🛳 World Cruise 2021 info - Island Princess

Coral

22 minutes ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Hard to say but our friends currently on their 3rd in a row (who were able to sign up for the next one early while on board) are cruising with many friends from their previous WC's.

Well, you can't see and do everything in a single port stop.

Also, I bet Princess throttles the supply so that limited cabins get all the early goodies. 

At least with Island they can accommodate a lot more people than with Pacific. 

I haven't looked at the bookings but because it can be booked in a variety of ways - I am guessing that cabins are reserved for those sailings. For example - you can start in 2 different ports so you have to reserve cabins for both plus the various legs.

I wonder how food is on a WC? If you have a bad chef - you could be doomed for over 3 months.

Edited by Coral

9 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Got the Elite preview email today and opened it within 5 minutes and the majority of the mini suites and suites are sold out.   What?     🙄🙄🙄

Are individual segments also being sold today?

If so, be aware that some cabins are allocated for sale for the total cruise and others allocated the individual segments. In that case, those allocated for the segments will not be shown available for the entire cruise, even if not yet booked. Similarly, those allocated for the entire cruise will not be available on any of the individual segments, even if not yet booked.

I called this morning and there were very few outside cabins available for the 45 day cruise from Los Angeles to Singapore.   I'm sure the rep, said cabins were being held back for the full cruise passengers.   Decided against the cruise although I liked the ports  because there were no amenities.    Nothing.      I've since found something similar at about half the price.

4 hours ago, waltd said:

I called this morning and there were very few outside cabins available for the 45 day cruise from Los Angeles to Singapore.   I'm sure the rep, said cabins were being held back for the full cruise passengers.   Decided against the cruise although I liked the ports  because there were no amenities.    Nothing.      I've since found something similar at about half the price.

Curious which line/ship has a WC at about 50% of Princess's pricing.  Also, does this mean 50% of starting list price, or the net bottom line value price on Princess (after figuring in OBC, free internet, free grats, etc)?  Note that we don't get free flights booking insides.

4 hours ago, caribill said:

Are individual segments also being sold today?

If so, be aware that some cabins are allocated for sale for the total cruise and others allocated the individual segments. In that case, those allocated for the segments will not be shown available for the entire cruise, even if not yet booked. Similarly, those allocated for the entire cruise will not be available on any of the individual segments, even if not yet booked.

I understand about segments and cabin availability.

All segments available and like I said most sold out.

IMO the Island is just not worth the headache.

Here's what is burning me this morning.

First, there are a total of 16 voyages for sale among full WC's and segments on Island for these 2021 sailings.  Only THREE are supposedly "Sold Out".  These are Singapore or Dubai to Fort Lauderdale and Singapore to Venice (don't care).

BUT, I can book Singapore or Dubai thru to LA.  That's an additional 14 nights after leaving Fort Lauderdale.

If I can book any cabin from Singapore to LA, it therefore means that cabin is open for Singapore to Fort Lauderdale as well or I wouldn't be able to go to LA.  But, Princess isn't offering any of those now.

Not fair, I say.  Just bad luck to be what we were interested in.  Seems arbitrary IMO.

Anyway, that's the story.  Also, Insides sold out from LA to Venice and LA to LA WC.  Not too bad. 

Princess should be allotting cabins to folks who want to end in Florida.  Sigh............

BTW, I could see inventory and pricing before 6:00am PT.

Edited by steelers36

1 hour ago, Ladyinflight said:

I would love to partake of this itinerary but, just not on the Island Princess.  Did a 60 day SA itinerary last year on the Island and vowed "never again for me on this ship".

So did we and it was a great trip.  We didn't mind the ship, but I never said it would be my first choice.  Anyone we knew were fine with it as well.  I respect and understand some just cannot deal with Island.  But it isn't terrible.

Cannot be too bad if customers are booking like crazy.

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 1

I was able to book a suite (at 2am PST) for the Panama Canal portion only. I am a little iffy on it though.

Flying from Seattle to FL on Jan 2nd may be a bit dicey. We can only fly in one day early and weather can be unkind.

This is a retirement trip for the hubby and we want to do the full transit in the old locks so we need the smaller ship.

When the other sailings for 2021 come out if the Coral or the Pacific end up making a full transit we can always cancel and book with them.

The Island, Coral and Pacific are the only ones that can transit the old locks right?

7 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Here's what is burning me this morning.

First, there are a total of 16 voyages for sale among full WC's and segments on Island for these 2021 sailings.  Only THREE are supposedly "Sold Out".  These are Singapore or Dubai to Fort Lauderdale and Singapore to Venice (don't care).

BUT, I can book Singapore or Dubai thru to LA.  That's an additional 14 nights after leaving Fort Lauderdale.

If I can book any cabin from Singapore to LA, it therefore means that cabin is open for Singapore to Fort Lauderdale as well or I wouldn't be able to go to LA.  But, Princess isn't offering any of those now.

Not fair, I say.  Just bad luck to be what we were interested in.  Seems arbitrary IMO.

Anyway, that's the story.  Also, Insides sold out from LA to Venice and LA to LA WC.  Not too bad. 

Princess should be allotting cabins to folks who want to end in Florida.  Sigh............

BTW, I could see inventory and pricing before 6:00am PT.

As I indicated in an earlier post, cabins are allocated among the different ways the cruise can be booked. If there are 16 different ways it cab be booked, that means each type of cabin is sliced for 16 different ways meaning very few cabins for each possible way.

If you have a great (better than good) travel agent, he/she may have a contact at Princess that can make the booking you want by having a cabin moved from another booking slice to what you need.

Sad no benefits for 52 day segment of this WC... only 55 days and above 😩😢

Come on Princess.. throw us loyal Elite travels a couple bones🍖 .  Free gratuities and a speciality dinner would be a nice perk 🤞🤞

1 hour ago, steelers36 said:

So did we and it was a great trip.  We didn't mind the ship, but I never said it would be my first choice.  Anyone we knew were fine with it as well.  I respect and understand some just cannot deal with Island.  But it isn't terrible.

My partner and I both thought it was a bait and switch cruise and the ship was in terrible shape.   We would give Princess another try but just not on the Island. We are all entitled to our own opinion.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

As I indicated in an earlier post, cabins are allocated among the different ways the cruise can be booked. If there are 16 different ways it cab be booked, that means each type of cabin is sliced for 16 different ways meaning very few cabins for each possible way.

If you have a great (better than good) travel agent, he/she may have a contact at Princess that can make the booking you want by having a cabin moved from another booking slice to what you need.

Yes... good advice.  I had already sent an email on that to her earlier today.

2 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Hope it works out for you. Our TA was on the phone at 6AM PDT and tried for a good 1/2 hour to open up some cabins in our desired area No luck. We did get the category cabin that we wanted but not where we wanted. I'll just keep my eyes open as our TA said we couldn't be wait-listed for this cruise. We booked the 97 days from LA --> FLL.  Tired of doing the canal...

15 hours ago, steelers36 said:

I can book Singapore or Dubai thru to LA.  That's an additional 14 nights after leaving Fort Lauderdale.

This reminds me of a similar situation several years ago when Princess sailed from Houston.

They offered a cruise from Houston to Southampton. Two of the possible ways (there were four) of booking were:

a) Houston to Southampton with a stop at Fort Lauderdale to pick up additional passengers

b) Fort Lauderdale to Southampton

Naturally, the cabins available for Houston to Southampton were not available for Fort Lauderdale to Southampton and vice versa.

The Houston to Southampton cabins were sold out, but there was availability from Fort Lauderdale to Southampton.

This meant (because it was illegal to transport passengers from just Houston to Fort Lauderdale) that the cabins for Fort Lauderdale to Southampton had be be kept vacant from Houston to Fort Lauderdale. That's right, empty cabins with no income to Princess.

But Princess would not release these cabins so they could be sold from Houston to Southampton which would have given Princess three more days of booking income plus three more days of on board spending.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 2:10 PM, steelers36 said:

We did a pair of Panama Canal cruises back-to-back on the Island Princess and loved it.

On 3/28/2019 at 5:08 PM, steelers36 said:

When I got the Princess email. I signaled my travel agent that we wanted to book the 111 day LA to LA. This was a few days before booking started. On the first day, my travel agent got us a Baja balcony. She indicated that the booking were going astonishingly fast

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2019 at 1:19 AM, caribill said:

This reminds me of a similar situation several years ago when Princess sailed from Houston.

They offered a cruise from Houston to Southampton. Two of the possible ways (there were four) of booking were:

a) Houston to Southampton with a stop at Fort Lauderdale to pick up additional passengers

b) Fort Lauderdale to Southampton

Naturally, the cabins available for Houston to Southampton were not available for Fort Lauderdale to Southampton and vice versa.

The Houston to Southampton cabins were sold out, but there was availability from Fort Lauderdale to Southampton.

This meant (because it was illegal to transport passengers from just Houston to Fort Lauderdale) that the cabins for Fort Lauderdale to Southampton had be be kept vacant from Houston to Fort Lauderdale. That's right, empty cabins with no income to Princess.

But Princess would not release these cabins so they could be sold from Houston to Southampton which would have given Princess three more days of booking income plus three more days of on board spending.

I was on that TA when it returned and the ship was half empty from FLL to Houston. Lots of people getting off in FLL.  Hopefully   they’ll discount unsold cabins for shorter legs closer to sailing.  

Edited by LewesBeach

When you have done world cruises with Princesses former owner P&O UK and you experience their ships and then see that the ship that Princess took and destroyed by removing all the public rooms is doing a world cruise it leaves a lot to be desired.

I am very keen to do world cruise sectors with Princess Cruises.

I am definitely not keen to cruise on the Island Princess and it is on my blacklist forever due to its destruction at the hands of bean counters.

On 3/28/2019 at 4:27 PM, hillslife said:

Sad no benefits for 52 day segment of this WC... only 55 days and above 😩😢

Come on Princess.. throw us loyal Elite travels a couple bones🍖 .  Free gratuities and a speciality dinner would be a nice perk 🤞🤞

I'm in the Venice to LA segment (38Nights), The passenger copy of the booking says this booking has GIFT,  what will be the famous gift. So no OBC, No Gratuities & no WiFi 😞