2 year lapse - what has changed?

Jane2357

It's been two years since our Panama cruise and probably about that long since I've been on CC.  Life has played out lately like a sad country song - Mom passed, I had open heart surgery and now our beloved dog died.  Can't make this stuff up - LOL.   I'm slowly recovering and would LOVE to get back on a ship soon - and have been poking around a bit the last two days.  It seems so much has changed with Celebrity and I'm wondering if someone would spare me hours of reading and give me a short update.

Obviously Edge - which I have no interest in - didn't like the new "balcony" in concept and like it even less in actual photos.  I see they are redoing the other ships - I love Micheals as a suite perk and wonder if that is being kept on the M class or changed out?  Loved our last Micheals Club concierge - still have those I hope.  Any changes in the Captain's Club?  Anything else that you can share?  New restaurants?  

Thanks 

Sorry to hear of all your troubles but happy that you are getting back to cruising.

The ships are being Revolutionized, Millennium and Summit are done. If you check the Summit and Millennium Revolution threads and now some live from Summit, you will see some of the changes to the cabins suites and public areas.  Equinox is up next in June with the other ships to follow over the next few years.

Michaels Club is still there, being rebranded to the Retreat Lounge.  As part of the Revolution a retreat sun deck is being added to the upper most deck, forward on each ship.  They still have the MC concierge and have added a suite's manager as a manager for the concierge and butlers.

Captains club has been back and forth with changes to the Elite happy hour.  Seems like they have settled on unlimited drinks in any bar except Martini and World Class, from 5:00 to 7:00.  They still have the event in the Sky Lounge also.

Bistro on 5 is now Sushi on 5.  The Murano type restaurants were removed from the M class ships, replaced ty Tuscan. Qsine has a new concept, no longer an extensive menu on the I-pad.  They offer La Piete Chef which is 2 set menu's with 2 seatings and a video on the table.  Check U-tube and you will see the video.

Happy to answer any questions if I can.

One thing that has apparently changed is bow access.  Apparently only the hoidy-toidys may access the bow during visits to places like Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay.  That's b.s.

Edited by quack2

1 hour ago, quack2 said:

One thing that has apparently changed is bow access.  Apparently only the hoidy-toidys may access the bow during visits to places like Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay.  That's b.s.

Is this truly "a thing?  So going through, say, the Panama Canal, everyone doesn't have the same chance to go to the bow?  😨

5 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Is this truly "a thing?  So going through, say, the Panama Canal, everyone doesn't have the same chance to go to the bow?  😨

On M-class, Deck 12 forward is being converted to a suites only retreat area; so far just Millennium and Summit, but with Constellation and Infinity soon to follow. However, you can still enjoy an inside bow view from the forward lounge on Deck 11.

13 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

On M-class, Deck 12 forward is being converted to a suites only retreat area; so far just Millennium and Summit, but with Constellation and Infinity soon to follow. However, you can still enjoy an inside bow view from the forward lounge on Deck 11.

Inside doesn't work well for photos.

14 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

I have to agree with quack2 that viewing from indoors is a very different experience than outdoor viewing.  I got up at the crack of dawn to be out on the bow when entering the Panama Canal.  Such a memorable day.

Anyhow, sorry to hear of this new policy.