Celebrity Departure Ports

superduper123

I wouldn't be surprised if they rethink Amsterdam as a departure port as they have introduced a tourist tax. Celebrity are committed for their published cruises but it will be interesting to see what happens for the following season.

I'm thrilled that the Summit will be doing a 12 night repositioning cruise from Boston to Fort Lauderdale in Oct. of 2020!!  I booked it as soon as I heard about it!!  I love Celebrity and it has been quite a number of years since we've sailed on it, as we prefer not to fly to our cruises, but rather cruise out of Boston, NY, and Bayonne.

2 hours ago, srdancer said:

I think Summit will be doing some Canada/New England cruises out of Boston in Fall 2020, when they come back from Dublin to Boston rather than returning to Cape Liberty.

Yes. Summit will sail from Boston instead of Cape Liberty next year. I hope she’s back in Cape Liberty in 2021. We had intended to book a cruise on her in 2020, if we could drive to the port. 

3 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I have read that in the near future Dublin will know longer be a departure location, only a port stop.  Apparently the embarkation and disembarkations there cause problems?

Interesting. Dublin is still listed as our departure port next May.

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

Interesting. Dublin is still listed as our departure port next May.

Your cruise departure point would not change for this year. We are also leaving out of Dublin this year. I believe it’s 2021 when the changes will start occurring.

44 minutes ago, BellKat said:

Your cruise departure point would not change for this year. We are also leaving out of Dublin this year. I believe it’s 2021 when the changes will start occurring.

Thanks. I thought that must be the case, but I hadn’t seen the discussion about issues with the Dublin port. I suppose I should find out😉

5 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

might be of interest to someone that Celebrity does cruises from Dublin instead of Southampton.

Not many cruise lines can say that and flights to and from Dublin are good.

Actually, Celebrity's Transatlantic cruises later this month will end in either Southampton [Edge and Silhouette] or Dublin [Reflection].  Edge will do one subsequent sailing to the Iberian Peninsula from Southampton before changing origin port to places like Rome and Barcelona during the remainder of this year's Europe season.  Best I can tell, Silhouette will home port in Southampton for all of this year's Europe season.

Following the Transatlantic,  Reflection will home port in Dublin for the first part of this year's Europe season.

Edited by Xport

2 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Yes. Summit will sail from Boston instead of Cape Liberty next year. I hope she’s back in Cape Liberty in 2021. We had intended to book a cruise on her in 2020, if we could drive to the port. 

Summit will continue to sail from Cape Liberty on a variety of itineraries from 9 May until 2 August 2020.  The 2 August cruise will visit a few ports in Canada, Greenland and Iceland before ending in Dublin with a return cruise--also visiting a few ports in Canada, Greenland and Iceland--on 16 August 2020 before ending in Boston on 30 August 2020.  Summit will then do four twelve night Canada/New England cruises--round-trip Boston--with the last of the four departing on 5 October and ending on 17 October.  The deployment thereafter has not yet been published but, if past is predictive, one might expect that Summit will return to San Juan for the Caribbean season thereafter.

Thanks xport. I was aware of her published schedule through 2020. I want to know if she’s returning to Cape Liberty for the summer/autumn of 2021. If the past was predictive, she’d be sailing from Cape Liberty during the summer/autumn of 2020. If I must fly to Boston for an autumn Canada/New England cruise, I may as well look at other cruise lines sailing from New York or Boston, some of which have slightly better itineraries. If I can drive to Cape Liberty to board Summit, Celebrity gets my business.