Tamarind

katfer

Can we use onboard credit to book Tamarind?  Just attempted on Hal site and it wanted a credit card. Is is safe to wait until onboard to book? Would love to hear your favorites at this restaurant......leave in * days...thanks...

You can't use OBC for advance booking if that's what you mean.  If you make reservation on the first day you should be able to find a slot.  My favorites are the Wasabi tenderloin and the wok-seared lobster. On the tenderloin you can get the wasabi on the side or omitted entirely. 

I sure wish HAL would change this and let us use OBC for dining reservations and tours.  I understand that some other lines allow it.  It sure would make life easier that first day when you board and have to run around booking things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catl331 said:

My favorites are the Wasabi tenderloin and the wok-seared lobster. On the tenderloin you can get the wasabi on the side or omitted entirely

My favorites too, leave the wasabi on the tenderloin, it is not over powering but adds something special. It is better than any steak in the PG. The sushi served is also first rate. Tamarind, IMHO, is the only HAL restaurant that is better than most land Asian theme restaurants and well worth the small upcharge. I would try to get reservations for more than one night.

The reason you can not use OBC for pre booking any tours or restaurants is technically it is not applied to your ship's account until you board. 

Edited by terrydtx

56 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I sure wish HAL would change this and let us use OBC for dining reservations and tours.  I understand that some other lines allow it.  It sure would make life easier that first day when you board and have to run around booking things.

With over $700 in OBC for a June cruise, I agree completely. I imagine it's simply too much of a challenge for the IT group.

8 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

With over $700 in OBC for a June cruise, I agree completely. I imagine it's simply too much of a challenge for the IT group.

The worse thing is when you have alot of OBC from HAL, but you REALLY want a specific tour, you have to purchase it with your money ahead of time, thus not using up any of the OBC.  This happened on our last cruise and thus we ended up not effectively using up our OBC. 

HAL - if you are listening - PLEASE change this.  The current situation makes me reconsider booking any cruise with alot of OBC as promotions, rather I will look for base fare pricing. 

39 minutes ago, katfer said:

Is lunch available in Tamarind...I had read somewhere it was...

It was available a few years ago but it is not offered now. I believe you can order Bento Box lunches from the Tamarind but I do not remember the cost (and I'm not 100% sure that they are still doing this). 

30 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

It was available a few years ago but it is not offered now. I believe you can order Bento Box lunches from the Tamarind but I do not remember the cost (and I'm not 100% sure that they are still doing this). 

The Bento Box from the Tamarind is available through Room Service from 5:30 - 9:30 PM:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Room-Service-and-Breakfast-Card.pdf

FWIW it took nearly two hours for delivery when a friend ordered this on my Konigsdam cruise last December.