Premium beverage package include water & coffees

cruiseallways

I Just found this on their website or is this incorrect

he Premium Plus Beverage Package (ages 21 & older)
Also available as an upgrade on board

$128.00 USDper person per day

Beverage Package

ITEM #: PPB

If getting in touch with your more decadent side is on the agenda, then this is for you. Our Premium Plus Beverage Package includes the widest selection of beverages by the glass, such as Veuve Clicquot, Patrón Añejo, The Macallan Quest and more. Enjoy all beverages by the glass throughout your cruises including unlimited soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and select bottles of wine with dinner, plus, still and sparkling water, energy drinks, and specialty coffee!

Prepaid @ $128.00 USD per person per day plus 20% gratuity and beverage service charge.

Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

Individuals under the age of 21 will be required to purchase the Soda Program.

For a full list of beverages, click here.

NCL is on a different planet, i guess they have to in order to compete with RCL and CCL.  I would love to hear from anyone who will pay $1,075 for drinks on a 7 day cruise.   I am all for the drink package but struggle to pay at $50 per day.  If you have it, go for it  

4 minutes ago, Luke Dawg said:

NCL is on a different planet, i guess they have to in order to compete with RCL and CCL.  I would love to hear from anyone who will pay $1,075 for drinks on a 7 day cruise.   I am all for the drink package but struggle to pay at $50 per day.  If you have it, go for it  

Yea, that's more than the cruise fare itself per person in many cases. I'd love to see how many people have actually been foolish enough to pay for this .  That premium package drink would be like $4600 for my wife and I on my upcoming 15 day Panama Canal cruise for that package in theory ..... That's hilarious. LOL! 

2 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Yea, that's more than the cruise fare itself per person in many cases. I'd love to see how many people have actually been foolish enough to pay for this .  That premium package drink would be like $4600 for my wife and I on my upcoming 15 day Panama Canal cruise for that package in theory ..... That's hilarious. LOL! 

Great point - I always felt I was subsidizing the cost of others by buying the package for my wife and I, I really can't get my head around this price.  

The UBP is almost always free with every booking... for the first two in a cabin. 

They are simply allowing you to pay $29/person/day to upgrade that further for a "premium" experience... which includes drinks over $15 and water and coffee. Personally, I wouldn't do it. There's plenty of coffee on the ship for free and I never felt the need for a bottle of water.

As for the drinks over $15... NCL only charges you the extra amount plus tax and tip over $15 anyways. So, to get my monies worth out of the $29/day, I'd need to drink more than five $21 drinks per day... for 7 days... or 35 drinks.

I'm sure I could easily accomplish that... but I can easily stick to the cheaper spirits for free as well.

5 minutes ago, newty25 said:

The UBP is almost always free with every booking... for the first two in a cabin. 

They are simply allowing you to pay $29/person/day to upgrade that further for a "premium" experience... which includes drinks over $15 and water and coffee. Personally, I wouldn't do it. There's plenty of coffee on the ship for free and I never felt the need for a bottle of water.

As for the drinks over $15... NCL only charges you the extra amount plus tax and tip over $15 anyways. So, to get my monies worth out of the $29/day, I'd need to drink more than five $21 drinks per day... for 7 days... or 35 drinks.

I'm sure I could easily accomplish that... but I can easily stick to the cheaper spirits for free as well.

I wish the package is free, you pay a higher price for the cabin with pkg vs. w/o.  There will be a breaking point and it is coming sooner than later.  Holland is now experimenting with charging for second main course.  It will all go ala carte or purchasing meal plans like at Disney.  They want predicable revenue and this is the way to do it

3 minutes ago, Luke Dawg said:

I wish the package is free, you pay a higher price for the cabin with pkg vs. w/o.  There will be a breaking point and it is coming sooner than later.  Holland is now experimenting with charging for second main course.  It will all go ala carte or purchasing meal plans like at Disney.  They want predicable revenue and this is the way to do it

true, but as tallnthensome pointed out... there's a lot of value in a free UBP deal that comes with that more expensive stateroom.

2 hours ago, cruiseallways said:

Ok so we got the beverage package as a perk and your saying no water or sparkling water is not included 

my husband doesn’t drink alcohol only t sparkling water 

so what to do bring our own

You aren't allowed to bring on soda or water with NCL only your two bottles of wine (which they charge you a $15 corkage fee)   You are probably better off paying the gratuity on the beverage package even if only drinking sparling water from the bars. 

4 hours ago, Luke Dawg said:

For some cruises, the cost is more if you take the perks....but not always. 

5 hours ago, Jembeccatoo said:

This is an upgrade of the old Ultimate Beverage Package ( now called the Premium Beverage Package). The Premium Plus does include bottled waters and LaVazza coffee. It also eliminates the $15 max per drink.

Incorrect.

The Premium beverage package is the Ultimate Beverage Package. 

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-beverage-package.pdf

The Premium PLUS package includes the waters and coffees. https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-plus-beverage-package.pdf

If getting in touch with your more decadent side is on the agenda, then this is for you. Our Premium Plus Beverage Package includes the widest selection of beverages by the glass, such as Veuve Clicquot, Patrón Añejo, The Macallan Quest and more. Enjoy all beverages by the glass throughout your cruises including unlimited soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and select bottles of wine with dinner, plus, still and sparkling water, energy drinks, and specialty coffee!

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, rachiem said:

When we booked our cruise last year (for this May) with the UBP,  my invoice states that it included Lavazza coffee with meals.

Will they still honour this when we cruise in May?

From what I’ve read on these boards, the rules are different for passengers from the U.K. than they are for those in the US. You probably do get the LaVazza coffee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rachiem said:

When we booked our cruise last year (for this May) with the UBP,  my invoice states that it included Lavazza coffee with meals.

Will they still honour this when we cruise in May?

UK bookings are "all-inclusive" so those have the Premium Plus Beverage Package 

• Like 1

I was on the phone with NCL yesterday regarding this and this is what they said:

The Premium Plus is only available on short 3-6 day cruises, like my wife who's going on the Sky to Cuba in May.  5 Days, and used the Premium Plus as on of the Free at Sea, since it's an Open Bar cruise.  So this is only available on Open Bar cruises....

The Premium Plus package is NOT available on 7 day or longer cruises, like we're going on the Breakaway in August,7 day from Miami.  The Premium Beverage Package (formerly known as UBP) is the ONLY beverage package available on these sailings.

Just what I've heard from them, not sure if anyone else has any other info.  I would consider upgrading just for the Champagne and higher priced liquors, but unfortunately, we are unable to do so.

22 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

UK bookings are "all-inclusive" so those have the Premium Plus Beverage Package 

That is incorrect, in the UK we get the UBP (now Premium Beverage package) with the addition of coffee and juice with meals, we also have all DSC and beverage gratuities included in the ticket price.

It's marketed as "all-inclusive" but we still have the $15 limit on drinks so it's the UBP and not the "plus" package and the card is marked "UBP+C+J" (my card last Sunday).

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

That is incorrect, in the UK we get the UBP (now Premium Beverage package) with the addition of coffee and juice with meals, we also have all DSC and beverage gratuities included in the ticket price.

It's marketed as "all-inclusive" but we still have the $15 limit on drinks so it's the UBP and not the "plus" package and the card is marked "UBP+C+J" (my card last Sunday).

Thanks for clarifying....... I spoke to an NCL rep and that was their abbreviated explanation. 

I was hoping to upgrade to the Premium Plus on our European cruise in May.  I've already paid the "gratuity*" on the free beverage package, so another $34.80 ($29 + 20% gratuity) would bring my all-in price to $52.62 for ALL drinks -- which is about what Carnival's Cheers! package would cost me.

*I only paid 18% gratuity on the UBP because we booked this cruise so long ago.

3 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

I was on the phone with NCL yesterday regarding this and this is what they said:

The Premium Plus is only available on short 3-6 day cruises, like my wife who's going on the Sky to Cuba in May.  5 Days, and used the Premium Plus as on of the Free at Sea, since it's an Open Bar cruise.  So this is only available on Open Bar cruises....

The Premium Plus package is NOT available on 7 day or longer cruises, like we're going on the Breakaway in August,7 day from Miami.  The Premium Beverage Package (formerly known as UBP) is the ONLY beverage package available on these sailings.

Just what I've heard from them, not sure if anyone else has any other info.  I would consider upgrading just for the Champagne and higher priced liquors, but unfortunately, we are unable to do so.

I'm not sure this is accurate. We are getting ready to go on an 11-day Panama Canal cruise, and in my messages on myNCL, there's one about the beverage package, and it specifically says that I will have the option to upgrade to the Premium Plus once on board. 

Also I think on these boards several people have recently been on 7-day (or longer) cruises and have mentioned it as an option once on board.

I too, love some bubbly so that may make me consider the upgrade.....  🙂