Best Travel Agencies for HAL Good Pricing/Perks

jjeffjb

39 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

The one thing I avoid is to get a quote from a TA and then shop that quote to another TA.  Nor, do I try to play one TA off against another.  I do not disclose what any individual TA offers.  I will, however, shop a cruise line quote since all TA have access to that data.

So I'm clear.  When you are saying shop a cruise line quote are you referring to the cruise line directly?  If do you typically get a quote online or talk to a PCC directly or both?

Thank you

3 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

One big mistake...your  not developing a  long term relation with 1 agent ,who, in his own selfish best interest wants to keep you and will go to great lengths to keep you.       You have a LOT to loose  if your  a known low ball shopper willing to jump from  agent  to agent at the drop of a hat.... If your were an agent would you really want to give a guy a incredible deal  if you knew  he would cut your throat at the drop of a hat. 

Thats like getting married and the next day day...... you go looking for another wife to see if you can  do better AND telling your new bride your going to do so !!!..... If I were an agent busted my self to get you a killer deal and the next  cruise you jumped to another guy I would be and you would be ticked off ....if someone did that to you !       

LOYALTY  , long term Loyalty  bears fruit..... You may get some good deal  but  once you agent figures your going to jump at the drop of a hat to a competitor..!!!!!.  You have  screwed your self from ever getting  really great deals from that agent. ....you blew it  totally

Agents talk..... you might get a reputation  you do not want     Your taking short term profits at long term expense... and shooting your self in the foot.... maybe  2 feet.  Its going to catch up to you sooner than later and it wont be fun when it does. Playing both ends against  the middle is not good.

I respectfully disagree with most of what you have said.  Perhaps, thirty years ago, much of it would have been true.  But the world has changed and its especially true in the travel world.  "Loyalty" is a wonderful term that has no meaning in the travel world, be it with a cruise line who gives you loyalty perks or a cruise agent that sends you a cheap bottle of wine.  Nobody is "playing both ends against the middle" which I always thought was a silly saying with little real application.  Agencies are businesses and the good agencies will have some of the best deals and also have the best staff...or they may not survive.  I currently have 4 agencies on my personal "short list" of favored agencies of which two get most of my business.  Why?  Because they have some of the best deals, offer great service, and understand the industry.  If that changes tomorrow, I will not use that agency!  

The reality of high volume cruise agencies is that they work on volume!   For them the best client is one who spends a lot of money (books lots of cruises) and who does not need a lot of hand-holding (time is money).   Another of your misnomers is that an "agent busts" themselves to get a good deal.  My agents work for high volume agencies and the "deals" are negotiated by their bosses for all of their clients.  We do not get "special" treatment and we do not even play that game.  You can call or e-mail the agencies I use and get exactly the same deal.   On the other hand, I have only cancelled two booked cruises out of over 120 (one for a death in the family and the other for a new grandchild).   You will see other posters who routinely book 2, 4 or even 4 cruises with the intent of later canceling all but 1.  When we book a cruise it is only because we intend to actually take that cruise.  We are good for the agency because we demand very little...and they are good for us because they give us good deals.  Like most folks that are good at their craft they have no problem with competition because they plan on winning!  But while our #1 favorite agency usually has the best deals for any CCL company, they do not compete as well with RCI products (RCI, Celebrity and Azamara).  So when we book one of those lines our business usually goes to a different agency.

But let me tell you about this faux loyalty in the travel world.  We know, for sure, of one major mass market cruise line that will sometimes reward a first time cruiser with a free upgrade....that would never be given to their most loyal customers.  Why?  It is just business.  The line knows that the loyal cruiser is already hooked, so they spend their "capital" on a loyal customer.  Consider that the mass market cruise lines are simply about filling their berths.  Princess (not the largest) carried over 1.7 million cruisers in the past year!  HAL carried somewhat fewer passengers but still an awful lot of folks. When you cruise those lines  you are just 1 person out of many.  But HAL does a terrific job stroking folks egos with their cute lapel buttons and medallions.  I once teased an old HAL friend (who is a senior officer) about hoping they would keep the medallions but give me some free Internet.  So now, the Medallions are buried in the bottom of a storage box (I have no clue where) and I still have to pay for all my Internet (it is the only mass market line where we do not get some free Internet). 

Hank

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kantonburg said:

This is the difficulty I'm having.  Being new and trying to figure this stuff out.  I know you can't share that information, but how would you even find that information out?  Or how did you end up finding this person?

I asked some one who said they knew someone.

8 hours ago, kantonburg said:

So I'm clear.  When you are saying shop a cruise line quote are you referring to the cruise line directly?  If do you typically get a quote online or talk to a PCC directly or both?

Thank you

Talking to a PCC is the same thing as talking to a cruise line.  PCC's work directly for the cruise line.  A TA does not.  

When I said shop a cruise line quote I was trying to distinguish between a cruise line price and a price from a TA.   Any TA you deal with knows the cruise line price so there's no disclosure of confidential information.  I consider the quote provided by a TA confidential, it's between you and the TA.  You can negotiate with the TA, you can ask if that's their best offer, but I wouldn't ever tell one TA what another TA has offered.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Talking to a PCC is the same thing as talking to a cruise line.  PCC's work directly for the cruise line.  A TA does not.  

When I said shop a cruise line quote I was trying to distinguish between a cruise line price and a price from a TA.   Any TA you deal with knows the cruise line price so there's no disclosure of confidential information.  I consider the quote provided by a TA confidential, it's between you and the TA.  You can negotiate with the TA, you can ask if that's their best offer, but I wouldn't ever tell one TA what another TA has offered.  

That is exactly what I was trying to say.  You worded it a bit better.  So any TA will have access to HAL's pricing and offers?

I had mentioned in one of the threads I'm currently following.  At this point we are booked through HAL with a PCC.  It's us 4 and my mom going (5 total) which I know complicated things.  We are in a FB Ocean View room currently.  All 5 of us in one room.  Main Deck.  My mom has sailed with HAL before, once two years ago.  She wants us to stay together in one room, but I told her I'm not against us splitting up if we can get a better deal or some perks through a TA.  Our route and dates we do not want to change.  We are on the Nieuw Statendam. Final payment is 9/17/19.  

Since I'm already booked my best options are, and I'm asking here, See if a transferred booking will yield perks, OBC, pre-paid gratuities, or a combination of some.

See if a separate cruise yields a better deal and cancel the one we currently have.  Or if there is any other suggestion here I'm all for it.  

14 minutes ago, kantonburg said:

That is exactly what I was trying to say.  You worded it a bit better.  So any TA will have access to HAL's pricing and offers?

I had mentioned in one of the threads I'm currently following.  At this point we are booked through HAL with a PCC.  It's us 4 and my mom going (5 total) which I know complicated things.  We are in a FB Ocean View room currently.  All 5 of us in one room.  Main Deck.  My mom has sailed with HAL before, once two years ago.  She wants us to stay together in one room, but I told her I'm not against us splitting up if we can get a better deal or some perks through a TA.  Our route and dates we do not want to change.  We are on the Nieuw Statendam. Final payment is 9/17/19.  

Since I'm already booked my best options are, and I'm asking here, See if a transferred booking will yield perks, OBC, pre-paid gratuities, or a combination of some.

See if a separate cruise yields a better deal and cancel the one we currently have.  Or if there is any other suggestion here I'm all for it.  

A TA has to know what price to charge in order to place her bookings with a cruise line.  Cruise line pricing isn't hidden, it's there on the internet.

Since you already have a booking you're comfortable with, there is no reason not to check around with TA to see what they can offer.  Personally, no way I'd be happy with five in a cabin with only one bathroom.  If your Mom is adamant about sharing a room, why not see if you can find two adjacent cabins with connecting doors? 

First thing I'd do is go on-line at Holland and pretend your booking two rooms.  I would also contact the PCC and see if she has any recommendations.  The PCC might be very helpful in finding that kind of cabin.  Then, I would start contacting different TA.  Maybe that one website that allows agents to compete?  Can't mention names but "google" might.  You can always transfer the booking to a TA for a better deal.  

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, kantonburg said:

This is the difficulty I'm having.  Being new and trying to figure this stuff out.  I know you can't share that information, but how would you even find that information out?  Or how did you end up finding this person?

Ok.. bite the bullet and take a cruise.  Then on that cruise visit with others and find out who they used and what they got.   That is good intel.    You have to start somewhere.   You might post your e-mail quietly and ask for help on this board...     Good Luck

42 minutes ago, kantonburg said:

All 5  in one cabin?   one bathroom?    with maybe 3  berths.....    There is a Marxs brothers skit on this  you should see. on You tube.     Let me put it  to you gently.... with 3 in a cabin  tempers begin to rise after 36 hours     Your putting 5 in the same 180 sq ft box. !!!  I give it 12 hours before anger begins.  

With 5  get not less than 2 cabins... preferably 3    Mom 1    you2/3      them 4/5        The chances of  everyone getting into a fight, becoming life long enemy's  or at worst  killing each other....  is almost assured.     This is insanity at best    You and the others will end up hating cruising, and each other. almost guaranteed     It will be a cruise from hell........ split up  the cabins  or split up your family for ever.      Think this through

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Cruise line pricing isn't hidden, it's there on the internet.

So according to the PCC it was a "private" sale and I can't find it anywhere.  HAL's site definitely hasn't let me choose the same FB room for 5.  They may be not be available now either.  If this against rules I'll delete, but currently first two is fare + taxes and port fees.  Next 3 free fares and only taxes + port fees. 

The room layout is two bathrooms: one with bathtub, shower, sink and toilet and one with shower and sink.

Since you already have a booking you're comfortable with, there is no reason not to check around with TA to see what they can offer.  Personally, no way I'd be happy with five in a cabin with only one bathroom.  If your Mom is adamant about sharing a room, why not see if you can find two adjacent cabins with connecting doors? 

First thing I'd do is go on-line at Holland and pretend your booking two rooms.  I would also contact the PCC and see if she has any recommendations.  The PCC might be very helpful in finding that kind of cabin.  Then, I would start contacting different TA.  Maybe that one website that allows agents to compete?  Can't mention names but "google" might.  You can always transfer the booking to a TA for a better deal.  

Edited by kantonburg

37 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Ok.. bite the bullet and take a cruise.  Then on that cruise visit with others and find out who they used and what they got.   That is good intel.    You have to start somewhere.   You might post your e-mail quietly w e s c a t 2 @ g m a i l . c o m and ask for help on this board...     Good Luck

24 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

All 5  in one cabin?   one bathroom?    with maybe 3  berths.....    There is a Marxs brothers skit on this  you should see. on You tube.     Let me put it  to you gently.... with 3 in a cabin  tempers begin to rise after 36 hours     Your putting 5 in the same 180 sq ft box. !!!  I give it 12 hours before anger begins.  

With 5  get not less than 2 cabins... preferably 3    Mom 1    you2/3      them 4/5        The chances of  everyone getting into a fight, becoming life long enemy's  or at worst  killing each other....  is almost assured.     This is insanity at best    You and the others will end up hating cruising, and each other. almost guaranteed     It will be a cruise from hell........ split up  the cabins  or split up your family for ever.      Think this through

Read in your first quote above

I know.  My mom is excited about it, but I agree with you here.  That is why I'm open to two separate rooms if I can get a better deal.

Edited by kantonburg

11 hours ago, Hlitner said:

I respectfully disagree with most of what you have said.  Perhaps, thirty years ago, much of it would have been true.  But the world has changed and its especially true in the travel world.  "Loyalty" is a wonderful term that has no meaning in the travel world, be it with a cruise line who gives you loyalty perks or a cruise agent that sends you a cheap bottle of wine.  Nobody is "playing both ends against the middle" which I always thought was a silly saying with little real application.  Agencies are businesses and the good agencies will have some of the best deals and also have the best staff...or they may not survive.  I currently have 4 agencies on my personal "short list" of favored agencies of which two get most of my business.  Why?  Because they have some of the best deals, offer great service, and understand the industry.  If that changes tomorrow, I will not use that agency!  

The reality of high volume cruise agencies is that they work on volume!   For them the best client is one who spends a lot of money (books lots of cruises) and who does not need a lot of hand-holding (time is money).   Another of your misnomers is that an "agent busts" themselves to get a good deal.  My agents work for high volume agencies and the "deals" are negotiated by their bosses for all of their clients.  We do not get "special" treatment and we do not even play that game.  You can call or e-mail the agencies I use and get exactly the same deal.   On the other hand, I have only cancelled two booked cruises out of over 120 (one for a death in the family and the other for a new grandchild).   You will see other posters who routinely book 2, 4 or even 4 cruises with the intent of later canceling all but 1.  When we book a cruise it is only because we intend to actually take that cruise.  We are good for the agency because we demand very little...and they are good for us because they give us good deals.  Like most folks that are good at their craft they have no problem with competition because they plan on winning!  But while our #1 favorite agency usually has the best deals for any CCL company, they do not compete as well with RCI products (RCI, Celebrity and Azamara).  So when we book one of those lines our business usually goes to a different agency.

But let me tell you about this faux loyalty in the travel world.  We know, for sure, of one major mass market cruise line that will sometimes reward a first time cruiser with a free upgrade....that would never be given to their most loyal customers.  Why?  It is just business.  The line knows that the loyal cruiser is already hooked, so they spend their "capital" on a loyal customer.  Consider that the mass market cruise lines are simply about filling their berths.  Princess (not the largest) carried over 1.7 million cruisers in the past year!  HAL carried somewhat fewer passengers but still an awful lot of folks. When you cruise those lines  you are just 1 person out of many.  But HAL does a terrific job stroking folks egos with their cute lapel buttons and medallions.  I once teased an old HAL friend (who is a senior officer) about hoping they would keep the medallions but give me some free Internet.  So now, the Medallions are buried in the bottom of a storage box (I have no clue where) and I still have to pay for all my Internet (it is the only mass market line where we do not get some free Internet). 

Hank

You miss the #1 point and focus of  ALL business.  That is to get and retain a repeat customer.     You disagree  and think loyality is a silly ethic.     It isnt.    I am talking all travel business  not just cruise agents.     Airline, Hotels, Car rental,  etc.     I have a 20 year track record with a few select Airlines  Hotels etc.     On an average, each year  I get tens of thousands of dollars in real tangible dollar cost items I get because of my loyalty   every year.    Hey I just  booked a car in Europe  $200 a week cheaper  than any where  through a loyality,   I got a  hotel in paris *****  for $128. rather than $650  and was up graded to a suite    a FLIGHT TO  Sydney for $750 rather than 10,300 in business a free up grade.    I book the cheapest room in my brand of hotel and  get suites or penthouse es + comp meals B/D in the  restaurants for 2 !   I get fast track TSA and customs.world wide and use of the exec lounges  even when flying coach !!   my cruise agent sends  gift cards to me for Christmas and birthday...     No, the companies that give me this recognize my value and are willing to go to great lengths to keep me.       It is cynical to pretend  otherwise.... it is not the real world of business yesterday  today or tomorrow.     Cruise lines  offer really nothing in  real tangible things... they are behind the curve. Agents are not,         I  think I well stick with my loyalty..it seems to pay off for decades past  and present .   

If, however your dealing with the lower end of the mass cruise market  it is all about filling the ships like cattle its like a used car lot with used car salesmen  for agents.     I can understand you play in that market  it is probably correct.    However, as you might some day be willing to aspire to higher quality products I beg you consider playing  the loyalty game

Edited by Hawaiidan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, kantonburg said:

I know.  My mom is excited about it, but I agree with you here.  That is why I'm open to two separate rooms if I can get a better deal.

To be direct.... If your mom insists on 1 cabin  I would NOT  go... you will  in all probability... High probability have an unpleasant  experience and the whole families relations  will be at a tipping point.    This a Divorce attorneys  dream.....   Look the cabins are really designed for 2 people.  The cruise lines try to pack as many fares in the ship as possible.   To them it is about profit not your pleasure.     

9 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

You miss the #1 point and focus of  ALL business.  That is to get and retain a repeat customer.     You disagree  and think loyality is a silly ethic.     It isnt.    I am talking all travel business  not just cruise agents.     Airline, Hotels, Car rental,  etc.     I have a 20 year track record with a few select Airlines  Hotels etc.     On an average, each year  I get tens of thousands of dollars in real tangible dollar cost items I get because of my loyalty   every year.    Hey I just  booked a car in Europe  $200 a week cheaper  than any where  through a loyality,   I got a  hotel in paris *****  for $128. rather than $650  and was up graded to a suite    a FLIGHT TO  Sydney for $750 rather than 10,300 in business a free up grade.    I book the cheapest room in my brand of hotel and  get suites or penthouse es + comp meals B/D in the  restaurants for 2 !   I get fast track TSA and customs.world wide and use of the exec lounges  even when flying coach !!   my cruise agent sends  gift cards to me for Christmas and birthday...     No, the companies that give me this recognize my value and are willing to go to great lengths to keep me.       It is cynical to pretend  otherwise.... it is not the real world of business yesterday  today or tomorrow.     Cruise lines  offer really nothing in  real tangible things... they are behind the curve. Agents are not,         I  think I well stick with my loyality..it seems to pay off for decades past  and present .   

In case you forgot the subject of this website, it is Cruises.  Not airlines, not hotels, and I will also exclude casino-based deals which actually do reward "loyalty" albeit at a horrible price for the losers.  So what is my reward for being a 5 Star Mainer?  20% off a horribly overpriced Internet package?  A tinny medallion?    My basic question for any cruise agent (or even PCC) is "what can you do for me today if I book this cruise?"   Speaking of hotels in Paris (DW's favorite city in the world) we have no loyalty to any hotel.  We prefer to rent a furnished apartment where we get an entire flat for less then the cost of a decent hotel.  The last time we stayed in Paris we rented a very nice 3 room apartment (with a very well equipped modern kitchen) for less then the price of a room in any decent hotel.   The biggest change we have seen (for independent travelers) in the past few decades has been the proliferation of short-term rental properties.   When we do need to book a hotel in Paris (for a very short stay) it is usually in an tiny charming family run hotel in the 5th.   The large business-class hotels....we leave for those that like that kind of thing.

Hank 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cruisebie said:

Are most of you taking longer cruises or do you have friends & family sailing with you that makes your business more attractive to these agencies?  Since I'm still working most of my cruises are the 7 day variety and I'm usually cruising solo. I probably average 2 cruises a year. I cruise mostly balconies, but occasionally a suite if I see a good deal. Will I have any traction with agencies?

To be honest, the lower the  cruise line, the less the fare and the lower the commission an agent gets.   There is not that much fat on the hog to cut.      For me  I dont sail less than 12 days,  and prefer 21-28 day.   I book Lines in the top of the Mass market ( HAL or Premium lines like Azamar and Oceania         ( these lines offer up to a 50% discount for solos on some sailing)   

Before you jump and cry too expensive, cant afford it....  Start adding up  the true cost of a lesser cruise, Air, Drinks,  ex Meals, shore ex, gratuities  etc.   and the discount you might get.   

NOW  do the same with a premium line... where Air, drinks,shore ex, all specialty restaurants are included or   you can choose.    The agents for these lines get large commissions and can and do cut some very attractive deals       

The more you potentially spend  the more you will save..... and  as I found out  my premium experiences /cruises were costing the same or less than lesser discounted lower tier lines !!!   

Agents at this level can be very helpful $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

41 minutes ago, kantonburg said:

Forget the deal.... it is imperative you realize the disaster  of 5 in a cabin    Its not something you could do  but something  you MUST do  for  your mental health.    Do you

ever plan of talking to you Mom ever again....Your Husband....       Chances are  good  you wont want to after this  experience!!!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

To be direct.... If your mom insists on 1 cabin  I would NOT  go... you will  in all probability... High probability have an unpleasant  experience and the whole families relations  will be at a tipping point.    This a Divorce attorneys  dream.....   Look the cabins are really designed for 2 people.  The cruise lines try to pack as many fares in the ship as possible.   To them it is about profit not your pleasure.     

3 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Forget the deal.... it is imperative you realize the disaster  of 5 in a cabin    Its not something you could do  but something  you MUST do  for  your mental health.    Do you

ever plan of talking to you Mom ever again....Your Husband....       Chances are  good  you wont want to after this  experience!!!

Now you are offering family counselling. Is there no limit to your areas of expertise? :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

In case you forgot the subject of this website, it is Cruises.  Not airlines, not hotels, and I will also exclude casino-based deals which actually do reward "loyalty" albeit at a horrible price for the losers.  So what is my reward for being a 5 Star Mainer?  20% off a horribly overpriced Internet package?  A tinny medallion?    My basic question for any cruise agent (or even PCC) is "what can you do for me today if I book this cruise?"   Speaking of hotels in Paris (DW's favorite city in the world) we have no loyalty to any hotel.  We prefer to rent a furnished apartment where we get an entire flat for less then the cost of a decent hotel.  The last time we stayed in Paris we rented a very nice 3 room apartment (with a very well equipped modern kitchen) for less then the price of a room in any decent hotel.   The biggest change we have seen (for independent travelers) in the past few decades has been the proliferation of short-term rental properties.   When we do need to book a hotel in Paris (for a very short stay) it is usually in an tiny charming family run hotel in the 5th.   The large business-class hotels....we leave for those that like that kind of thing.

Hank 

Yes....the cruise faux loyalty programs are funny... pathetic and to me sad compared to the rest of the world    On the occasion I go l HAL  I don't ever attend the silly lunches /parties  I am on it for a cruise.        When in Paris  I eat out every meal  I dont want to cook,  I want Michelin  quality stuff.  Thats the reason I go to France  for quick 4 to 10 day jaunts.  

Thankfully my loyalty allows me the pleasure of staying in a lux suite brand, with a  view of the Seine.  It probably costs less than an apt.   In  Europe I let them do the cooking and dishes . The hotels, most , provide comp meals too if your up in their loyality game..     I appreciate you  taste  but it is not mine... thats ok

8 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Now you are offering family counselling. Is there no limit to your areas of expertise? :classic_rolleyes:

its not rocket science amigo.... human nature.   I have seen on many a cruise.  Passing on the fruits of the years.

1 hour ago, kantonburg said:

So according to the PCC it was a "private" sale and I can't find it anywhere.  HAL's site definitely hasn't let me choose the same FB room for 5.  They may be not be available now either.  If this against rules I'll delete, but currently first two is fare + taxes and port fees.  Next 3 free fares and only taxes + port fees. 

The room layout is two bathrooms: one with bathtub, shower, sink and toilet and one with shower and sink.

Private sales on HAL can have some good pricing.  I can see them when I try booking online, IF I use my Mariner number.

48 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Private sales on HAL can have some good pricing.  I can see them when I try booking online, IF I use my Mariner number.

Does it list as private sale if you're logged in? Or is it listed as something else?

Thanks

On 3/31/2019 at 4:27 PM, Sailor Taylor said:

Stupid question: how do I tell whether the TA has the payment billed through the cruise line or the agency? 

Not a stupid question at all! You ask the TA directly if the charge goes directly to the cruise line or does the charge go directly to the travel agency. Never go with an agency that does not directly charge your credit card to the cruise line. Within minutes of giving your CC# to the TA for deposit or payment, you should see it on your credit  statement paid to the cruise line.

Edited by pmjnh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kantonburg said:

Does it list as private sale if you're logged in? Or is it listed as something else?

Thanks

Nothing listed as I recall, but the pricing shows up when you got to book.

A couple of quick notes:

Kantonburg appears to be sailing on either Koningsdam or Nieuw Statendam which each have new family oceanview staterooms designed for 5 people.

Brand new to the Holland America Line are Family Ocean View Staterooms on the Koningsdam — all on Deck 1 — that sleep up to five guests. All 32 family cabins have an ocean view (none with a balcony so parents don’t have to worry about tiny-kid safety) offering 222 to 231 square feet.

To accommodate five guests: two lower beds convert into a queen, one pullout sofa sleeps two, and one upper bunk sleeps one. The Family Stateroom also boasts two bathroom spaces: one with a bathtub/shower, sink and toilet; and the second with a shower and sink. Searching for the hair dryer? You’ll find it in one of the desk’s drawers.

Second:

Hawaiidan is adamant about not booking with the cruise line. To each his / her own, however I have checked with 4 large Travel Agencies today (1 big box, 2 independent, and a membership I have) and all said the same thing. It makes no difference to them if the cruise is booked with HAL first. They can give the same benefits either way. So if you want to book with the PCC of your choice, go ahead - you are not hurting yourself. Then find the entity you wish to transfer to, at whatever time they can give you the maximum benefit.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kantonburg said:

Just off the NA Sunday and I was in a FB OV.  We had 4 in the cabin and one was a 7 year old.  I wouldn't want to be in it with more than 4.  It would be too tight.  The second bathroom with sink and shower is tiny.  If the sofa is opened up to sleep 2, there is no room to move by it.

• Like 1