Straws?

crash3x

3 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Maybe we should clean dispose of those items or recycle them properly.  To use your logic, we should also ban all plastic tampons with plastic cases on cruise ships.  Good Luck with that.

Many ladies already understand the implications and respect and go above and beyond and place the plastic cartridges in the disposal boxes in workplace restrooms, public restrooms, hotel restoooms, and while on board as directed in the recycling boxes in the bathrooms.

But you STILL have NOT answered the Question of what do you do to your beaches, or for your Beaches in your state of MICHIGAN, to ensure that YOUR shores are kept clean of Beach Debris. Do Tell while you INSIST you are bringing PLASTIC STRAWS Onboard. 

8 minutes ago, MizDemeanor said:

Do Tell while you INSIST you are bringing PLASTIC STRAWS Onboard. 

Simple.  Because their better and eliminating plastic straws does not solve any problems.

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Simple.  Because their better and eliminating plastic starws does not solve any problems.

Why is drinking though a plastic straw necessary to sustain life/a good guest experience while a guest on a cruise ship,. Id like to undertand this concept if you are able to actually explain it coherently. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MizDemeanor said:

Why is drinking though a plastic straw necessary to sustain life/a good guest experience while a guest on a cruise ship,. Id like to undertand this concept if you are able to actually explain it coherently. 

....... stubbornness.... pigheadedness.....simple ignorance- nobody is as blind as those wo do not want to see... I could name more dear Mizdemeanour- don´t falter - every little thing helps to keep our oceans clean!

Of course thats all sounds like the proverbial drop of water at the hot stone- but still.

The only real solution for mother earth would be to eliminate the human race alltogether- but that is out of the question and a problem that solves itself in time- since said human race is about to eliminate itself from the planet. LOL.

I fear that topic will be closed pretty soon.

Edited by Germancruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

....... stubbornness.... pigheadedness.....simple ignorance- nobody is as blind as those wo do not want to see... I could name more dear Mizdemeanour- don´t falter - every little thing helps to keep our oceans clean!

Agree 100%   It's really confusing to me that some people just don't understand that plastic straws on Celebrity cruise ships are not a threat to the oceans.  If those people feel better if THEY don't use plastic straws, that's great but don't force your false beliefs on the rest of US.

I hold no ill will to those people, I will have plenty of plastics straws whenever I cruise and I am more than willing to share them with anyone.   The straws will be clean and sanitary because each straw is individually wrapped in plastic.

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

This is really nice, but the plastic straws from ships are not a problem for the oceans.

Yes, they definitely are.  All plastic waste is a problem for the oceans and the fish and animals that live in the oceans.  Have you not seen the articles of the whales that perished with tons of plastic waste in their stomachs, or the turtles with plastic straws stuck in their nostrils?  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

Yes, they definitely are.  All plastic waste is a problem for the oceans and the fish and animals that live in the oceans.  Have you not seen the articles of the whales that perished with tons of plastic waste in their stomachs, or the turtles with plastic straws stuck in their nostrils?  

Nope, sorry that's just not true.  Go back page or two and learn about the source of pollution in the oceans.

37 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Nope, sorry that's just not true.  Go back page or two and learn about the source of pollution in the oceans.

There isnt any one singular source, there are many sources. Even sitting on a Carribean beach with a plastic cup that flies away  in the breeze, or a water bottle that blows away or a bottle cap, or cigarettes that get flicked into the ocean, all of these things happen right here, it’s been going on for years and it’s called pollution. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

43 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Yes, I know and are that a LOT of the ocean pollution is coming from Asia and the countries, but you are foolish to even think that the cruise lines are not a contributing source to the problem.  EVERY little bit that is not thrown in the ocean helps.  MizDemeaner is absolutely correct, all of those thing happen everywhere, on cruise ships, on beaches, in rivers, and it is pollution.  Harmful to sea life and humans as well.

Edited by Phxazzcruisers
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

Yes, I know and are that a LOT of the ocean pollution is coming from Asia and the countries, but you are foolish to even think that the cruise lines are not a contributing source to the problem.  EVERY little bit that is not thrown in the ocean helps.  MizDemeaner is absolutely correct, all of those thing happen everywhere, on cruise ships, on beaches, in rivers, and it is pollution.  Harmful to sea life and humans as well.

I hope Celebrity eventually regains some common sense and revisits their decision.  Until then, it won't affect me or my friends because we will still be using plastic straws.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I hope Celebrity eventually regains some common sense and revisits their decision.  Until then, it won't affect me or my friends because we will still be using plastic straws.

Not likely as most of the rest of the word is not as selfish and inconsiderate as you obviously are.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

Maybe cruise ships should be eliminated.

15 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

Not likely as most of the rest of the word is not as selfish and inconsiderate as you obviously are.

Some people get it and some people don't.  In my neighborhood, many people don't recycle, because they think it is bs and no one can ever change their mind.  So, the best thing to do, is do what you feel is right and that little bit will make a difference.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

Really?  I think you need a reality check.  Environmental regulations in the US are far more strict than the most anywhere in the world.  Your efforts would be better focused on concentrating on the rest of the world until they catch up.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Really?  I think you need a reality check.  Environmental regulations in the US are far more strict than the most anywhere in the world.  Your efforts would be better focused on concentrating on the rest of the world until they catch up.

I am really done discussing with you.  I was always told whoever argues with a fool is a bigger fool, I am quite done.  Yes, the rest of the world needs to improve, but I, as well am many others feel that every little bit helps.  Go pee in your own pool.

• Like 4

Just now, Phxazzcruisers said:

I am really done discussing with you.  I was always told whoever argues with a fool is a bigger fool, I am quite done.  Yes, the rest of the world needs to improve, but I, as well am many others feel that every little bit helps.  Go pee in your own pool.

Excellent, I always like having the last word !  😀

8 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

It's really confusing to me that some people just don't understand that plastic straws on Celebrity cruise ships are not a threat to the oceans. 

6001st time - the issue is not that the straws are a direct threat to the oceans.  The issue is that straws are one of the endless number of plastic items that are taking up unnecessary space in landfills.  If eliminating straws on cruise ships helps in that effort (even if only by a teeny tiny amount), more power to it.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sascol said:

6001st time - the issue is not that the straws are a direct threat to the oceans.  The issue is that straws are one of the endless number of plastic items that are taking up unnecessary space in landfills.  If eliminating straws on cruise ships helps in that effort (even if only by a teeny tiny amount), more power to it.

I understand completely and agree with you.  Plastic straws are not a direct threat to the oceans.  You need to convince everyone that is trying to use polluting the oceans as an excuse for eliminating plastic straws.  So again for the 6001st time, the real is people trying to tell others what they need or don't need.  I many others object to trying to control choices for others without any tangible benefit. 

7 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I understand completely and agree with you.  Plastic straws are not a direct threat to the oceans.  You need to convince everyone that is trying to use polluting the oceans as an excuse for eliminating plastic straws.  So again for the 6001st time, the real is people trying to tell others what they need or don't need.  I many others object to trying to control choices for others without any tangible benefit. 

Read the link in post 91, in entirety. Then let’s talk. 

8 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I many others object to trying to control choices for others without any tangible benefit. 

The tangible benefit is not drinking with a single-use plastic item for 10 minutes and then having it sit in a landfill for 500 years. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chrispee said:

The tangible benefit is not drinking with a single-use plastic item for 10 minutes and then having it sit in a landfill for 500 years. 

That's not unique to plastic straws and landfills are part of a different discussion.  If that is really your concern perhaps you should focus on bigger items.

Your credibility was just shot to smithereens when you asked for a tangible benefit, and you received a simple and very succinct answer and rejected it in wholesale fashion along with some song and dance. 

You my ex future dinner partner are a troll. 

• Like 2