upgraded to extended balcony. Good decision?

bluejay555

I'd love to see pics of extended balconies.  We were offered an upgrade to switch from balcony to extended balcony on the Miracle.  I went for it bc I see it's 20 sq ft bigger and with as much as the 4 of us spend on our balcony we could use the extra room!   But on the other hand, I was reluctant because I had to go up 2 floors (from 6 to 8 )  and I really prefer to be lower to the water.  I am not a fan of heights at all.  Hoping the bigger size is worth it!  I'm hoping your pics and/or reviews of them will get me excited and knowing I made the right decision!   Thank you!  

You made the right decision.

I don’t have photos, but I would say the extended balcony would be worth it for a group of 4.  (I don’t think it was really worth it for just the 2 of us, however.) 

A difference of 2 floors isn’t significant.  It’s not going to feel much, if any, different being on Deck 8 as opposed to Deck 6. 

We've had extended and Aft Wrap (9C) for "just" me and my hubby. LOVED IT!! We're worth it, and enjoyed the extra room!!  Each day we could be in the sun or shade (with both of these balconies). 

🌸🌸 Bobbi

• Like 1

Our first ever balcony was an extended balcony on the Miracle, 7th deck.  The extra 2 feet allowed us to host another couple with drinks and light snacks.  For the rest of the time it was great to stretch out and lay out since one of your chairs adjusts to a horizontal position.  Ever since then we've been on a standard balcony size & really feels "cramped."  There was just my wife & I each time.  Extended balcony is a great upgrade in my opinion.

Thanks everyone for your comments!  I feel like I made the right decision.  We spend mornings and evenings out there just watching the waves so I bet we will end up loving it.  Thanks PCVTmom for posting a picture.  It's not showing up for me at the moment but I appreciate you taking time to post!  

If you want the longer extended bowling alley you need to book a far out as possible. They are the same price as the regular extended balcony but are triple length. Room 6232 is the only one that accommodates 4 people. 7258 and 8232 hold 2 passengers. I really love these!

On 3/17/2019 at 12:28 AM, Markmom18 said:

We've had extended and Aft Wrap (9C) for "just" me and my hubby. LOVED IT!! We're worth it, and enjoyed the extra room!!  Each day we could be in the sun or shade (with both of these balconies). 

🌸🌸 Bobbi

We booked our first 9C on the Breeze this November. Never had aft cabin or a wrap before. 

59 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Room 7258 on the Miracle. Best balconies imho.

We agree. We've had that balcony every time we've been on a Spirit class ship. And will have it again on the Legend out of Tampa, Jan 2020 B2B. Nice place to have friends visit.  🙂

Edited by tandemcruzr
Add date

We had the bowling alley balcony as well on the Miracle.  Cabin 6232 pictured above.  120 sq ft of outside bliss. Check out the deck plans to see if any of those are available, they cost the same as a 'regular' extended balcony but give you so much more than the 20 extra sq ft.  We booked the same cabin on the Legend when it comes to Tampa this winter. 

1 hour ago, Micah's Grandad said:

And the cost for the larger balcony. Too me if I cannot put a lounge chair out there not worth the extra cost. 

The cost for the 'bowling alley' balcony is the same as for all the 8K balconies, but is 3 times longer and a lounger or 2 will fit. See post 10 in this thread.  🙂

Edited by tandemcruzr
Clarification

50 minutes ago, ugagal07 said:

We had the bowling alley balcony as well on the Miracle.  Cabin 6232 pictured above.  120 sq ft of outside bliss. Check out the deck plans to see if any of those are available, they cost the same as a 'regular' extended balcony but give you so much more than the 20 extra sq ft.  We booked the same cabin on the Legend when it comes to Tampa this winter. 

Actually it's 180 sq feet of bliss! Friends book nearby insides and come hang out.

On 3/18/2019 at 2:57 PM, n6uqqq said:

Room 7258 on the Miracle. Best balconies imho.

20181105_072524_resized.jpg

We have 7258 booked on Spirit for our Honolulu to Vancouver cruise next year.  My SIL and niece are in a cabin across the hall so we wanted a balcony big enough for all of us.  I think this one will do nicely.  🙂 

19 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

We have 7258 booked on Spirit for our Honolulu to Vancouver cruise next year.  My SIL and niece are in a cabin across the hall so we wanted a balcony big enough for all of us.  I think this one will do nicely.  🙂 

Yeah, i always get the interior room directly across for my daughter and she comes over to enjoy the balcony.

• Like 1