Carnival Stock

travellingnana

Just a couple of questions about Carnival stock...

Do I actually have to own this stock before I put down a FCD on a cruise, or can I just buy the stock anytime before final payment?

Then once the OBC is applied to my account, can I use it to pre pay for booking excursions, or do I actually have to wait to use it until I’m physically on board the ship?

Thanks!

You don’t need to own the 100 shares before making a deposit & must request it at least 14 days prior to a cruise.  The shareholder OBC is available as soon as it’s issued to use to pay to book tours in advance.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

You must own the stock and report it to Princess at least 14 days before you sail.  A copy of the stock certificate, brokers statement or other verification of stock ownership is required.  It can be either in your account or in your IRA type account.  It is free OBC and can be used for pre-booking tours.  One stock owner OBC per cabin.   You can notify Princess up to a year in advance from what I have been told.  

Luckily I bought 100 shares of CCL in early 2009 for a very low price and have benefited ever since not only in stock appreciation and dividends but lots of OBC.  Current price of CCL is $56.42.  Also remember this OBC offer is on all Carnival owned cruise lines.  

Just now, satxdiver said:

You must own the stock and report it to Princess at least 14 days before you sail.  A copy of the stock certificate, brokers statement or other verification of stock ownership is required.  It can be either in your account or in your IRA type account.  It is free OBC and can be used for pre-booking tours.  One stock owner OBC per cabin.   You can notify Princess up to a year in advance from what I have been told.  

Luckily I bought 100 shares of CCL in early 2009 for a very low price and have benefited ever since not only in stock appreciation and dividends but lots of OBC.  Current price of CCL is $56.42.  Also remember this OBC offer is on all Carnival owned cruise lines.  

I cleared a waitlist 48 hours prior to a cruise and had no issue faxing it in then.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I cleared a waitlist 48 hours prior to a cruise and had no issue faxing it in then.

One positive thing I have noted about Princess is their willing to go the extra mile to help their clients.  So it is not surprising that you were able to get the OBC but I would not count on it in the future.  They can always fall back on the 14 day rule.  

8 hours ago, satxdiver said:

ou can notify Princess up to a year in advance from what I have been told.  

I've always been told they want something more recent.  I think the oldest stock certificate I have gotten cleared was 6 months old, maybe 3 months old, can't remember, but I have sent in something that was about a year old, and was told they wanted something newer. 

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I've always been told they want something more recent.  I think the oldest stock certificate I have gotten cleared was 6 months old, maybe 3 months old, can't remember, but I have sent in something that was about a year old, and was told they wanted something newer. 

I just requested my stockholders OBC for a cruise in June and one in November.  Both were accepted and posted to my bookings. 

8 minutes ago, jimlouisesophie said:

Could someone please explain what the benefit of owning 100 shares of Carnival stock...Does this mean the two of us would get the premier alcohol beverage at no charge?

No...different levels of non-refundable OBC.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9Mjc0MjIzfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

388F373B-E27E-4A15-9B04-287865D7E49C.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

9 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Nice, I'll ask my TA to go ahead and apply my existing one I sent her to my booking in the summer and see if it goes thru. 

When booking a cruise in January for May 2020, I applied for the SOBC & it was quickly issued.

Since requiring advance payment to book tours, I’ve applied for SOBC numerous times & as early as over 500 days in advance & it was quickly issued.  For that cruise tours were available shortly thereafter & thus I used SOBC to pay for our highly desired tours.

I directly submit my request to Princess & all five of our future cruises were issued SOBC over a year prior to sailing.  Hopefully that works for you & like posts I’ve read from other passengers who had the same experiences as me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jimlouisesophie said:

tks 4 the fast reply.

You’re welcome...it’s worked great for us since purchasing it years ago for under $30 per share.

Friends used their IRA to purchase the CCL shares which are now part of their investment portfolio.

12 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

That changed well over a year ago. You used to have to send it in no earlier than 90 days before your cruise but that is no longer the case. I sent in my shareholder request for my three cruises this year (May, October, and November) sometime last spring when I booked the cruises. Not a problem. The OBC was applied without a hitch.

• Like 1

You only get one onboard shareholder credit based on a minimum of 100 shares, even if you own 200 or more; not onboard credit for every 100 shares you own.  Also you only get one onboard credit per stateroom.  If husband and wife each own 100 or more shares, there is just the one onboard shareholder credit per cruise.

Edited by birdiebill