maybe is that we only booked our cruise is the middle of this past January..then changed our booking several weeks later to a "better deal" for a GTY balcony. Yet we've received multiple RoyalUP offers to upgrade, and those offers include a balcony "upgrade" along with offers to move to suites. We could consider those, if we knew where we assigned, but seems to us we're just trading one gamble for another, and potentially paying more, which could be fine moving to a suite, but I laugh at the prospect of paying more to "upgrade" to another class of balcony, one we COULD get once our assignment is made.

Oh well...no harm no foul I guess. 

Before they got their cabin number I believe our friends saw the deck number in their cruise documents when that was first issued W/O the cabin number. The muster station was on the Set Sail passes and the ship sector location was on the luggage tag.

IMO the days of the free upgrades to a higher class of cabins are pretty well not going to happen with the Royal Up program where RCI has a waiting list of those who will pay for upgrades. RCI will simply upgrade the person who has bid for an upgrade to free up a cabin in your guarantee class to assign.

That Oasis TA next month we're on is sold out currently but I can still request an upgrade of all higher classes of cabins up to a JS which requires a $1000/person for a strong bid. We got assigned a boardwalk balcony for our neighborhood balcony guarantee which is what I wanted and expected with the cabin availability when I booked. Our friends just got a regular OV balcony for their regular OV balcony guarantee after a much longer wait than us..

We've done over 20 guarantee bookings and have gotten some nice free upgrades in the pass with going up several classes of cabins a few times and a single class of cabin even more times.

I'm certain this won't be happening in the future.

Edited by robtulipe

4 hours ago, robtulipe said:

Yes to that.

Ours was split up on the Oasis TA next month. We got the vertical location via Muster Station info off the SetSail pass on the website within a few days. However, we didn’t get the the deck of the cabin until T -49; it was  on the eDocs. We didn’t get the actual cabin  assignment until T -30. They issued an eDocs 2 on our reservation and the room assignment was on our reservation along with the luggage tag. Our cabin was spot on in that sector and deck of the ship. 

Edited by WeighAnchor