Safe parking during cruise in Fll

Borman51

57 minutes ago, Borman51 said:

We live in Georgia and plan to spend 2 days to get down and home.

2 days to upstate NY?  Wow!  DH is from Baldwinsville.

we’re sailing on the Island Princess.

thanks for the suggestion of ValueTrips, but I don’t think that includes stay/park/cruise packages.

My husband and I lived in Clay several years ago.  We then moved to Vestal and lived there for many years before moving to FL.  Now, back Upstate to the Rochester area.  It's a long day traveling home, and that's why I fly back.  My daughter in law doesn't like to fly and she is very nervous doing so, so they drive both ways.

I didn't think Value Trip rates would include the parking for the week, but thought that if you added that to their rate, it might be lower.  Enjoy your cruise.

3 hours ago, katiel53 said:

I don't know about the other hotels you have mentioned, but the Hyatt Place 17th St charges for parking every night.  We have stayed there a few of our last cruises and even as a guest we had to pay $10 per night for parking.

I don't believe you will be able to get free parking for the week, unless they have a cruise/park package that is a lot higher than just the room rate.

I found a cruise/park package with 7 days free parking and $7/ day for extra days for not much more than regular rate through stay123.com

1 hour ago, katiel53 said:

My husband and I lived in Clay several years ago.  We then moved to Vestal and lived there for many years before moving to FL.  Now, back Upstate to the Rochester area.  It's a long day traveling home, and that's why I fly back.  My daughter in law doesn't like to fly and she is very nervous doing so, so they drive both ways.

I didn't think Value Trip rates would include the parking for the week, but thought that if you added that to their rate, it might be lower.  Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you so much for the suggestion!

"Safe parking" in Florida is an oxymoron, but we always try to park off site, as Port Evergaldes and POM (@$22/day) terminal parking is just too expensive.  Having said that, FLL Fairfield Inn is less expensive, but PEG Park N Go has the quickest shuttles.  Uber from most FLL airport longterm  parking is a good alternative to save a few bucks.  You just have to weigh your own convenience factor. We just don't drive our best car, and bring a second set of car keys, along with zero deductible glass insurance, but so far have not had any breakage.

8 minutes ago, neptuno said:

"Safe parking" in Florida is an oxymoron, but we always try to park off site, as Port Evergaldes and POM (@$22/day) terminal parking is just too expensive.  Having said that, FLL Fairfield Inn is less expensive, but PEG Park N Go has the quickest shuttles.  Uber from most FLL airport longterm  parking is a good alternative to save a few bucks.  You just have to weigh your own convenience factor. We just don't drive our best car, and bring a second set of car keys, along with zero deductible glass insurance, but so far have not had any breakage.

Thank you so much!  This is very helpful.

5 hours ago, neptuno said:

FLL airport longterm  parking 

The FLL long term lot was a nice choice but that lot on/near Griffin Rd was closed approx. 2 years ago.

Edited by thinfool

3 hours ago, thinfool said:

The FLL long term lot was a nice choice but that lot on/near Griffin Rd was closed approx. 2 years ago.

There were plans to build a long term parking garage on that site, do you know if that's actually underway?

We have used Gold Coast Parking several times over the years.  They have a secure lot just a mile or so from the port, offer competitive rates, and have a free shuttle.

• 2 years later...
On 3/14/2019 at 10:14 PM, OCruisers said:

We drive to FLL from South Carolina and have done this VERY MANY times. 

Like to spend the night at a nice full service hotel a couple or so hours away from FLL the night before to break up the trip. Then drive down in the morning.  

The port terminal parking works best for us.  We drive to the area to drop of luggage.  The porter takes our luggage and we park at the terminal.  

When we return, a porter takes our luggage to the car.

Never waiting for suttles is a big PLUS to us.  :classic_cool:

Are the directions to the parking garage pretty easy to navigate or are the police helpful with telling you where to go?

Edited by duegwb

7 minutes ago, duegwb said:

Are the directions to the parking garage pretty easy to navigate or are the police helpful with telling you where to go?

The staff at the security booth will direct you to your terminal plus there are large signs at each entrance with the names of the ships and their terminals for that day.

The garages and parking lots don't fill up because you are arriving after the ship has disembarked the passengers that had parked in the very garage or parking lot for their cruise.  Just don't arrive before 10:30 or so.  At that time you will find plenty of spaces.

• Like 1

duegwb - I should add that the Port Everglades website (www.porteverglades.net) has a ship schedule updated 7 days in advance that will give you the terminal number for your ship.  There is also a good map of the port on that site plus parking information.

• Like 1

as Capriccio has mentioned, the system is pretty well thought out. Knowing which terminal / slip your cruise departs is key. If you don't have that info, the guards at the gate can advise.

Signage for the garages is color coded, several have walkways to the terminals.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bringing up this old thread but.  I'm doing a 21 day cruise in Sept and thinking about driving from NC.  Since it's such a long trip we usually like to start the day before and stop for the night a couple hrs north of PE.   Usually do shorter cruises and park right at the port for convenience but 21 days gets pretty expensive.   I know most people recommend ParkNGo but they say they are all Valet service now so you have to leave your keys and DW won't do that.

Are there any other highly recommended self park options close to the port?  I have seen a couple of websites touting reserved parking at area hotel but not sure these booking sites are reputable.   Looking for advise.

10 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Sorry for bringing up this old thread but.  I'm doing a 21 day cruise in Sept and thinking about driving from NC.  Since it's such a long trip we usually like to start the day before and stop for the night a couple hrs north of PE.   Usually do shorter cruises and park right at the port for convenience but 21 days gets pretty expensive.   I know most people recommend ParkNGo but they say they are all Valet service now so you have to leave your keys and DW won't do that.

Are there any other highly recommended self park options close to the port?  I have seen a couple of websites touting reserved parking at area hotel but not sure these booking sites are reputable.   Looking for advise.

www.sunny.org has a list of hotels offering parking packages - you might need to pay a fee for parking for more than 7-10 days but worth exploring.

• 2 weeks later...

We are driving and will be in port everglades in January 2022 at about 8:30 am-9:am and made a reservation, but will they have a shuttle available at that time to take us to the pier so we can wait there?  Are the shuttles free?

Also, we can go to the pier and then leave our luggage first and then go to park n go to park vehicle? 

Sorry first time for us!!  

Just now, mellon1 said:

We are driving and will be in port everglades in January 2022 at about 8:30 am-9:am and made a reservation, but will they have a shuttle available at that time to take us to the pier so we can wait there?  Are the shuttles free?

Also, we can go to the pier and then leave our luggage first and then go to park n go to park vehicle? 

Sorry first time for us!!  

I believe their website says the first shuttle is 11 am.   You really don't want to be at the port as early as you are planning on arriving.  Remember there are many people leaving the ship.  Generally they don't start taking luggage until probably 10 am.  You don't want your bags mixed up with the ones coming off the ship.   While you could probably drop your bags at the terminal then proceed to the off-site parking there is security to enter the port area you would have to go through.

I have an 11:30 check-in time at the ship.   I'm planning on getting to the parking lot at 10:30 leaving an hour to get to the port with my bags.