Activity Cards

ziggyuk

We were off the Jade last week, while on board they had activity cards which you asked the entertainment team to sign after each activity like trivia, Jenga, origami, dance class, shuffleboard etc etc.

On the last day of the cruise you could exchange the cards for NCL shirts, NCL glass mug/tankard and other small items, we save loads (think we collected about 12 cards of 20 signatures each) and collected 3 NCL glass tankards, 2 NCL shirts and 2 NCL fold up nylon frisbee/fans.

Is this a new think as it did not happen last November on The Jewel and if it is new, does anyone know if it is fleet wide or just a Jade thing?

I know we were initially told a shirt cost 2 cards and a tankard cost 3 cards but when we came to exchange them they had gone up to 3 cards for a shirt and 4 for a mug/tankard, they apparently they gave too many things away on the previous cruise so they decreased the value.

2 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

We were off the Jade last week, while on board they had activity cards which you asked the entertainment team to sign after each activity like trivia, Jenga, origami, dance class, shuffleboard etc etc.

On the last day of the cruise you could exchange the cards for NCL shirts, NCL glass mug/tankard and other small items, we save loads (think we collected about 12 cards of 20 signatures each) and collected 3 NCL glass tankards, 2 NCL shirts and 2 NCL fold up nylon frisbee/fans.

Is this a new think as it did not happen last November on The Jewel and if it is new, does anyone know if it is fleet wide or just a Jade thing?

I know we were initially told a shirt cost 2 cards and a tankard cost 3 cards but when we came to exchange them they had gone up to 3 cards for a shirt and 4 for a mug/tankard, they apparently they gave too many things away on the previous cruise so they decreased the value.

I guess it's something new...cool...but having the value change mid cruise is typical NCL LOL

17 hours ago, www3traveler said:

I have had activity cards for years-- never turn them in for prizes.

12 hours ago, Gershep said:

Not new been going on for years. They used to have better prizes.

Thanks, I must have missed it in the past, I will make sure I make a point to ask next time.

They were making quite an effort to remind everyone after each activity on this cruise.

Most staff were only giving 1/2 signatures, we got to know one guy very well as we were often the only people taking part and he became very generous, the DJ who did the music trivia was best, he would often complete a card.

5 years ago got coffee mugs for 35 signatures, last week on the Jewel it required 100.  No one was giving out more than one signature unless you were on the winning team, got 2.  Was also told that two years ago NCL was prohibited by another cruise company from doing name that tune,a copywrite infringement.  Missed that.  For all our efforts we got a frisbee (20) and a deck of cards (30).  Think next time I will give ours to someone else.  For 70 you could get a key chain.  Wahoo.

7 hours ago, mugtech said:

5 years ago got coffee mugs for 35 signatures, last week on the Jewel it required 100.  No one was giving out more than one signature unless you were on the winning team, got 2.  Was also told that two years ago NCL was prohibited by another cruise company from doing name that tune,a copywrite infringement.  Missed that.  For all our efforts we got a frisbee (20) and a deck of cards (30).  Think next time I will give ours to someone else.  For 70 you could get a key chain.  Wahoo.

On the last day the DJ completed one card and gave a second with 20 signatures on it to everyone who took part in the music trivia, we were lucky a couple of others gave us their cards so we did rather well with 8 completed cards from that activity alone. 😎

Activity cards have been around for years. Gifts are getting cheaper but it is fun to get anything. Years ago went on RCL. Our group got a medal for winning trivia. Brother just went on a RCL and got a medal. No change for them.

Much better to get a mug, a shirt, keychain, etc.

On 3/22/2019 at 5:14 AM, mugtech said:

OMG, really not worth it for those prizes!