Cucina del Capitano

Bookbug53

Ditto on the Cuchina lunch lasagna being "odd".  I had the lasagna in the MDR one evening and really enjoyed it, so I had it in Cuchina for lunch a couple days later, thinking it would be the same.  Bleh.  The MDR lasagna had ground beef, while at Cuchina is was almost like a roast cut of beef.  Maybe that's a more common style of lasagna than I think it is, but I had never encountered it before.  

If you're looking for something lighter than a Guy's Meat Bolus for lunch, the pasta dishes are pretty good.

On 3/26/2019 at 6:20 AM, Bookbug53 said:

Is Cucina still open and free for lunch? It shows as a dining option on several of the ships but only lists dinner with a fee. 

We have eaten there before on Magic, etc on embarkation day to avoid the chaos of LIdo. Wanted to do so again on Sunrise in July. 

Free for lunch.

On 3/26/2019 at 11:14 AM, Joebucks said:

I'm pretty sure it's just the pasta bar you will find on other ships just in the venue that makes you perceive it as a higher value.

Why would it possibly be perceived as a higher value, free is free.

6 hours ago, Babyfin said:

Does anyone happen to have photos of the lunch and dinner menus? Thanks.

The menu posted is from the Breeze.  Nonna's Dish,,,the first pasta listed is unique to the Breeze and each ship has their unique pasta dish.  We shared 2 apps, 2 desserts, a pasta dish, a side dish and each had our own main entree.  I had the tomahawk pork chop, which was fantastic last August on the Horizon.  Tons of leftovers....

• Like 1

I'm really surprised at the people who have not been impressed at lunch. 

I have eaten here multiple times on the Dream, the Breeze,  and the Magic and it is my favorite place to eat!! Love the shrimp pasta with aldredo sauce:) Yum!! Much better than OG IMO. 

Give it a try. If you don't like it you can go to the buffet. 

Donna

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Why would it possibly be perceived as a higher value, free is free.

I may be off base, but it seems very sensible to me.

When the pasta bar is with the lido buffet, it looks like just an extension of the buffet. Nothing glorious there.

But when you're inside a specialty restaurant getting food for free where it normally costs money, wouldn't people feel like they're getting something extra?

You have to remember, it's not always about the facts. Perceptions are a big deal in marketing.

22 hours ago, schazzy said:

Ah, okay, yeah, sounds more like a French-style lasagna that uses a bechamel sauce. I've had that before, and like you said, it wasn't bad, but it's not what you think of when you want lasagna. 

That is probably what it is and definetly not the lasagna we think of.