The upgrade fairy 🧚‍♀️ came for me

Hop77

I am so excited even though it will be nearly 300days before sailing off. It is a 5N Christmas cruise. Unknowingly, I booked and paid for GS guarantee. Only discovered it when I called to ask why I don’t see my cabin number. It has been only a mth ago that I made my ultimate decision to spend my hard earn cash on a GS, I received my room number. Guess what, they give me a Grand loft suite. I am still holding my breath. I hope that RC won’t change their mind and took it away. They will not do that right? Is it confirm mine?

Then I saw that it is a STAR class. Does this mean I am also upgraded together with the perks? From SKY to STAR??? Please tell me yes, pleaseeeee!! The perks are really extensive for STAR class. 

By by the way, I will be on Quantum Of The Seas, sailing from Singapore. 

Edited by Hop77
  • Like 1

@RFerrington I didn't know about the suite classes so I did a quick search. @Hop77 Are you sure you aren't confused?

"

What is the Royal Suite Class?

As part of the Royal Caribbean commitment to creating unforgettable vacation experiences for our guests, we have developed Royal Suite Class — Luxury That’s Anything But Boring. Royal Suite Class is an elevated onboard experience for suite guests, combining the unmatched range of innovative Royal Caribbean suite-category accommodations with superior service, exclusive access and personalization of guests’ cruise experiences. Within its three tiers — Star, Sky and Sea — this program offers exclusive access to lounges and dining venues while onboard, attentive services and additional stateroom amenities.

Royal Suite Class is available on Symphony of the SeasOasis of the SeasAllure of the SeasHarmony of the SeasAnthem of the Seas and Ovation of the Seas (Singapore and Sydney departures only)." Doesn't mention Quantum.

3 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

@RFerrington I didn't know about the suite classes so I did a quick search. @Hop77 Are you sure you aren't confused?

"Royal Suite Class is available on Symphony of the SeasOasis of the SeasAllure of the SeasHarmony of the SeasAnthem of the Seas and Ovation of the Seas (Singapore and Sydney departures only)." Doesn't mention Quantum.

While that might be true now, the fact that the OP is sailing AFTER Quantum's dry dock and move out of the China market may change things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

"

What is the Royal Suite Class?

As part of the Royal Caribbean commitment to creating unforgettable vacation experiences for our guests, we have developed Royal Suite Class — Luxury That’s Anything But Boring. Royal Suite Class is an elevated onboard experience for suite guests, combining the unmatched range of innovative Royal Caribbean suite-category accommodations with superior service, exclusive access and personalization of guests’ cruise experiences. Within its three tiers — Star, Sky and Sea — this program offers exclusive access to lounges and dining venues while onboard, attentive services and additional stateroom amenities.

Royal Suite Class is available on Symphony of the SeasOasis of the SeasAllure of the SeasHarmony of the SeasAnthem of the Seas and Ovation of the Seas (Singapore and Sydney departures only)." Doesn't mention Quantum.

Thanks thanks. I did look it up too but during the travel fair held by RC Singapore, their Quantum pamphlet mentions the different royal suite class, and when my cabin was assigned, I refer to their advertised pamphlet to check if this cabin is indeed under the STAR class. I am so excited. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gerif said:

While it is possible they could change, it is highly improbable. Congratulations. You will have a wonderful trip. 

I really hope that RC won’t be so cruel to announce the top prize and then take it away. The 4 of us are really really breathless. If they have assigned the sky loft and then later changed it back to a grand suite, I just feel upset  but since the perks are the same, sky class, not a big deal, vacation will still be wonderful. But now we are talking about the STAR class, I can’t help feeling I won the lottery. OMG!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Sorry.  Missed that in the original post.  Yes...that should be a SC suite and the OP should get the Genie and all of the other SC amenities.  Congratulations !

So we shall have the perks? All the perks? OMG!!! I don’t care too much about the Genie but to dine in specialty resturants and have complimentary gratuities, refreshments package or whatever it is called, is hard to believe. In Asian, there is something called the Genting Dream cruise and is well-known to give cabin upgrade to suites easily. But only cabin upgrade, doesn’t comes with the perks of the cabin. So I am still wondering how it is working for RC. This will be my 4th sailing and I never get an upgrade before. RC did called me once to ask if I were like to top up $1000sgp for a Royal suite in the Voyager of the Seas but since the perks are the same, I declined. 

• Like 1

If this is truly a Star Class upgrade, as it would appear to be, you should receive all of the perks and amenities that go with it.  For North American itineraries, the Crown Loft Suite is a SC suite.  We just did B2B cruises in them...but with yours being an Asian itinerary I couldn’t be sure.  I know things aren’t exactly the same for the Asian itins. 

12 hours ago, RFerrington said:

If this is truly a Star Class upgrade, as it would appear to be, you should receive all of the perks and amenities that go with it.  For North American itineraries, the Crown Loft Suite is a SC suite.  We just did B2B cruises in them...but with yours being an Asian itinerary I couldn’t be sure.  I know things aren’t exactly the same for the Asian itins. 

Congratulations! Enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

I made a mistake in my previous post (#11).  I meant to say that a Grand Loft Suite is a Star Class Suite.  I mistakenly said that a Crown Loft Suite is SC but that not true.  CLS are Sky Class.  I think the OP was upgraded to a GLS which should be SC.  Sorry for the confusion. 

Congratulations!! What an AWESOME upgrade! I know you said you weren't interested in the genie but, they are wonderful! They will make all your reservations for you! There is no need to do any planning ahead. He or she will contact you a few weeks out & you just let them know what you want to do (shows & activities), where you want to eat (specialty restaurants) & they will take care of everything! It's actually the best perk of the suite! At first I felt the same way, thinking we wouldn't use them but, it was incredible! Congrats again & enjoy ALL the perks!!