Watching NFL games at sea?

BamaHoosier

Just wondering if anyone has input on how to watch a Chicago Bears-GB Packers game while we are on the Crown Princess this September (2019)?  We have the internet package but it would take 3 hours of streaming and not sure how reliable or fast it would be.  Hubby is freaking out.  We booked the cruise before he knew the schedule.  Die-hard fan, obviously :)

18 minutes ago, BamaHoosier said:

Just wondering if anyone has input on how to watch a Chicago Bears-GB Packers game while we are on the Crown Princess this September (2019)?  We have the internet package but it would take 3 hours of streaming and not sure how reliable or fast it would be.  Hubby is freaking out.  We booked the cruise before he knew the schedule.  Die-hard fan, obviously 🙂

As it's a Thursday night game and the only game being shown at that time I would say the chances are pretty good that it will be shown.

Edited by SciFiGuy1960

Hi

Just wondering...since I am not a "fan". What would happen to him if he did not see the game live? 😁

I can't imagine he has gone though life without ever missing such an important event. How has he dealt with it in the past? Obviously I cannot take the concern seriously. The very worst, on the internet he would be able to see highlights. 

have a great cruise

We will be with you on the crown princess in September. One additional glitch is that the game starts about 8:30pm EDT. We will be in the British Iles, So the game will be from about 1:30am Friday to 5:00am Friday.

Oh, he understands the time difference and will be watching nonetheless.  Nic6318, I understand you are not a fan, and therefore perplexed by my husbands devotion to the Chicago Bears Football organization 🙂  Also, you're Canadian, sooooo 🙂

As it turns out, they will probably be airing the game onboard, so all is well for now!

Just to expand on the above. I am not sure which cruise OP Is on. There are 3 Crown cruises in September. The first begins in August and ends on September 10 in Southampton. It circles Great Britain. 

The second is another 12 day around Great Britain.

The third is a transatlantic Which leaves Southampton on September 22. It is in western Europe until October 1.

None of this seem to work well with the Thursday night football. With few passengers likely to stay up for it, I would not be surprised if Princess did not carry it.

1 hour ago, paul929207 said:

None of this seem to work well with the Thursday night football. With few passengers likely to stay up for it, I would not be surprised if Princess did not carry it.

I agree...as it costs Princess to stream these things, I am not thinking a regular game at 1:30am ( as opposed to a important game, like a championship game) is going to be a likely choice.

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

I agree...as it costs Princess to stream these things, I am not thinking a regular game at 1:30am ( as opposed to a important game, like a championship game) is going to be a likely choice.

I agree that it's unlikely to be shown on the ship.

The otherside of this is that there won't much competition for the available  bandwidth at that hour. 

Sorry about this being off subject  , but may I?  Several years ago, we were going on a cruise out of Miami where  Clemson University was playing for the National Championship.  Not wanting to miss the game or knowing of the ship would show the game, which the didn't.  I had set my TV, to record it at home and try to avoid any exposure to the game  results.  A week or so after the game, I went  to a  lounge on board and in keeping the school spirit decided to wear my Clemson shirt.

Sure as sunshine, three times, I had someone come up to me whooping and praising Clemson for their championship victory.

Stupid me.  I should have worn my Vermont shirt. 

Edited by JMorris271