How much is 2A to A2 upgrade worth to you?

RealDeal

No more than $25-30 per day per person for us. We choose Aqua mainly for Blu, because we don't care for the MDR. However, since we can eat in specialty dining every night for $30 a day, we would rather do that than Aqua if the price is comparable, at least on S class ships. On M class, where there are fewer specialty choices, we might pay a little more for AQ.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RealDeal said:

Thanks, Alsmez. That's my dilemma. We're at just over $25pp per day as the differential. Just not sure if it's worth it.   

We love Blu for breakfast, but neither of us are impressed with the dinners. Prefer the MDR

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, awhfy said:

We love Blu for breakfast, but neither of us are impressed with the dinners. Prefer the MDR

That's my dilemma. Frankly, I'm not all that impressed w/the specialty restaurants (except Lawn Club), so wondering how much I'm going to prefer Blu over MDR, if at all. We are not Persian Garden ppl & frankly we're fine w/the buffet for breakfast. This all being said, I guess we won't know til we try it.

Appreciate the responses. 

Not sure that I would do it.  Tried Aqua class once. Blu was good. Eating in a smaller room is very nice. However, I prefer the food offerings in the MDR.  Got one bottle of water each. Never got any more water. The shower had more jets which I did not use. Also, I did not like the location of the aqua class cabins.  I would stay in your 2A cabin.

18 hours ago, 39august said:

Where can you eat in specialty for $30 per day? Murano is $50 pp, Tuscan $45 and LPC is $55. We lliked Blu but would not pay more than $150 pp for the entire cruise. 

Book a speciality package in advance

On 3/21/2019 at 9:58 AM, RealDeal said:

That's my dilemma. Frankly, I'm not all that impressed w/the specialty restaurants (except Lawn Club), so wondering how much I'm going to prefer Blu over MDR, if at all. We are not Persian Garden ppl & frankly we're fine w/the buffet for breakfast. This all being said, I guess we won't know til we try it.

Appreciate the responses. 

Which ship? We don't love Lawn Club either, so on our last Silhouette cruise we did Murano four nights, Tuscan Grill once, Sushi on 5 once and the MDR once. The MDR experience was pretty bad - very lackluster food and slow, inept service. The specialty restaurants or Blu are an upgrade over the MDR for service whether you prefer the food or not.

As for the food in Blu versus the MDR, there is really no comparison. Blu is a restaurant; the MDR is a banquet hall. Blu serves higher-quality meals that are cooked to order (and are therefore more customizable). However, Blu's menu may not be to everyone's taste, and certainly if you are a meat and potatoes kind of person you may not care for Blu's offerings. 

At the price you have been offered it would be a tough decision for me too - while we like the Persian Gardens, we also prefer the buffet for breakfast so the only real consideration is dinnertime dining. For me it would come down to what options for specialty dining are on your ship, and the preferences of any sailing companions. We have AQ booked on Solstice next year because we are traveling with my parents and I don't think they will want to do specialty every night.

13 hours ago, Alsmez said:

Which ship? We don't love Lawn Club either, so on our last Silhouette cruise we did Murano four nights, Tuscan Grill once, Sushi on 5 once and the MDR once. The MDR experience was pretty bad - very lackluster food and slow, inept service. The specialty restaurants or Blu are an upgrade over the MDR for service whether you prefer the food or not.

As for the food in Blu versus the MDR, there is really no comparison. Blu is a restaurant; the MDR is a banquet hall. Blu serves higher-quality meals that are cooked to order (and are therefore more customizable). However, Blu's menu may not be to everyone's taste, and certainly if you are a meat and potatoes kind of person you may not care for Blu's offerings. 

At the price you have been offered it would be a tough decision for me too - while we like the Persian Gardens, we also prefer the buffet for breakfast so the only real consideration is dinnertime dining. For me it would come down to what options for specialty dining are on your ship, and the preferences of any sailing companions. We have AQ booked on Solstice next year because we are traveling with my parents and I don't think they will want to do specialty every night.

Thanks. It's the Eclipse. LCG is the only specialty we like, so if we downgraded to balcony, we would just stick w/MDR. It's only a 7-night cruise, so not a big deal. I think we're going to stick with aqua for now & would only downgrade if the price differential becomes too great to pass up.

On 3/21/2019 at 9:51 AM, awhfy said:

Did you realize that you can view the MDR menu in Blu and choose which entrees you want between the two yet still get the intimate experience of BLU.

On 3/23/2019 at 11:11 AM, RealDeal said:

Thanks. It's the Eclipse. LCG is the only specialty we like, so if we downgraded to balcony, we would just stick w/MDR. It's only a 7-night cruise, so not a big deal. I think we're going to stick with aqua for now & would only downgrade if the price differential becomes too great to pass up.

17 minutes ago, ckgator said:

Did you realize that you can view the MDR menu in Blu and choose which entrees you want between the two yet still get the intimate experience of BLU.

Yes, I knew that, thanks.