Health Declaration Form

Daniel A

I would definitely keep any controlled drugs in their original container with the prescription label on it.  There are many jurisdictions that have laws that require these drugs remain in their original container as dispensed by a pharmacy.  (This advice applies to home as well as when on a trip.)

• Like 2

My wife is on some 19 different medications, 2 of which are Class 1 narcotics.  We have never notified anyone of her prescription use except for the fact that we need a sharps container and refrigerator in our stateroom..  We do travel with all of her medications in there original containers plus weekly pill kit.

My wife use to use a cane and we never notified princess of it until the time came that she needed assistance to get on the ship and then we notified the Princess Access Office and they gave us instruction on who to contact once we arrived at the terminal.

Now, we notify Princess Access Office because she is using an ECV (Electrical Conveyance Vehicle) and needs assistance to get up the gangplank.

If you husband needs no further assistance then there will be no problem.  But if he needs to, they treat and assist you very well if a wheelchair is needed to get up the gangplank.  Just request it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, capriccio said:

I used a cane on 2 cruises in 216 and 2017 and didn’t fill out a health form.

I bet you always get the prize for the oldest person on board!

(Sorry, couldn't resist. ☺)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Lindaru said:

Hubby is on V.A. prescribed narcotic pain killers.  Are we going to have to fill out a form or notify Princess before boarding?  He gets a letter for travel purposes stating that he needs them.

Thanks.

Also, he often needs to walk with a cane and I need one for difficult surfaces.  Do I need to fill out a form for that?

On the Princess website under 'What to Pack/Prohibited Items' :

• All illegal drugs, including medications without proper prescriptions. This includes legal intoxicant synthetic or “designer” drugs also known as “Legal Highs” such as Lysergamides, Opioids, Methoxetamine, Synthetic Cannabis, Betel Nuts or Kava (Cava).
  • Medical Marijuana

It appears that if you have them in original containers with evidence of a prescription it will be OK, unless you mean medical cannabis, which is not permitted. In February I took prescription oxy with no problem, didn't even think of it (compressed disc problem).

• Like 1

Thank you, everyone . . . he always keeps them in his original prescription packages and has a letter from his doctor listing out all of the medications prescribed.  Basically, just like when we road travel, so I believe we are set!

I do have to ask though . . . what were the cruise ships like back in 216?

😂

17 hours ago, Lindaru said:

Hubby is on V.A. prescribed narcotic pain killers.  Are we going to have to fill out a form or notify Princess before boarding?  He gets a letter for travel purposes stating that he needs them.

Thanks.

Also, he often needs to walk with a cane and I need one for difficult surfaces.  Do I need to fill out a form for that?

I take my bottle of Norco onboard in my carry on bag. Never had an issue. I do leave it in the original bottle. Considering the general age of the Princess passengers I'm sure there are lots of folks with paid meds. Actually, I also take a buttload of other meds onboard but don't take the original bottles as they are far too bulky. I just take on the required number of "old man daily pills" containers. You know - the ones for Monday, Tuesday, etc. Nobody has ever questioned exactly what all of those pills are. Again, I'm sure there must be a lot of folks with multiple daily meds.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lindaru said:

Sorry if I shared too much, but the customer service at Princess did not know the answer to what would be required and since this is our first cruise, I kind of need to know what we have to have before we board.

Thanks.

No worries! Just like those meds should be in the prescribed containers if you were to be stopped by police. Because other people buy and sell those hahahaha. I just keep mine with my carry on and while on ship they get put in the safe or such. 😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Katwoman007 said:

No worries! Just like those meds should be in the prescribed containers if you were to be stopped by police. Because other people buy and sell those hahahaha. I just keep mine with my carry on and while on ship they get put in the safe or such. 😉 

That is our plan, too.  Carry on (even my OTC stuff like Tylenol) and original containers, and in the safe after we get to our cabin.

:classic_smile:

7 hours ago, Lindaru said:

Thank you, everyone . . . he always keeps them in his original prescription packages and has a letter from his doctor listing out all of the medications prescribed.  Basically, just like when we road travel, so I believe we are set!

I do have to ask though . . . what were the cruise ships like back in 216?

😂

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/b8a019f2bc231c12ccd53249e752065e.jpg

• Haha 1