Straws?

crash3x

FYI. On board equinox now. 

The paper straws are more like hard laminated cardboard. They work fine and don’t get soggy. I just used one with my slush drink. No issues. My straws from home won’t be needed. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

FYI. On board equinox now. 

The paper straws are more like hard laminated cardboard. They work fine and don’t get soggy. I just used one with my slush drink. No issues. My straws from home won’t be needed. 

From my perspective, those cardboard things taste terrible and ruin drink.  I'll stick to wine and beer until they get something else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Sascol- I agree - I agree totaly. And we really don´t need straws. Anyway I dont get the problem- there are alternative staws- they  do not last that long- of course- but either drink up or order a new composable straw.

As I can read- some are going along with the idea of the  " Faked News" of that  " popular"  man who shows such tender love and care for our planet!

Finally someone who gets it.  :classic_laugh:

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

From my perspective, those cardboard things taste terrible and ruin drink.  I'll stick to wine and beer until they get something else.

I can't stand drinking wine out of those cardboard straws, either! They work ok to drink the whiskey at the bottom of a Boilermaker, however.

• Like 1

The MDR menu is limited for the Concierge luncheon, but I'm sure it's nice to have table service in a nice quiet place.

Don't tell anyone that the Mast Grill is open on embarkation day. We skipped the buffet for our first lunch and had cheeseburgers with grilled onions and fries. 

On 3/21/2019 at 10:04 PM, crash3x said:

Has Celebrity taken away straws like another Cruise line has.     I found it fun that unnamed cruise line I was just on had no straws to offer...I was prepared for that and bought a collapsible  to bring on board...down side  you have carry this drippy mess until you can locate (well hidden) restroom to rinse out , before you can put it away.     I found it funny that only 3 times during my cruise did I actually get a drink in a glass, they were always in plastic cups......I would rather a real glass and a tiny plastic straw.     I have tried paper ones but they get soggy fast and are useless.

What's the big deal about naming the other cruise line?

• Like 1

NCL stopped the plastic straws last spring when we sailed Getaway. 

Everyone needs to remember that cruise ships are a huge part of the sea have the potential to help or hurt and lines seem to have plans in place to respect the seas the marine life and the environment. 

For example: 

Celebrity Save the Waves 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/about-us/sustainability-efforts/save-the-waves

NCL has similar missions and has partnerships with multiple environmental groups. 

https://www.ncl.com/about/environmental-commitment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MizDemeanor said:

NCL stopped the plastic straws last spring when we sailed Getaway. 

Everyone needs to remember that cruise ships are a huge part of the sea have the potential to help or hurt and lines seem to have plans in place to respect the seas the marine life and the environment. 

For example: 

Celebrity Save the Waves 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/about-us/sustainability-efforts/save-the-waves

NCL has similar missions and has partnerships with multiple environmental groups. 

https://www.ncl.com/about/environmental-commitment

This is really nice, but the plastic straws from ships are not a problem for the oceans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

This is really nice, but the plastic straws from ships are not a problem for the oceans.

Well guess what, it doesn't matter what you might think the problems are for the oceans becasue both cruiselines have discountinued the use of plastic straws.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MizDemeanor said:

Well guess what, it doesn't matter what you might think the problems are for the oceans becasue both cruiselines have discountinued the use of plastic straws.

Not for me.  I'm bringing my own and they can throw my straws away.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Not for me.  I'm bringing my own and they can throw my straws away.

I'm sure they will dispose of them properly but with your approach I'd think you would simply chuck them overboard to spite the universe. Just because you can.  

Edited by MizDemeanor
  • Like 1

Just now, MizDemeanor said:

I'm sure they will dispose of them properly but with your approach I'd think you would simply chuck them overboard to spite the universe. Just because you can.  

Why slam me?  My objection is that people try to control others for things that really don't make a difference.  Nowhere did I ever endorse polluting the environment.  It's simple, just dispose or recycle the straws properly.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Why slam me?  My objection is that people try to control others for things that really don't make a difference.  Nowhere did I ever endorse polluting the environment.  It's simple, just dispose or recycle the straws properly.  

You suggest that the implementations are superflous and without merit because you don't like them or because you didn't make them, accept them, or agree to them. 

Get yourself a seat on The Board and become a Decision Maker for all of us. 😶

11 minutes ago, MizDemeanor said:

You suggest that the implementations are superflous and without merit because you don't like them or because you didn't make them, accept them, or agree to them. 

Or because they don't make any sense and don't add value.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I guess that you both like hypodermic needles and tampon cases and grocery bags floating on to your local beaches along with other Beach Debris. Forget the straws from cruise ships for Asia....Who in your beach world cleans that junk up on your local shores? Do you do it as a community or do you hide your head in the sand while someone else does it for you? 

Maybe your addresses are BS Crapola too. 

Edited by MizDemeanor

31 minutes ago, MizDemeanor said:

I guess that you both like hypodermic needles and tampon cases and grocery bags floating on to your local beaches along with other Beach Debris. Forget the straws from cruise ships for Asia....Who in your beach world cleans that junk up on your local shores? Do you do it as a community or do you hide your head in the sand while someone else does it for you? 

Maybe your addresses are BS Crapola too. 

Maybe we should clean dispose of those items or recycle them properly.  To use your logic, we should also ban all plastic tampons with plastic cases on cruise ships.  Good Luck with that.

For me,  I'll just bring my own plastic straws.  They come in boxes of 500 so I'm set for a while and I'll even bring some for you as a goodwill gesture.

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Like 3