Straws?

crash3x

23 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

I wasn’t speaking only of straws and I disagree it’s not a current management issue.

Every cruise line management is doing it. But hey if you want to think a different management would not do it , well dream on. 

I sailed on Disney last summer, I believe they were the first cruise line  to ban  plastic lids and straws, so kudos to them. Not sure why anyone would not want to mention cruise lines that have done this and are concerned about the environment. The banning of straws and lids ( since they have a free for all beverage station open 24/7) wa a non issue. Loads of kids, no spilled drinks, no carelessly unattended “left” drinks or blown over drinks. The only plastic lids provided are for hot drinks for safety. 

If you are unable to drink from a cup/glass and require a straw take one with you. 

20 minutes ago, Auburn1998 said:

Unfortunately all of this “feel good” banning of plastic straws will not affect the environment in any meaningful way. 

And you are, I assume, aware changes are done step by step which is the obvious response. 

But what the heck, don’t worry, someone else will take care if the issue for us and we can just continue doing everything we’ve been doing and all will be just fine. 

Den

• Like 1

Plastic straws use in industrialized nations such as the US or UK are not, I repeat NOT, a problem. Just another green scam for the gullible to rally around. Plastic straws are a convenience, while paper straws are all but useless. If you don't want to use plastic straws then don't, but do not try and dictate to responsible adults how to live their lives.  Plastic straws are a feel good non-issue for the crowd which believes the world will end in 12 years due to global warming (already discredited and changed to "climate change". The actual truth is that 95% of the plastic in the oceans are the result of 10 rivers located in Asia and Africa. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4970214/95-plastic-oceans-comes-just-TEN-rivers.html

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Denny01 said:

And you are, I assume, aware changes are done step by step which is the obvious response. 

And you are, I assume, aware changes are done step by step only help when the individual steps address the problem, which is the obvious response.