Bypass agent?

Pat

Today there was a large price drop on my Cruise,  an H2 is now just a couple of hundred more than i paid for an H4.  The offer to bid on the H2 starts at $750. I emailed our travel agency to try and upgrade (Cruise is2 weeks away)and was told that the cruise is entirely sold out,  but a mock booking shows cabins left in all haven categories. Would you go to NCL directly with the request, can I  bypass my travel agent like that?

No, your travel agent owns your booking.  You could cancel your cruise through your agent and then re-book through Norwegian, however you would lose whatever perks you received at the time of your booking.  You might also lose the cabin you now have booked.

2 hours ago, Pat said:

Today there was a large price drop on my Cruise,  an H2 is now just a couple of hundred more than i paid for an H4.  The offer to bid on the H2 starts at $750. I emailed our travel agency to try and upgrade (Cruise is2 weeks away)and was told that the cruise is entirely sold out,  but a mock booking shows cabins left in all haven categories. Would you go to NCL directly with the request, can I  bypass my travel agent like that?

Unfortunately the booking doesn't belong to you, it belongs to the agent, and NCL will not talk to you, only the agent. BTW, your mock booking may not be accurate, I would trust what the TA shows instead of what you find yourself.

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

This is one of the reasons we avoid agents. 

to each his own, but a good agent and many are not, is worth her or his weight in gold. As for what the op is experiencing I would have to wonder if she tried to enter the mock booking? Probably better would be to call NCL and pretend she was a new cruiser and see what happens> All in all, there are reasons some, like you, choose to do their own bookings, but there are many good reasons for usin an agent. Remember agents don't just do cruises. They do involved travel often, they tie hotel and cruise plus air fare together and even handle land excursions. 

Hi

Yes. You have to deal with your TA. Tell the person what you found. Explain what you want and that you are expecting them to be working for you. 

I don't know what kind of agency this is, but you can ask to speak with a supervisor. If it is an individual operator, and they refuse to help you, advise them you will be telling friends and relatives about your experience as well as posting a negative review of their services on the internet. 

It is extra work for them, and lazy people try to get out of extra work. You are the employer. You need to push them and based on their response decide if you can work with them again. 

have a great cruise

• Like 1