Port Everglades area hotels

DaisyDeb83

My sister and I are sailing on the Sky Princess in April 2020 from Port Everglades.  We are flying in the day before since we live in separate states and will need a decent hotel near Port Everglades.  Ideally we would like the hotel to have transportation to the port provided by the hotel but we are willing to take a taxi if need be.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for any help.  

If you look down the board there are dozens of threads discussing hotels. A very common recommendation is to check www.sunny.org, which is a website that lists all the Ft Lauderdale hotels with their amenities, like shuttles.

It is also commonly recommended here not to overly focus on shuttles, as the distances are pretty short, and taxis and Uber are plentiful and very reasonable in price.

Another very common recommendation is to stay in the 17th Street area, being close to the port, many hotels and restaurants. We like the Embassy Suites, which recommended here frequently, and is located on 17th.

• Thanks 1

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

What is your budget and what day/date are searching?  Do you prefer a hotel near the airport, near the port, by the beach or downtown? Any other special requests?  Twelve + months out is still too early for most hotels to be accepting reservations. 

Edited by capriccio
  • Thanks 1

We like Hyatt Place 17th Street Convention center...great location right next to the Harbor Shopping center with a Publix market shops and our favorite place to eat Duffy's, and offer's a shuttle from FLL to their hotel $2.00 per room ...They also have a shuttle to the port but using Uber might be a cheaper, quicker, easier option.

Way to early for booking but toward the end of this year you might want to book using ValueTrips...we've always gotten our best rate booking with them.

Best of luck and enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Agreeing with Ashland.  Hyatt Place 17th street is close to shopping for buying your bottle of wine and also for eats.  The free breakfast is just OK IMO but the coffee is good.  $2.00  shuttle from the airport to the hotel.  They use a third party for hotel to terminal at $8.00 per person.

We just stayed there 2 weeks ago.  The staff is friendly and eager to please.  We had a first floor room near the parking lot that we should have requested be changed.  After I reviewed them on TripAdvisor the manager commented that we should have complained and they would have moved us.  Overall the place is clean and convenient.  We booked thru booking dot com but lots of others use valuetrips.  There has been lots of comments on using them so just be aware to prevent any apprehensions.

• Thanks 1

I didn't mention the free breakfast because it now varies with who you book you're reservation with.

Sorry you stayed on the first floor and didn't ask for an upper floor....they would have easily done this for you.

I am booked again for October and no trouble getting a response from ValueTrips although it did take 3 weeks and they apologized in my confirmation....confirmed directly with Hyatt Place and I'm good to go.

• Haha 1

April can be pricey depending upon how close you are to Easter.  Lots of Hotels in the 17th street area in a variety of price ranges.  Don't focus on shuttles - Uber and Lyft are easy and cheap.

• Thanks 1

Remember to book directly with the hotel instead a third party like booking .com or hotels.com. I made the mistake of booking through one of those sites and I found out just weeks before the cruise that my confirmation number didn't exist according to the hotel. We had to scramble to find another hotel and it cost more to stay there.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, funkyfaces said:

Remember to book directly with the hotel instead a third party like booking .com or hotels.com. I made the mistake of booking through one of those sites and I found out just weeks before the cruise that my confirmation number didn't exist according to the hotel. We had to scramble to find another hotel and it cost more to stay there.

If you do use a third party you need to call the hotel before arriving there and confirm it with them.  We used one of the mentioned third parties and had no issues with the our reservation.  I also prepaid our stay so as not to be moved to a secondary site.  I think we may have only saved less than $40 and I probably would book direct with the hotel in the future.  It's possible I would have had a better located room? 

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2019 at 3:52 PM, Ashland said:

I didn't mention the free breakfast because it now varies with who you book you're reservation with.

Sorry you stayed on the first floor and didn't ask for an upper floor....they would have easily done this for you.

I am booked again for October and no trouble getting a response from ValueTrips although it did take 3 weeks and they apologized in my confirmation....confirmed directly with Hyatt Place and I'm good to go.

Valuetrips is notorious for being slow with their confirmations, among other things (like their dodgy-looking website). And yet we've used them twice with no issues apart from the time it takes to get our confirmation, and will use them again for our next cruise if the price is right.

The Hyatt Place 17th St Convention Center is our regular hotel when cruising out of Fort Lauderdale.  They are right across from a selection of restaurants and a Publix grocery store.  The Sun Trolley stops in front of the grocery store and takes you down to the beach for a dollar or two.  They provide shuttle from the airport to their hotel for $2 and shuttle to the cruise port for $8 a person.  VERY close to the cruise port.  I recommend booking directly with the hotel on their website and joining the hyatt rewards program--free and easy.  Once you join the rewards program you get free internet and free breakfast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, tourismtessy said:

The Hyatt Place 17th St Convention Center is our regular hotel when cruising out of Fort Lauderdale.  They are right across from a selection of restaurants and a Publix grocery store.  The Sun Trolley stops in front of the grocery store and takes you down to the beach for a dollar or two.  They provide shuttle from the airport to their hotel for $2 and shuttle to the cruise port for $8 a person.  VERY close to the cruise port.  I recommend booking directly with the hotel on their website and joining the hyatt rewards program--free and easy.  Once you join the rewards program you get free internet and free breakfast.

What does the Hyatt serve for breakfast?  More like the Embassy Suites or a Hampton Inn?

29 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

What does the Hyatt serve for breakfast?  More like the Embassy Suites or a Hampton Inn?

More like a Hampton Inn.  Mostly continental breakfast but if my memory serves me correctly, they also have eggs and such.  

• Like 1

The breakfast at the Hyatt isn't as 'good' as the one at ES.  At ES you could get eggs made to order at HP they are placed out in a bowl.  I guess you get what you pay for, the coffee was pretty decent though. 

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Thanks guys.  Pretty much what I figured.  I'll stick with E/S.

As long as I have a rental car I'll stay at HP (much cheaper parking at HP & nicer rooms) I'll drive to my two favorite breakfast places instead...Lester's Diner & Grandpa's Bakery.